What's new

Roster Addition Wish List

LoPo

This thread is for discussing roster additions. Which player do you think the Jazz should target either before the trade deadline or in free agency next summer?

The Salary Cap for 2019-20 will be $109 million (up $7 million from this year). The luxury tax will be $134 million (up $8 million from this year). https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nba-sets-salary-cap-2019-20-2020-21-seasons-020033583.html

For 2019-20, we have the following contracts:
Gobert $25
Favors $16.9 (team option)
Ingles $12
Exum $9.6
Crowder $7.8
Mitchell $3.6
Allen $2.5
Bradley $2
Neto $2 (team option)
Niang $1.6 (team option)
O'Neale $1.6 (team option)
Draft pick cap hold $2
TOTAL: $87 million (if we picked up all team options)

Rubio $22.5 cap hold
Burks $17.3 cap hold
Thabo $6.8 cap hold
Udoh $4.4 cap hold

The most cap space we could possibly have available is $65 million if we sent all the team option guys packing and renounced all 4 unrestricted free agents.

So who do you think we should target either via trade before the deadline or wait to sign/acquire in the summer? What player out there who is at least semi-attainable helps us out the most?

So one max contract caliber player we'd have room for?

Klay Thompson, Kawhi, Tobias & Terry Rozier

I'm so good at being a GM

1 - Run from Favors.

2 - If the Jazz keep this **** up, you can kiss any chance of picking up a tier 1 or 2 free agent goodbye. All they have to sell is how great it is to play basketball here, but if the Jazz aren't good, every other argument quickly dries up.

3 - Kawhi Leonard is head and shoulders above everyone else. But realistically, Tobias Harris, Middleton, and Mirotic are on my radar.

So one max contract caliber player we'd have room for?

Here is what a max contract would look like: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/07/early-maximum-salary-projections-for-201920.html

Realistic targets:
Tobias (7+ years experience) - max contract starting at $32.7 - side note: Not sure he's a max player

Middleton (7+ years experience) - max contract starting at $32.7

Mirotic (5 years experience) - max contract starting at $27.25 - side note: I don't think he's a max player

Rozier (less than 6 years experience) - max contract starting at $27.25 - side note: I don't think he's a max player

I think picking up Love or Otto Porter Jr. are very much in the realm of possibility, perhaps even moreso than free agency.

Also, considering the rocky relationship between Porzingis and the Knicks, his injury, and his pending restricted free agency, I would be ready to pounce in any way: Have the cap to give an offer sheet July 1, have a competitive trade package, whatever. He is as close to the perfect player as could be conceived of that is even a fringe possibility.

Last edited:
In my mind we sorely need more facilitators, guys who can dribble comfortably into traffic and open stuff up for others. Right now we have only 3

I think picking up Love or Otto Porter Jr. are very much in the realm of possibility, perhaps even moreso than free agency.

Also, considering the rocky relationship between Porzingis and the Knicks in addition to his injury, and his pending restricted free agency, I would be ready to pounce in any way: Have the cap to give an offer sheet July 1, have a competitive trade package, whatever. He is as close to the perfect player as could be conceived of that is even a fringe possibility.
Love and OTJs contacts are way too toxic. Cavs and wizards honestly need to give away assets in order to dump them.

I hope the Jazz start winning more games. Partially because I like to see them win as a fan, but mostly so we dont have to endure endless LoPo trade ideas/FA moves.

Ill think about this when its the off season.

We are in a funk right now so I decided to start a conversation. Don't be such a crybaby.

We are in a funk right now so I decided to start a conversation. Don't be such a crybaby.
Sorry you got your feelings hurt. I know you are sensitive and I apologize for saying we have to endure your posts about trades. Keep posting those awesome trade ideas!

Also, considering the rocky relationship between Porzingis and the Knicks, his injury, and his pending restricted free agency, I would be ready to pounce in any way: Have the cap to give an offer sheet July 1, have a competitive trade package, whatever. He is as close to the perfect player as could be conceived of that is even a fringe possibility.

No way I would consider Kevin Love at $30 per year.

Otto Porter is an interesting scenario. I think he fits what we need at a price we can afford. I'd love to know what our coaching staff thinks of his fit.

Porzigis would be amazing. If for some reason we could make our Jazz seem like the best fit in the world for him, maybe he demands coming to us. I don't see him leaving though. I think Durant joins NY and the two of them turn the Knicks into an East contender pretty much over night.

Sorry you got your feelings hurt. I know you are sensitive and I apologize for saying we have to endure your posts about trades. Keep posting those awesome trade ideas!

My feelings aren't hurt at all. I just get frustrated by crybabies. If I see something I don't care about, I either ignore it or delete it. I'm not so lame as to have to publicly whine about something that doesn't really affect me.

1 - Run from Favors.

2 - If the Jazz keep this **** up, you can kiss any chance of picking up a tier 1 or 2 free agent goodbye. All they have to sell is how great it is to play basketball here, but if the Jazz aren't good, every other argument quickly dries up.

3 - Kawhi Leonard is head and shoulders above everyone else. But realistically, Tobias Harris, Middleton, and Mirotic are on my radar.

I think we are in the running for Middleton and Mirotic. If we move on from Favors, I think we need to put all of our chips in on Mirotic.

Too lazy to look up free agent pg’s but is Rubio and Rozier the best options in free agency? If we upgrade pg we are set in my opinion. Is Favors too expensive to move to full time backup C? Can Niang and Crowder handle all the pf minutes?

Spencer Dinwiddie
Julius Randle
Tobias Harris
Mirotic(him or Favors, easy choice by now)

Julius Randle really intrigues me. The guy is averaging 17ppg this year while playing less than 24mpg. He's still only 23 and plays with a high motor. He only shoots 25% from 3 and is not a rim protector, but is a pretty good all around player outside of those two things. He doesn't fit our needs perfectly, but he's a good player.

I think Randle is an upgrade over Favors.