What's new

Roster Addition Wish List

Man, I dont even know anymore. This Dinwiddie deal has killed my free agent optimism.

I tried to tell you he wouldn't get to FA.

I'm more convinced than ever that I'd take on money now if it was for good players on okayish deals... or brought some other benefit (like a pick)... we aren't really in salary dump for a pick mode though.

There is a glimmer of hope though... Middleton has been trash since his benching and dust up with the coaches... might be some issues there. Probably nothing $50M couldn't solve but who knows.

I'm more convinced than ever that I'd take on money now if it was for good players on okayish deals... or brought some other benefit (like a pick)... we aren't really in salary dump for a pick mode though.

There is a glimmer of hope though... Middleton has been trash since his benching and dust up with the coaches... might be some issues there. Probably nothing $50M couldn't solve but who knows.

totally in agreement per usual. we have to consolidate assets ASAP. Middleton is a top 5 target for me.

Maybe if the Pistons continue to suck they will deal Blake to us.

Maybe if the Pistons continue to suck they will deal Blake to us.

Joe would destroy his confidence in practice.

Blake is friggin killing it this year. If he’s healthy they wouldn’t do it for free. If he’s hurt I don’t want him for free.

if he chooses, third year is a player option, more security for him. what an amazing deal for both sides, just like the favors deal
$17 million for Favors while Bjelica got less than $7 and Randle got less than $9 is a bad deal.

Dinwiddie at less than $12 is great business for Brooklyn. People will get overpaid this summer.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think the Bjelica non-signing will haunt us more than the Niko non-trade.

Bjelica and Crowder to man the 4 would have been balls. We could have kept Favs too... he'd have to agree to a bench role, but I'm not sure his market was more than MLE. Could waive Thabo or Udoh and stay under the tax (could also grind Favs or Exum down a little on their deals).

Its amazing that using some of that dry powder would actually give us more flexibility.

Joe would destroy his confidence in practice.

Blake is friggin killing it this year. If he’s healthy they wouldn’t do it for free. If he’s hurt I don’t want him for free.
Yeah, it's probably not possible.

You'd have to take back Jackson and give up two picks as a starter. I don't think the Jazz have that one big asset that can get a star.

$17 million for Favors while Bjelica got less than $7 and Randle got less than $9 is a bad deal.

Dinwiddie at less than $12 is great business for Brooklyn. People will get overpaid this summer.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

i'm not saying it's better than favors's deal in particular, just that it's both player and team friendly like Derrick's contract is.

Yeah, it's probably not possible.

You'd have to take back Jackson and give up two picks as a starter. I don't think the Jazz have that one big asset that can get a star.

Not a "name brand" star, but a guy like Gallinari who is playing close to all-star level I think could be had.

@LoPo suggested Kelly Olynyk the other day.

I wonder if Miami would do KO and McGruder for expirings. Not sure if Kelly's contract is viewed as a positive or negative. I think he's a nice player that provides a lot of what we'd want in a guy like Niko, but is cool coming off the bench. Great passer would be a better fit alongside Rudy and allow us to play 5 out when we want to.

We could still have space with taking those guys and I think they'd both be fantastic fits. The glimmer of FA hope is very likely to fade and disappoint. Getting value now is the most appealing option imo.

@LoPo suggested Kelly Olynyk the other day.

I wonder if Miami would do KO and McGruder for expirings. Not sure if Kelly's contract is viewed as a positive or negative. I think he's a nice player that provides a lot of what we'd want in a guy like Niko, but is cool coming off the bench. Great passer would be a better fit alongside Rudy and allow us to play 5 out when we want to.

We could still have space with taking those guys and I think they'd both be fantastic fits. The glimmer of FA hope is very likely to fade and disappoint. Getting value now is the most appealing option imo.
Nah.

people act like nemanja bjelica wanted to come here for sure? I think that serbian vlade connection was what did it for him.

Of course he isn't. But he's only gonna get better in the future. Even if he doesn't get better, he's gonna stick around in this league for a long time by just keeping his shooting. Krover isn't gonna be around for long we all know that. And neither is Allen if he continues to shoot 25% from deep.
In the ten minutes he’s played all year?
He isn't playing because he isn't good. Not the other way around.
He isn’t playing because of his defensive issues, not because of his shooting or offense. Quin has said as much.
If he played well against the end of bench players on other teams, I'd call it a small sample size. But he has performed underwhelmingly. It's like a math test. It usually takes multiple evaluations to see where you at. But if you can't even pass the entry level, you're done.

You’re an idiot!!

Needed to be said.

people act like nemanja bjelica wanted to come here for sure? I think that serbian vlade connection was what did it for him.

Well we could have offered a little extra scratch... that's what he was really after. Plus DM hung with him in Europe this summer. If we wanted him we could have got him... he went to basketball purgatory and who knows how long Vlade will be there. It turns out they are actually good.

I don't think it would have been a for sure deal at the same money... but we easily could have offered more than he got.