What's new

Roster Addition Wish List

Why so low on Middleton?

I dont know. Every time i watch him im underwhelmed. No wow factor. Just seems like a really poor mans klay thompson to me. Just a good spot up shooter and little else. Seems a bit undersized at the 4.

I admittedly havent watched him play much or researched his stats much or anything.

Googling.......

I dont know. Every time i watch him im underwhelmed. No wow factor. Just seems like a really poor mans klay thompson to me. Just a good spot up shooter and little else. Seems a bit undersized at the 4.

I admittedly havent watched him play much or researched his stats much or anything.

Googling.......

I watched him the playoffs and he was straight fire.

If he was a dead-eye he would have been maxed and not traded until his UFA was drawing near, at the absolute earliest.

The moves the Jazz have to do are buying low on guys they believe they can improve in some form or fashion. If Gordon is a worker and he's playing the 4, I think it could be as close to a perfect fit as they could hope to find.

I haven’t watched a lot of Orlando. I like the idea of him... if we went another way at PG or SG (like moving DM to pg and bringing in a good shooter) I could see it working really well.

Too early for this thread. Give it another 4-6 weeks.

This said, I think the most important things for us are to be healthy and have Rubio play like he did in the second half of last season. If that happens, I think we can beat anyone outside of the Dubs in the playoffs.

I like Dinwiddie seems like a guy that will fit the culture too.

Jazz would have MAJOR length at the PG with him and Dante splitting minutes.

Right now tho he's shooting WAY over his career averages - the jump is even atypical for a contract year.

Interesting to see if he can sustain them.

Not a guy who makes a lot of plays passing the ball - but doesn't make a lot of mistakes either.

Jazz missed big time on not picking up Jelly as a stop gap.

Can make up for it with Harris or Miro.

Too early for this thread. Give it another 4-6 weeks.

This said, I think the most important things for us are to be healthy and have Rubio play like he did in the second half of last season. If that happens, I think we can beat anyone outside of the Dubs in the playoffs.
And if he plays like he has for the 80% of the rest of his career?

Last edited:
I will say these things just to say them:

1 - Locke mentioned at some point in the offseason that he didn't think the idea of keeping a team together just because they were close was a good idea because every season is simply different. What may be true one year with something so delicate as on and off court chemistry is basically certain to change just because change is the constant in existence.

2 - Most teams get better over an offseason, so the question of improving a record is a question of how much better you got than other teams got better. Considering that, standing pat makes you worse. Keeping the roster virtually identical was a mistake and I felt that way heading into the offseason, during it, and coming out of it. I am not saying the team needs to be blown up, but when you take the fairy dust of last season's surge away, this roster seriously lacks stars and spacing, and this team's two franchise players either thrive (Mitchell) or simply require (Gobert) space to be their best.

Pursuing star free agents was already a bit of a fringe notion, but if things keep going the way they are, the idea should basically be abandoned altogether.

Also, I like Porter but he doesn't address the issue of this team lacking any offensive hubs besides Mitchell. He's also not a natural 4.

But if we pivot to grabbing guys under contract and ditching the cap idea, it's definitely something to think about.

I’m extra irritated about Bjelica right now... we’d have lots of options at stretch 4... have room to maneuver under cap if we wanted to.

I thought continuity would give us a head start... not leave us behind.

Remember when we didn't want to trade our 1st round pick for Mirotic? I'm sure glad we have Grayson Allen right now instead of Mirotic.

I’m extra irritated about Bjelica right now... we’d have lots of options at stretch 4... have room to maneuver under cap if we wanted to.

I thought continuity would give us a head start... not leave us behind.
Bjelica would've been perfect. Seeing how his free agency went, Locke signaling interest throughout the season, Ricky and I believe Mitchell flirting with him in the offseason, it seems pretty apparent that the Jazz just thought holding their cards was smarter. I have no idea why. He would've been perfect.