What's new

Roster Addition Wish List

I don’t think Covington can dribble... is he allowed to dribble?

He’s straight 3 and D.

Feel bad for Covington now that he has the Lopo Jonathon Simmons Curse.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/4278508/troy-brown-jr
vs
http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3135045/grayson-allen

When you can't even play every game for the Wiz...

tenor.gif

Mirotic seems pretty happy in NOLA: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-new-orleans-pelicans-more-confident-ever-nba

"Mirotic eats this up. When asked if he likes the fit in New Orleans, his face beams. "You can see my smile," he says. In addition to being Davis' running-mate in the frontcourt, Mirotic is also his tenant, as he rents his current residence from Davis. "He gave me a good price," says Mirotic, who has a particular fondness for the large screening room."

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I know some of y'all don't like the idea, but I think we need to check the availability of Rozier.

Why Rozier:
- He's a fighter. Gives us needed energy
- He's close with Mitchell
- He can play off the ball so Mitchell can run PG in many sets
- He is a better defender than Rubio
- He is a better shooter than Rubio
- He is a better player than Exum
- He is restricted in the summer so he could be a long term fit

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I’m becoming increasingly skeptical that we will get someone signed from the Niko, Harris, Middleton tier... we gonna end up like Philly? Wilson chandler and one year of JJ?

So when Gallo is healthy is there a better fit at the four? Tobias maybe but I think healthy Gallo is better than niko. I like him better than OP jr. when healthy... I’m leaning more towards taking useful players with our expiring and let others bank on the hope of free agency.

Say we win 45-48 games and lose in the first or second round... are we viewed as an amazing FA destination... better than the LA teams, NY? Better than their home teams which can offer more money? If we are waiting to make big transitions at key positions I think we end up disappointed.

Not looking at salary dumps and draft assets... useful players that fit that may be on deals that are perceived as less valuable. Non-name brand dudes.

I’m becoming increasingly skeptical that we will get someone signed from the Niko, Harris, Middleton tier... we gonna end up like Philly? Wilson chandler and one year of JJ?

So when Gallo is healthy is there a better fit at the four? Tobias maybe but I think healthy Gallo is better than niko. I like him better than OP jr. when healthy... I’m leaning more towards taking useful players with our expiring and let others bank on the hope of free agency.

Say we win 45-48 games and lose in the first or second round... are we viewed as an amazing FA destination... better than the LA teams, NY? Better than their home teams which can offer more money? If we are waiting to make big transitions at key positions I think we end up disappointed.

Not looking at salary dumps and draft assets... useful players that fit that may be on deals that are perceived as less valuable. Non-name brand dudes.

Realistically I don't think we have a chance in hell of getting Middleton and I think Harris is very unlikely as well. I think we will have a shot at Niko but we'll likely have to overpay to get him and might even have to give him close to a max contract, which he's probably not worth. I really like Gallo and think he would be a great fit and help our offense out a ton.

Our chances of signing someone is reliant on the team being good. Our being good relies on Ricky Rubio playing historically great, so, yeah.

So Sacramento is apparently upset Dave Joerger isn’t playing Bagley enough. That owner GM group refuses to get out of their own damn way... they are the surprise darling and they are like why isn’t out lotto pick playing 36 minutes...

Wonder if they move Bjelica at some point to force Joerger’s hand... what a **** organization. Fox, Hield have both been developing and Bagley is in the rotation... how much young player time are they expecting.

I’m becoming increasingly skeptical that we will get someone signed from the Niko, Harris, Middleton tier...
This is where not doing the Niko deal bites us in the *** the second time around. An oft-repeated argument was that if he wanted to come here we could just sign him outright. If he finds himself in a good situation, which it appears he has, why give that up and leave the team willing to give up a first for you for the team that wouldn’t? It could be our Hayward part 2 of a player feeling slighted.

This is where not doing the Niko deal bites us in the *** the second time around. An oft-repeated argument was that if he wanted to come here we could just sign him outright. If he finds himself in a good situation, which it appears he has, why give that up and leave the team willing to give up a first for you for the team that wouldn’t? It could be our Hayward part 2 of a player feeling slighted.
This was such a dumb thought from the beginning. If you can get him for only a 1st then you just do it. Free agency is a crap shoot (or worse) for the jazz. I hope that one day I wont be bitter about the jazz not getting niko (basically the perfect player for this team) when they could.

I think we can still get him. He’s not my first choice. I think AD bolts and if he wants out that’s a crappy situation. He will be spendy though.

I think we can still get him. He’s not my first choice. I think AD bolts and if he wants out that’s a crappy situation. He will be spendy though.
Trying to follow what you’re saying. Are you saying that NOP would be more likely to let him go because AD may leave? I’d view that like the Jazz letting Hill go because his contract would be really bad of Hayward left. Ultimately, they did let him go, but not after they offered him 4/80, or whatever it was.

Trying to follow what you’re saying. Are you saying that NOP would be more likely to let him go because AD may leave? I’d view that like the Jazz letting Hill go because his contract would be really bad of Hayward left. Ultimately, they did let him go, but not after they offered him 4/80, or whatever it was.

AD isn’t a free agent yet but if the tea leaves indicate he will force his way out then I could see Niko choosing us over then if the money is the same. AD is eligible to sign the super duper mega max extension this offseason. If he doesn’t sign it they have to know he’s out and will trade him.

So Niko sees AD is gonna leave and thinks other situations might be more competitive.

I'm going with a NO on terry rozier. Not the player we need.
I'd take Tobias Harris, but at what price?

also, Otto Porter is paid a lot, and I doubt DL wants that contract on the payroll for otto's dookie production.

Mirotic is ok, but he doesn't give us a defensive presence, he's a bit of a defensive liability. Think he could work well here, but again at what price?

i do like spencer dinwiddie but once again, at what price? Many feel he's a prototypical 6th man, do u fork our big $ for a 6th man?

Mirotic is ok, but he doesn't give us a defensive presence, he's a bit of a defensive liability.
Ya, we should just take our pick between lebron, AD, and Durant instead. Since all the free agents want to come to the jazz we shouldnt look at any player with any kind of weakness to his game.

Bradley Beal would be a dream.

We have expirings that could match his salary. What young pieces would they want in addition?

Favors, Exum, Burks?