What's new

Roe v. Wade is going down

What about states rights?

Remember folks, a vote for Republicans In the midterms is a vote to ban abortion nationally.

Is that what you really want?

What about states rights?

Remember folks, a vote for Republicans In the midterms is a vote to ban abortion nationally.

Is that what you really want?

It seems like the enthusiasm is for overturning at the moment. We will see how it looks after both sides frame the issue for the next few months.

View: https://twitter.com/iapolls2022/status/1523294145477058565?s=21&t=N5po2At2Mm44Ho8TmT5vQA

Can you explain what an enthusiasm poll is and how it's done?
I’d also like to know:

1. What the “total” column represents. It’s not clear to me.
2. Is the question “who’s excited for the midterms?” Or “who’s excited to overturn Roe v Wade” because the post combines the two.
3. Was this among Republicans? Democrats? Mixed? It doesn’t say.
4. Was this an online poll? Landline poll? Was it national or done in a state? What was the sample size? It doesn’t say.
5. The age breakdown would honestly be more helpful than breaking it down between “whites” and ppl of color.” Again, the poll isn’t clear who’s taking this poll. Why doesn’t this post provide a link to the poll? Seems suspicious, almost like they’re hiding something. I’m sure Al wouldn’t ever argue in bad faith.

This is by far a better insight into American views of abortion:

It’s not as clear cut as one might think

Abortion is a thorny issue in American life. It’s not something people like to talk about, and it’s not something people know that much about. Because of that, it’s hard to understand how Americans really think about abortionand how many Americans would react if Roe were overturned.

There is one point, though, in this debate that is clear: The majority of Americans don’t want to overturn Roe. How polls ask about support varies, but the vast majority of respondents — somewhere between 85 and 90 percent, according to most polls — think abortion should be legal in at least some circumstances.
I think one issue that complicates this debate is people conflate reasons for others getting abortions in negative light (they’re lazy and don’t want to be parents) with reasons for why they’d get abortions (wife’s health in danger, rape/incest, etc). Hell, most Americans don’t even know what Roe protects and limits. There’s a lot of nuance to abortion and unfortunately a lot of people are relying on bad faith and emotion to carry their poor arguments.

Americans overwhelmingly believe abortion should be legal AND have some limitations. Protections already in place. But because abortion has been used for decades now to motivate Republicans to the polls and raise money for churches and politicians, there’s a lot of disinformation out there.

Overruling Roe takes away the abortion right in most red states and as we’re seeing, doesn’t end with abortion. It’s bleeding into privacy, birth control, marriage laws, IVF, etc. As red state politicians climb over each other to out-conservative each other and bad faith actors from churches and The Federalist Society push for more restrictive legislation, we’ll continue to see rights for women, the LGBT community, and others erode.

This is a major problem. Republicans are using the courts and states as a way to take away rights, not expand them. They’ll use state rights arguments to erode these rights until they have the majority in Congress and the White House. Then they’ll switch to using the federal government as a bartering ram to codify their restrictive laws. Birth control, IVF, adoption, gay marriage, etc are all on the ballot.

Last edited:
I’d also like to know:

1. What the “total” column represents. It’s not clear to me.
2. Is the question “who’s excited for the midterms?” Or “who’s excited to overturn Roe v Wade” because the post combines the two.
3. Was this among Republicans? Democrats? Mixed? It doesn’t say.
4. Was this an online poll? Landline poll? Was it national or done in a state? What was the sample size? It doesn’t say.
5. The age breakdown would honestly be more helpful than breaking it down between “whites” and ppl of color.” Again, the poll isn’t clear who’s taking this poll. Why doesn’t this post provide a link to the poll? Seems suspicious, almost like they’re hiding something. I’m sure Al wouldn’t ever argue in bad faith.

This is by far a better insight into American views of abortion:

It’s not as clear cut as one might think

I think one issue that complicates this debate is people conflate reasons for others getting abortions in negative light (they’re lazy and don’t want to be parents) with reasons for why they’d get abortions (wife’s health in danger, rape/incest, etc). Hell, most Americans don’t even know what Roe protects and limits. There’s a lot of nuance to abortion and unfortunately a lot of people are relying on bad faith and emotion to carry their poor arguments.

Americans overwhelmingly believe abortion should be legal AND have some limitations. Protections already in place. But because abortion has been used for decades now to motivate Republicans to the polls and raise money for churches and politicians, there’s a lot of disinformation out there.

Overruling Roe takes away the abortion right in most red states and as we’re seeing, doesn’t end with abortion. It’s bleeding into privacy, birth control, marriage laws, IVF, etc. As red state politicians climb over each other to out-conservative each other and bad faith actors from churches and The Federalist Society push for more restrictive legislation, we’ll continue to see rights for women, the LGBT community, and others erode.

This is a major problem. Republicans are using the courts and states as a way to take away rights, not expand them. They’ll use state rights arguments to erode these rights until they have the majority in Congress and the White House. Then they’ll switch to using the federal government as a bartering ram to codify their restrictive laws. Birth control, IVF, adoption, gay marriage, etc are all on the ballot.
You and Gameface can’t even put 5 mins to research the poll. You have all these questions yet you want someone else to do the work.

30d 31r 38i

Gameface do better. You will not accept my opinion or thoughts on what an enthusiasm question is for a poll of registered voters. If I believed that you were open minded and actually cared then I would take the bait.

Do better.

You and Gameface can’t even put 5 mins to research the poll. You have all these questions yet you want someone else to do the work.

30d 31r 38i

Gameface do better. You will not accept my opinion or thoughts on what an enthusiasm question is for a poll of registered voters. If I believed that you were open minded and actually cared then I would take the bait.

Do better.
You presented the ****ing poll. ****ing lecture me me about it.

I asked the question for a ****ing reason. So that other people looking at the poll would not assume the poll meant there was 50% support for ending Row V Wade and 38% for it. So that they would ask the question.

I'm doing ****ing great smart guy.

I asked the question for a ****ing reason. So that other people looking at the poll would not assume the poll meant there was 50% support for ending Row V Wade and 38% for it. So that they would ask the question.

Nothing strengthens one’s argument more than to beg for others to find the information that the one failed or refused to provide.

I’m not going to do his job for him and figure out what cherry picked stats from this poll his tweet was using. But I will call him out on his lying.

He insinuated that overturning Roe was supported by the majority of those polled. It’s not. You’re a liar Al. If you have to lie or deceive to prove your point, then your point might just suck.

7FCA60C4-0585-470E-861A-8D335F562705.png

Nothing strengthens one’s argument more than to beg for others to find the information that the one failed or refused to provide.
I did provide the information and it wasn’t very hard to find. It was literally on tweet. You or Gameface can’t even read the tweet. Nothing was hidden, you just didn’t want to do the research of the poll.
The tweet does not say 50% of people are for overturning roe. You obviously are not doing that great if you can’t read a tweet.

I’m not going to do his job for him and figure out what cherry picked stats from this poll his tweet was using. But I will call him out on his lying.

He insinuated that overturning Roe was supported by the majority of those polled. It’s not. You’re a liar Al. If you have to lie or deceive to prove your point, then your point might just suck.

View attachment 12064
You obviously can’t read the tweet either. It’s not about about overturning roe. It’s about who is enthusiastic for voting for mid term and the views on roe. You guys can sit here and complain about one side and its policies. Yet your side is not as enthusiastic to show up and vote. The most important thing to help your side. So when the right over takes congress in a few short months, all we will get is from you two is even more bitching.

View attachment 12064
You've got to go pretty far down that PDF link to find the ONE SINGLE THING on it out of hundreds of questions (I don't know if it's literally hundreds but there are a lot of different questions) that puts a positive spin on the abortion issue for those who support overturning Roe V Wade.

The thing he uses is not a direct question. It is a combination of people who supported overturning Roe V Wade and their reported enthusiasm for voting in the mid terms vs those who oppose overturning Roe V Wade and their enthusiasm for voting in the midterms.

I mean I think we all already know that those who want to overturn Roe V Wade have been frothing at the mouth about this **** for decades on end while those who support Roe V Wade are more like "Yeah, I support women's rights. I'm chill about it."

Quite by chance, I caught this take on polarization in the US by Fareed Zakaria this morning, and found myself hoping that CNN put it up online, since I found it somewhat enlightening. They did. It asks the question as to how the US became so much more polarized on certain issues than have other Western nations. And how and if we shall continue as two nations…..

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_I7u49E7zq4

Last edited:
You obviously can’t read the tweet either. It’s not about about overturning roe. It’s about who is enthusiastic for voting for mid term and the views on roe. You guys can sit here and complain about one side and its policies. Yet your side is not as enthusiastic to show up and vote. The most important thing to help your side. So when the right over takes congress in a few short months, all we will get is from you two is even more bitching.
I agree that Democrats/the left aren't as enthusiastic about politics as the right. That is a good thing. Being obsessed about politics is stupid imo. I'm sure the right is more excited to vote than the left as the right loves them some politics. They be watching hella Fox news all day. Dem ratings doe.