What's new

Roster Building From Here - FA and Summer of 2023

I agree... there is no plan. Danny is an opportunist and wants to keep options open... but I think if that opportunity arises he is already prepared to dive balls deep into it (basketballs).

I dont think he would bite on those types of guys you mentioned.. Dame is for sure good enough but our window would shrink too much with his age.
I agree I think it would be more like when Haliburton or Sabonis became available.

I agree I think it would be more like when Haliburton or Sabonis became available.
Haliburton is the wet dream. He is exactly what we need for this team. Add him and then draft a combo-wing who can be a secondary play-maker with size at the 2 and we are contenders without a doubt.

Haliburton is the wet dream. He is exactly what we need for this team. Add him and then draft a combo-wing who can be a secondary play-maker with size at the 2 and we are contenders without a doubt.
Just so we are clear... Tyrese won't be available again... I was saying that is the type of deal to go all in on.

Dont tease me with such ideas. You know Im now fine with the tank but that kinda **** will cause a win-now relapse.
For next year I am cool with going in and making offers on guys like OG, Bridges, etc. just make sure they aren't huge overpays. For me the tank year is this season. I don't think I'd manufacture a tank job next year... just these last 25 games if we can.

For next year I am cool with going in and making offers on guys like OG, Bridges, etc. just make sure they aren't huge overpays. For me the tank year is this season. I don't think I'd manufacture a tank job next year... just these last 25 games if we can.
Tbh, even though the West seems tough our team is pretty good as is.. and there is still untapped potential in Kessler, Ochai, Lauri and Sexton.. as none of them are in their prime yet.

Rookies we bring in will initially make us worse (unless its an NBA ready prospect who is immediately a great fit).. but not enough to tank imo.

Tbh, even though the West seems tough our team is pretty good as is.. and there is still untapped potential in Kessler, Ochai, Lauri and Sexton.. as none of them are in their prime yet.

Rookies we bring in will initially make us worse (unless its an NBA ready prospect who is immediately a great fit).. but not enough to tank imo.
It depends on the rookie… I think the mistake of relying on a rookie hits harder when you are a contender drafting at the end of the first round and filling a need. If we bring in day Anthony Black and Taylor Hendricks and they play 20 minutes a night and aren’t asked to do too much they could be fine or slightly positive.

Largely I agree… the long term pieces look too good to allow us to tank. That’s a very good thing. Add a couple long term rotation pieces in FA or a high level starter through trade… mix in the youth… see what you have.

KAT, AD, Embiid, Beal, Dame, Lavine are probably the next round of AS level players moved or that want to be moved... Siakham is another to watch.

Jaylen Brown seems like the best case scenario IMO. Danny Ainge drafted him and he played for coach Hardy so the relationships are there.

He’s ascending (27 ppg as the #2) and he fits on the same timeline as Lauri.

The only way that it can realistically happen though is if he makes an All NBA team because he’ll become super max eligible. If he doesn’t then he’s going to wait to sign a new deal in 2024.

OG is the other guy I’d take a long look at but he might cost a lot and he’s going to be on a one year deal.

Jaylen Brown seems like the best case scenario IMO. Danny Ainge drafted him and he played for coach Hardy so the relationships are there.

He’s ascending (27 ppg as the #2) and he fits on the same timeline as Lauri.

The only way that it can realistically happen though is if he makes an All NBA team because he’ll become super max eligible. If he doesn’t then he’s going to wait to sign a new deal in 2024.

OG is the other guy I’d take a long look at but he might cost a lot and he’s going to be on a one year deal.

I would go all in on jaylen brown

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

You think if he got out of the shadow of Tatum he would become better than he is? I bet he is tired of playing 2nd fiddle as Tatum is the media darling there.
it’s possible, I mean he’s averaging 27 ppg as the #2 option. The Celtics have reportedly made him available twice in KD trade talks and might not want to give him a super max if they come up short again this year.

Someone talk me through how we get Jaylen Brown exactly. Super confused as to the "how?".

Someone talk me through how we get Jaylen Brown exactly. Super confused as to the "how?".
He is big into social justice and equality... now the conventional thinking would be to go somewhere more tolerant... but why not just throw yourself into the fight even harder than Don did... why go somewhere easy? He accepts the challenge like Rocky going to Russia to fight Drago.

Also - its a pipe dream but maybe he loves Ainge and we will have all teh monies for him. I just don't see us having a shot but by all means we should give it a try.

He is big into social justice and equality... now the conventional thinking would be to go somewhere more tolerant... but why not just throw yourself into the fight even harder than Don did... why go somewhere easy? He accepts the challenge like Rocky going to Russia to fight Drago.

Also - its a pipe dream but maybe he loves Ainge and we will have all teh monies for him. I just don't see us having a shot but by all means we should give it a try.
But to be clear, he would need to choose us after being unrestricted in a couple of years, right?

He is coming to contract year, DA drafted him, Celtics have reportedly dangled him in trade talks...

What more do you need?
the challenge is Brown is like the star version of OG. He fits literally everywhere... so he will have his choice of basically any destination (through sign and trade or cap space). We can and should try... but our chance of coming up first are slim to none. We might not even make his list... but again... go ahead and try.