What's new

Roster Addition Wish List

Randle is someone we can hand the ball to and make a play. No one else on this team besides DM can generate offense on his own without any play design.
I think we have plenty of other people who can do that on this team and better than Randle. I would rather give the ball to Rubio, Burks, Ingles, or Exum to try and make a play without a design.

I think we have plenty of other people who can do that on this team and better than Randle. I would rather give the ball to Rubio, Burks, Ingles, or Exum to try and make a play without a design.
Only Burks and Exum can create offense on their own, and both can't do it on a consistent basis. Rubio and Ingles are the exact opposite of creating without a design. They are executors rather than creators. How many times have you seen them scoring on iso? Exactly.

What in the hell are you watching? It’s not jazz basketball, don’t be an idiot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are guys I would rather have than Randle. I've already said that. However, I would take Randle as a short and long term answer to Favors. I like how hard he plays, attacks the boards, etc. He is better on the ball and is a better passer. Favors is best suited as a bench big. I think Randle is a better bench big than Favors. If he continues to improve, he could become a very good starting PF/C.

If we lose out on Tobias Harris, Middleton, Mirotic, Durant, and all other PF/C options, I would gladly decline the $16.9 million option on Favors and sign Randle to a deal making less.

What in the hell are you watching? It’s not jazz basketball, don’t be an idiot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not when the Jazz basketball isn't working. We've lost 3 in a row and about to make it 4 in a row tonight without DM. Lost at home twice to a Memphis team that isn't very good(lost to both the Kings and the Suns) should've put doubt to everyone' mind. What happen when the 3s aren't falling?

There are guys I would rather have than Randle. I've already said that. However, I would take Randle as a short and long term answer to Favors. I like how hard he plays, attacks the boards, etc. He is better on the ball and is a better passer. Favors is best suited as a bench big. I think Randle is a better bench big than Favors. If he continues to improve, he could become a very good starting PF/C.

If we lose out on Tobias Harris, Middleton, Mirotic, Durant, and all other PF/C options, I would gladly decline the $16.9 million option on Favors and sign Randle to a deal making less.
Mirotic and Harris are definitely better options. Favs has been disappointing so far this season and I doubt DL brings him back for next season.

Middleton, Porter, Harris, Mirotic, in that order. I'm also not completely sold on Rubio and I don't think Exum is ever going to be a starting caliber point guard. Dinwiddie and Rozier are definitely worth looking into.

We have lots of time to think about what we will do this summer and at the trade deadline doesn't mean we can't throw some ideas out.

I don't think huge changes need to be made, but I think we've seen enough this year and last year to know the starting lineup ain't great. Would be fine if Favs was lighting people on fire with the second unit but that ain't happening. I'd move him to the bench. It will help the starters... we aren't good enough to play lineups that don't function well just to make vet players happy. I don't think we will lose him. He can be traded in January as an expiring attached to a decent player. See if Crowder/Niang/Thabo is good enough at the 4.

I'm not against keeping Rubio this summer, but only if it's a bargain. So I'm waiving his cap hold while we shop. If he leaves that's okay. If we sign someone then get him with what is left of our space that's a decent deal.

If we don't get OP Jr. in trade and we miss on Niko, Harris, Kemba, Middleton... then we go shopping in the bargain bin for value deals on guys like Dinwiddie, McGruder, Brogdon, Satoransky... if we find nothing there we can look to the trade market for teams that may need to clear space that may attach an asset for a player we would use but is overpaid on a one-year deal. Marvin Williams, Danilo Gallinari, are candidates I see right now. If Gallo is still healthy and playing like he is now then there is not an asset needed imo. We can try again in 2020 FA or take someone from a team with buyers remorse (say Niko re-signs with NO and then Davis bails... they may need a home for Niko).

We can also look at guys like Love and Griffin but those deals are really rough.

Middleton, Porter, Harris, Mirotic, in that order. I'm also not completely sold on Rubio and I don't think Exum is ever going to be a starting caliber point guard. Dinwiddie and Rozier are definitely worth looking into.

Pretty much this... I might flip Harris and Niko on the list. I'd look into the guard position. Rubio and Exum aren't redundant, but they have some of the same flaws. Get a lower cost option that can shoot off the dribble to mix and match.

I am having a great day! Thats why I am here reading Jazzfanz and lightly teasing someone. But clearly I went to far for you, I am sorry. I hope your Jazzfanz reading and posting gets better today.

Here ill participate to keep this great thread going:

We should target Durant in FA. He says nice things about the Jazz and wants to win championships and want to rebuild his tarnished brand. Winning a championship in Utah would cement his place as an all-time great player and make fans like him. Plus he is a good fit. Leonard would be my second choice. If Mirotic is reasonably priced then he is my third choice.

More likely either make a trade when a big name becomes available and is under contract for a couple seasons or more. Or we roll with what we got making minor upgrades and hope that the staff can find more diamonds in the rough.
Get a room you two. The sexual tension is killing me.

Only Burks and Exum can create offense on their own, and both can't do it on a consistent basis. Rubio and Ingles are the exact opposite of creating without a design. They are executors rather than creators. How many times have you seen them scoring on iso? Exactly.

Saying you want someone to score in ISO is different than creating a play without design. You can call for a pick pretty easy. I would still take either of them over Randle. They can get past their guy and make the pass to the open person or shoot if they need to.

This season Ingles ranks #19th in ISO plays. Last year Rubio was our best player in ISO plays and was in the 80th percentile in the NBA. He was pretty much the same in ISO as Fournier and Lavine. Keeping in mind that these stats from NBA.com dont include assists out of ISO plays.

Also keep in mind that our team hardly ever runs ISOs. This isnt because we dont have the personal to run it but because its not our offensive system. Even Mitchell only runs 2.7 per game this season.

Utah is leading the league in Drives this season. Mitchell has the most on the team followed in order by Ingles, Rubio, and then Exum. Ingles and Rubio are getting a lot of assists on these.

Randle on the other hand is getting about the same number of ISOs so far this year as Rubio, Burks, Exum, and Ingles but is only getting 0.75 points per possession (worst of the bunch) and shooting 33% (worst of the bunch). Ingles on the same number of ISOs is shooting a EFG% of 68.8%.

Last year Randle for the Lakers had 1.3 ISOs per game and was slightly better but still worse than either Rubio or Ingles by an stat measuring ISOs. Including that he turned the ball over 15% of the time in ISOs last year and 12.5% so far this year.

Saying you want someone to score in ISO is different than creating a play without design. You can call for a pick pretty easy. I would still take either of them over Randle. They can get past their guy and make the pass to the open person or shoot if they need to.

This season Ingles ranks #19th in ISO plays. Last year Rubio was our best player in ISO plays and was in the 80th percentile in the NBA. He was pretty much the same in ISO as Fournier and Lavine. Keeping in mind that these stats from NBA.com dont include assists out of ISO plays.

Also keep in mind that our team hardly ever runs ISOs. This isnt because we dont have the personal to run it but because its not our offensive system. Even Mitchell only runs 2.7 per game this season.

Utah is leading the league in Drives this season. Mitchell has the most on the team followed in order by Ingles, Rubio, and then Exum. Ingles and Rubio are getting a lot of assists on these.

Randle on the other hand is getting about the same number of ISOs so far this year as Rubio, Burks, Exum, and Ingles but is only getting 0.75 points per possession (worst of the bunch) and shooting 33% (worst of the bunch). Ingles on the same number of ISOs is shooting a EFG% of 68.8%.

Last year Randle for the Lakers had 1.3 ISOs per game and was slightly better but still worse than either Rubio or Ingles by an stat measuring ISOs. Including that he turned the ball over 15% of the time in ISOs last year and 12.5% so far this year.

Nice post. There are some things Randle can do that would be nice but the decencies make him a no thanks for me. Shooting and rim protection are things I want from my bigs.

The drives part I heard on the locke podcast... kind of reinforces our need for space and why dropping everyone to the paint really screws us up. If we can’t hit the threes the other stuff gets gummed up... if we hit our threes we can get the rime stuff too. Explains why we go nuclear too... if the threes are falling then the rim runs and drives are impossible to stop.

So add more shooting and then add more shooting on top of that shooting.

Why on Earth would you have Porter above Harris?

I don’t know what happens in Toronto but Kyle Lowry only has like 1M of his 30M salary guaranteed next year. Always like him. I think there is a 95% chance they pick it up... but if Kawhi leaves they might move him or cut some costs (although if Kawhi leaves they don’t have a salary crunch). IDK... I just like him and think he’s fit... he’s stubborn and ornery but I think you need a guy like that.

I don’t know what happens in Toronto but Kyle Lowry only has like 1M of his 30M salary guaranteed next year. Always like him. I think there is a 95% chance they pick it up... but if Kawhi leaves they might move him or cut some costs (although if Kawhi leaves they don’t have a salary crunch). IDK... I just like him and think he’s fit... he’s stubborn and ornery but I think you need a guy like that.
The rumor is Utah wanted to sign Lowry for convince Hayward to stay, but Lowry decided to stay with Toronto, so they traded for Rubio instead.

If we acquired the right SF, could we move Ingles to PF to be our stretch 4 especially as he ages?

I know he isn't a rim protector, but we have Gobert. Ingles does everything. With the ever shrinking NBA, couldn't he play there?

Ingles, Crowder and Niang at PF...

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app