What's new

Roster Addition Wish List

The rumor is Utah wanted to sign Lowry for convince Hayward to stay, but Lowry decided to stay with Toronto, so they traded for Rubio instead.

I don’t see how that rumor could be true... we would not have had the space for that.

If we acquired the right SF, could we move Ingles to PF to be our stretch 4 especially as he ages?

I know he isn't a rim protector, but we have Gobert. Ingles does everything. With the ever shrinking NBA, couldn't he play there?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I keep hearing Joe at the four... he struggles guarding the post... gets beat there pretty easily. We’d need another wing with rebounding and post defense so they are operating as the four really.

No, clue, maybe a S&T or something, but I was told their was mutual interest.

Could have been... timing would have been weird on that though if Hayward was involved. I guess they could have worked through back channels.

Harris Gallo note... they must both be pretty good because the rest of that starting lineup is trash... Beverly, Bradley and Gortat have been *** this year. Obvi Sweet Lou is the "real" starter, but man they might be alright if they moved on from some of their bad players.

We have lots of time to think about what we will do this summer and at the trade deadline doesn't mean we can't throw some ideas out.

I don't think huge changes need to be made, but I think we've seen enough this year and last year to know the starting lineup ain't great. Would be fine if Favs was lighting people on fire with the second unit but that ain't happening. I'd move him to the bench. It will help the starters... we aren't good enough to play lineups that don't function well just to make vet players happy. I don't think we will lose him. He can be traded in January as an expiring attached to a decent player. See if Crowder/Niang/Thabo is good enough at the 4.

I'm not against keeping Rubio this summer, but only if it's a bargain. So I'm waiving his cap hold while we shop. If he leaves that's okay. If we sign someone then get him with what is left of our space that's a decent deal.

If we don't get OP Jr. in trade and we miss on Niko, Harris, Kemba, Middleton... then we go shopping in the bargain bin for value deals on guys like Dinwiddie, McGruder, Brogdon, Satoransky... if we find nothing there we can look to the trade market for teams that may need to clear space that may attach an asset for a player we would use but is overpaid on a one-year deal. Marvin Williams, Danilo Gallinari, are candidates I see right now. If Gallo is still healthy and playing like he is now then there is not an asset needed imo. We can try again in 2020 FA or take someone from a team with buyers remorse (say Niko re-signs with NO and then Davis bails... they may need a home for Niko).

We can also look at guys like Love and Griffin but those deals are really rough.
Spot on as always.

Too trivial a move to make a difference imo. Not sure he's better than Rubio.

Trivial? lol. OK. We can't sign four max-level players. God forbid when someone suggests a signing that isn't a star/superstar who will likely fill a need and help the team....

How else do you think deals get signed at midnight when FA opens?

I was thinking Rubio trade was like a week before FA opened, but it was much closer. I'd be curious as to how they were going to pull that off still.

Middleton, Porter, Harris, Mirotic, in that order. I'm also not completely sold on Rubio and I don't think Exum is ever going to be a starting caliber point guard. Dinwiddie and Rozier are definitely worth looking into.

Aaron gordon, porter, harris, niko, middleton in that order.

They wouldnt have traded for Rubio.

I know... I thought maybe the trade happened a week before FA opened... didn't think the "back channels" would be open by then... at least not to the extent that he'd essentially decide to go back, but the Rubio trade was basically right before FA opened.

We still would not have had cap space so it would have been a sign and trade with some of our expirings, picks, Exum, IDK. Not sure how realistic we were as a destination.

I know... I thought maybe the trade happened a week before FA opened... didn't think the "back channels" would be open by then... at least not to the extent that he'd essentially decide to go back, but the Rubio trade was basically right before FA opened.

We still would not have had cap space so it would have been a sign and trade with some of our expirings, picks, Exum, IDK. Not sure how realistic we were as a destination.
I think back channels are open always

Devil on my shoulder: Say it.. it will be funny.
Angel: don't do it it's immature...

Me: That's what she said!

Angel: Why do I even try?
MV5BNWJhOWE5NmUtYTgyZC00YWVmLTlkYmUtYjVkZDgzNTIzNjdiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzM4MjM0Nzg@._V1_.jpg

Aaron Gordon's shot scares me... If we had a dead eye shooter in the back court I'd be okay... With DM and Rubio I think we'd prefer more shooting there.
If he was a dead-eye he would have been maxed and not traded until his UFA was drawing near, at the absolute earliest.

The moves the Jazz have to do are buying low on guys they believe they can improve in some form or fashion. If Gordon is a worker and he's playing the 4, I think it could be as close to a perfect fit as they could hope to find.