What's new

Royce O'Neale is beasting

jjscap

Dude looks like a seasoned veteran out there, plays both ends and makes good decisions, is not afraid to make plays/take shots.

Now he's delivering with the increased minutes and responsibility.
Had a career night on a crazy B2B in San Antonio in 32 minutes. Made a steal & dunk to seal the win.

He's under contract for 2.5 more years, $3m total.
Looks like an ideal rotation player to me but what's his ceiling?

Jazz have O'Neale, Udoh, Jonas, Thabo and Bradley all under contract next year for less than 16 million COMBINED.

Throw in a Neto or another vet PG on a modest deal and there's a very solid bench right there!

Factor in DM's rookie deal and that leaves a ton of money left over - Jazz just need to go out and get that "one player away guy" (yes easier said than done) and I think you're back at 50+ wins.

Biggest difference between Royce and Hood is passing, Royce does it.

Remind me again why we didn’t parlay Hood into Mirotic?

We have a talented scouting department with a coach on that really really fine puro, coupled with a wise GM

And defense and toughness and athleticism and mental fortitude and...
(In October)Royce O’Neale one of Utah’s new players, had his front tooth knocked out — for the second time — in the second half, but kept on playing.
“He’s a tough kid — he lost one in mini-camp,” said Snyder. “I asked him if he wanted to sub and he said he didn’t want to.”

When asked about his missing front tooth and leaving the game, O’Neale said, “No, I was going to play regardless, It wasn’t bothering me at the time, so I said why not play?”

Royce is our best free agent pick up since Jingles, the organisation should extend him next year at better terms as an act of good faith.
This would be nice. Royce has had some good games and playing minutes that have simply been overshadowed by a rookie who’s dropped 40 twice this season. It’s really strange Royce wasn’t already a rotation player in the NBA. It’s good to see the guy being successful. Hopefully the Jazz treat him right and extend him at some point to keep that number a little lower over a longer period and a show of good faith as you said. That steal last night was the most important play going down the stretch, and Royce is a valuable roll player for any team going forward.

Last edited: