What's new

Roster Addition Wish List

Julius Randle really intrigues me. The guy is averaging 17ppg this year while playing less than 24mpg. He's still only 23 and plays with a high motor. He only shoots 25% from 3 and is not a rim protector, but is a pretty good all around player outside of those two things. He doesn't fit our needs perfectly, but he's a good player.

I think Randle is an upgrade over Favors.

Not a fan of Randle. Not sure he is a good fit in Quinn’s sophisticated offense. He’s got that tunnel vision and a bit of a black hole.

Too lazy to look up free agent pg’s but is Rubio and Rozier the best options in free agency? If we upgrade pg we are set in my opinion. Is Favors too expensive to move to full time backup C? Can Niang and Crowder handle all the pf minutes?

As for PG's, the best options are Rozier (restricted), Bledsoe, and Kemba. Honestly, I think I'd be okay keeping Rubio at a reduced rate and play Mitchell more at PG. Rubio would be a great PG coming off the bench.

Favors at $16.9 is probably too much for any position. For backup C, that is definitely too much unless we know Gobert is going to be out for a significant amount of time.

Crowder, Niang, and Ingles should be able to cover all PF minutes. Ideally, there is somebody else in that mix who is a better long term option should Niang prove to never be more than a bench PF.

Not a fan of Randle. Not sure he is a good fit in Quinn’s sophisticated offense. He’s got that tunnel vision and a bit of a black hole.

I don't know why Randle gets such a bad rep for being a black hole. Favors has averaged 1 assist per game in his career and just half an assist per game this year. Randle averages 2.5 assists per game. Randle can handle the ball and attacks the bucket. He goes to the line twice as much as Favors does. He is shooting 7 free throws per game this year. He goes to the line as much as Gobert.

I have some major questions about Randle and he definitely isn't my top option, but if he keeps his current form all year playing next to AD and Mirotic, I think he could be a bargain signing should NOLA put all their money into AD and Mirotic.

Julius Randle really intrigues me. The guy is averaging 17ppg this year while playing less than 24mpg. He's still only 23 and plays with a high motor. He only shoots 25% from 3 and is not a rim protector, but is a pretty good all around player outside of those two things. He doesn't fit our needs perfectly, but he's a good player.

Not a shooter, not a defender, not a rim-protector = not any interest whatsoever.

My feelings aren't hurt at all. I just get frustrated by crybabies. If I see something I don't care about, I either ignore it or delete it. I'm not so lame as to have to publicly whine about something that doesn't really affect me.
Sorry, you seem really frustrated about this issue of people teasing you out for posting silly trades over and over and over and over again. Do you need to keep publicly whining about posts that make make fun of you? Or do you just want to feel safe on jazzfanz and have no one tease you?

Sorry, you seem really frustrated about this issue of people teasing you out for posting silly trades over and over and over and over again. Do you need to keep publicly whining about posts that make make fun of you? Or do you just want to feel safe on jazzfanz and have no one tease you?

If it bothered me that much, I wouldn't be here. I fully understand that sad little guys like you want to take shots at idea people like me when you're having a bad day.

If it bothered me that much, I wouldn't be here. I fully understand that sad little guys like you want to take shots at idea people like me when you're having a bad day.

I am having a great day! Thats why I am here reading Jazzfanz and lightly teasing someone. But clearly I went to far for you, I am sorry. I hope your Jazzfanz reading and posting gets better today.

Here ill participate to keep this great thread going:

We should target Durant in FA. He says nice things about the Jazz and wants to win championships and want to rebuild his tarnished brand. Winning a championship in Utah would cement his place as an all-time great player and make fans like him. Plus he is a good fit. Leonard would be my second choice. If Mirotic is reasonably priced then he is my third choice.

More likely either make a trade when a big name becomes available and is under contract for a couple seasons or more. Or we roll with what we got making minor upgrades and hope that the staff can find more diamonds in the rough.

I hope the Jazz start winning more games. Partially because I like to see them win as a fan, but mostly so we dont have to endure endless LoPo trade ideas/FA moves.

Ill think about this when its the off season.
For real. The season just started.

I am having a great day! Thats why I am here reading Jazzfanz and lightly teasing someone. But clearly I went to far for you, I am sorry. I hope your Jazzfanz reading and posting gets better today.

Here ill participate to keep this great thread going:

We should target Durant in FA. He says nice things about the Jazz and wants to win championships and want to rebuild his tarnished brand. Winning a championship in Utah would cement his place as an all-time great player and make fans like him. Plus he is a good fit. Leonard would be my second choice. If Mirotic is reasonably priced then he is my third choice.

More likely either make a trade when a big name becomes available and is under contract for a couple seasons or more. Or we roll with what we got making minor upgrades and hope that the staff can find more diamonds in the rough.

Tobias Harris?

I think lopo would rather go on a 20 game losing streak if it meant making a lateral trade then going on a 15 game winning streak if it meant no trades would be made.

Randle improved over the offseason, shows his dedication and he wants to win, much the same way Burks was told to slow down and lets things develop. Randle listened and worked on his game, he just not a sniper from 3. Refs have removed defense from the game, we're short on offensive playmakers anyway.

You’re a Trump person, right?

I don't know why Randle gets such a bad rep for being a black hole. Favors has averaged 1 assist per game in his career and just half an assist per game this year. Randle averages 2.5 assists per game. Randle can handle the ball and attacks the bucket. He goes to the line twice as much as Favors does. He is shooting 7 free throws per game this year. He goes to the line as much as Gobert.

I have some major questions about Randle and he definitely isn't my top option, but if he keeps his current form all year playing next to AD and Mirotic, I think he could be a bargain signing should NOLA put all their money into AD and Mirotic.
They’re two entirely two different players. Favors is strictly a pick’n roll big who doesn’t touch the ball much or have plays called for him. Of course he isn’t going to average many assists. Randle thinks he can run an offense. Isn’t a good passer and can’t defend and is dumb. A lot of his offense is hero ball, idiot!!
And pay him ~$17 million to be a backup and sacrifice any chance of using that cap?

Can I say... “IDIOT!!!”

?
I should’ve been more clear. I meant put him at backup c this year then drop him next.

And no you can’t. I own it. It’s thee jazz fan’ing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randle improved over the offseason, shows his dedication and he wants to win, much the same way Burks was told to slow down and lets things develop. Randle listened and worked on his game, he just not a sniper from 3. Refs have removed defense from the game, we're short on offensive playmakers anyway.

Not a sniper from three, yet he’s shooting more per game this year then ever before. I don’t see these improvements you say he’s made, oh and he still can’t shoot ore defend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randle is someone we can hand the ball to and make a play. No one else on this team besides DM can generate offense on his own without any play design.

I think lopo would rather go on a 20 game losing streak if it meant making a lateral trade then going on a 15 game winning streak if it meant no trades would be made.

Cy wants to keep everything in place, expect to get better, and celebrate mediocrity.

I'm willing to make a trade that might risk a couple wins now so we actually contend for a title down the road. Starting Rubio and Favors was never going to bring us close to a title. Just like starting Ronnie Brewer was never the long term answer. We lack the guts to try something big.