What's new

Royce O'Neale is beasting

Remind me again why we didn’t parlay Hood into Mirotic?

Probably thought they could get a better long term asset? Right now that seems pretty dumb.
Because the price included our 1st. Lindsey played chicken and Chicago swerved into a better deal thanks to the Cousins' injury. Mirotic will be for sale this summer if/when NO signs DMC.

With O'Neale clearly deserving rotation minutes and Exum coming back, the Jazz have wing options. I think DL should consider re-signing Favors - if fences can be mended. Would Derrick want to come back after hearing his name on the trading block for the past few years? But if he doesn't get a great offer, he can be a decent fit now that Quin is playing him ~6 mins in the 1st & 3rd with Rudy and the rest of the time they're usually not on the floor together.

Guess it may depend on the draft. The draft is stocked with bigs early, but late lottery - or 15-18 if Utah makes the playoffs, the BPA might be a wing. Also wouldn't surprise me to see the Jazz trade the rights to the player they draft to whichever team needs to clear cap space to sign the big name FA's (for example, NO, LA, etc.). Utah will be able to take on salaries without having to give any back.

Last edited:
Sef going down really sucked because he was playing at a really high level. Sef was one of our best players this year up until the injury. But it did make a little more room for Royce to get consistent numbers.

Great news is that we have a team option on him for 2 more years after this year for cheap!

(In October)Royce O’Neale one of Utah’s new players, had his front tooth knocked out — for the second time — in the second half, but kept on playing.
“He’s a tough kid — he lost one in mini-camp,” said Snyder. “I asked him if he wanted to sub and he said he didn’t want to.”

When asked about his missing front tooth and leaving the game, O’Neale said, “No, I was going to play regardless, It wasn’t bothering me at the time, so I said why not play?”
Thats funny. Contrast this:
Royce O’Neale said:
I was going to play regardless.
With this:
Carlos Boozer said:
I’m going to get a raise regardless.

I remember wanting to the Jazz to keep him over Bolomboy, but thought it was a close call with Bolomboy's performance in the preseason.

Man was I off on that one.

I was really wondering what we were doing when we signed O'Neal to a multi year contract

I don't know how we were able to project this kind of player The Jazz FO is rearea good

I think Hood has to go now that O'Neale's game is more multi dimensional. And, to be blunt, O'Neale's game can contribute on a more consistent basis due to his defense and I think being more mentally tough. His game is a better fit for Snyder's system.
His game and his personality. Hood is the only soft player on this team (and damn is he soft).