What's new

Roster Addition Wish List

Kind of why I've advocated getting guys in now on deals that seem kind of bad. OP Jr., Tim Hardaway, Gallo if the price was only expirings.

There are like 10-12ish teams that have max space... some will have 2 max slots. If Toronto/GS/Mil/Clips retain their guys all of a sudden there is slim pickings. Sacramento and BKN both have like $50M in space... which means no young guy with potential will go for an "under-market value deal". FAs will have a ton of leverage.

I think there will be some value in the MLE type market... but we could play in that market without cap space.

What do you think about Barnes? Fits into that mold. He would be an offseason acquisition if the Mavs shoot for a big name as they do. OP Jr is tougher pill as his deal goes past 2020 which would take up all our space while Donovan is on his rookie deal.

Also in an MLE market it's best to be the team that can go over the MLE.

What do you think about Barnes? Fits into that mold. He would be an offseason acquisition if the Mavs shoot for a big name as they do. OP Jr is tougher pill as his deal goes past 2020 which would take up all our space while Donovan is on his rookie deal.

what's Barnes 3 pt % ??

I could see him opting out and signing a longer term deal around his current salary range. He's okay. I don't think I could get super excited about him... I wish he was a little better shooter or defender. I think we'd be better with him at the 4 than our current "no-space" starting group. I like OP Jr. better, but Barnes can score in iso (not with mega efficiency obvi) and there is value in that.

I could see him opting out and signing a longer term deal around his current salary range. He's okay. I don't think I could get super excited about him... I wish he was a little better shooter or defender. I think we'd be better with him at the 4 than our current "no-space" starting group. I like OP Jr. better, but Barnes can score in iso (not with mega efficiency obvi) and there is value in that.

You really think Barnes could get 25M per for more years? I'd cap him at like 17-18.

what's Barnes 3 pt % ??

He's actually 40% this year... he hovers around 35-36 for his career. If it was a 4/80-90 type deal I could handle that. I think he will opt out of the $25M for next year if healthy. He may not get quite that much per year... but Vlade will have some say in that (Kings always get leveraged in FA when they have space).

He's actually 40% this year... he hovers around 35-36 for his career. If it was a 4/80-90 type deal I could handle that. I think he will opt out of the $25M for next year if healthy. He may not get quite that much per year... but Vlade will have some say in that (Kings always get leveraged in FA when they have space).

wasn't Barnes reasonably good in iso too ?? not any kind of playmaker but as an iso option and outside shooter he'd be ok

You really think Barnes could get 25M per for more years? I'd cap him at like 17-18.

I do... and I'm usually pretty good at predicting the NBA market on money stuff. I suck at evaluating draft guys and such, but have been decent at FA dollar values.

This year will be somewhat like the big FA spending year. Cap rise, not a ton of FAs, and some of the bad deals are coming to an end or have been stretched. Its a players market for sure.

wasn't Barnes reasonably good in iso too ?? not any kind of playmaker but as an iso option and outside shooter he'd be ok

Yeah... he can create in the mid range. The more I look at him the better I feel about it... so that's good I guess.

Julius Randle fits perfectly. Just imagine those top of the key handoffs when he fakes it and takes it to the rack. They collapse and he lobs to Rudy or kicks out to Donovan or Joe. If they don't, he dunks.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Yes we would lmao. Shamet aint shooting like Korver
Korver currently averaging 7pt with 37% from deep. Shamet averages 8pt with 38% from 3. Korver is one of the greatest 3pt shooters in history. But we wouldn't be desperate to the point of having to give up AB+2picks for him if we have Shamet. Also I can see Shamet playing for a long time in this league. I don't see that being the case with Korver or Allen.

Korver currently averaging 7pt with 37% from deep. Shamet averages 8pt with 38% from 3. Korver is one of the greatest 3pt shooters in history. But we wouldn't be desperate to the point of having to give up AB+2picks for him if we have Shamet. Also I can see Shamet playing for a long time in this league. I don't see that being the case with Korver or Allen.

Don’t mean to poopoo on Shamet but he is a rookie and Korver has played in the last two NBA finals. Also, the stats presented don’t mean as much when one considers how the opposition defends each player.

As time goes on I'm getting more and more interested in Spencer Dinwiddie. The numbers being thrown around for an extension for him with the Nets were like 4 years/$48 million, but it doesn't look like he's taking it. If the Jazz could get him for 3 years/$48 million I would be all over that. He just scored 39 points last night in the Net's win. He's an athletic scorer. He's only 25 years old and is a 6'6" hybrid guard. Pair him with Mitchell in the back court and away we go.