What's new

Rondo anyone?

I never look at this team and think, "What they really need now is a cranky old antisocial jerk with no respect for authority or anyone else," so no on Rondo. Let's hope he lands in the hands of one of our division rivals, though.

I never look at this team and think, "What they really need now is a cranky old antisocial jerk with no respect for authority or anyone else," so no on Rondo. Let's hope he lands in the hands of one of our division rivals, though.

You could have lead with "no on Rondo" that would have been enough for me. I believe QS has the ability to alter mindsets to fit anyone into the plan, show them their capabilities.
I'd like opinions on why or why not he would be a good fit with our unit.

Lakers already stated they don't like him, I'm not sold to either side of the argument yet. I need some more convincing.

We aren't tanking right? Then no to Rondo.

Absolutely ****ing not. I've enjoyed watching everything I said about him become apparent to everyone else. I can hardly think of a player I'd want less than that chump.

I was really hoping this would be an old thread being bumped and that nobody would actually make a thread like this today.

Right now Rondo is a bigger head case then Cousins. Right now he looks like poison to our young team. As such we make lots of young team mistakes turn over the ball and such. He couldn't even get along on a veteran savvy team like Dallas. He'd completely lose it on our team.

Right now Rondo is a bigger head case then Cousins. Right now he looks like poison to our young team. As such we make lots of young team mistakes turn over the ball and such. He couldn't even get along on a veteran savvy team like Dallas. He'd completely lose it on our team.

Not only is he a major headcase, but he's no longer that good of a basketball player really.

Not only is he a major headcase, but he's no longer that good of a basketball player really.

A case could be made that Dallas got worse after they traded for him. When they made that trade I thought it would elevate them to much higher levels. It didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A big fat NO from me as well. Living, as I do, in the greater Boston area, I have watched Rondo for years. He was excellent when he was surrounded by three superstars that he respected (for the most part) and a coach that knew how to deal with him. But we've all seen what has happened since then.

I, for one, want the Jazz to remain cancer free. While I do believe he has a good amount of gas in the tank, that assessment is only valid if his head's in the game. And it hasn't been for a long time.

Look for him to sign with the Knicks or the Kings. Because apparently those franchises believe that you can actually have more than one turd in the punch bowl.

A case could be made that Dallas got worse after they traded for him. When they made that trade I thought it would elevate them to much higher levels. It didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The case not only could be made, the case can be easily won:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rondora01/on-off/2015/
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rondora01/on-off/2014/
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rondora01/on-off/2013/

Every single team he's been on in the last 3 years have been better off with him off the court. It is no coincidence that Boston got better when he left and it's no coincidence that Dallas got worse when he got there.

But wait he was an all star once... An. All. Star.

Sorry just making dumb arguments that are often made on the JF for acquiring horribly overrated players.

I will help pay his salary if LA signs him... That would be wonderful.