What's new

Royce O'Neale is beasting

No way in hell. They weren't demanding Hood AND our 1st.
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that, although it seemed I did by including the first quote. I meant a trade didn't happen because DL didn't want to give up a first. I'll bet DL's final offer was an expiring (Favs or JJ) and a 2nd. Or perhaps even a highly protected 1st (at least lottery-protected, maybe even to 20).

He was destined for the Jazz, he was wearing 45 in the summer league so DL signed him. I love the guy. I agree he should play over Hood and Burks. He has made both expendable.

The question isn’t will Royce get a max contract, but how many times?

Royce rolls again @NOP.. 6/7 FG, 6 rebounds 3 assists 1TO in 20 minutes.
Not sure if he's more talented than Burks but he's playing much better in Q's system.

Fourteen out of sixteen of the 2-man lineups involving O’Neale have been a net positive, and he’s a +10.9 on court this season. When he sits, that number drops to -1.9, making the Jazz +12.8 points per 100 possessions better with him on the floor. Being able to interchangeably play either wing position allows Quin Snyder to fiddle with various frontlines, making subtle adjustments based on the opposing personal.

1*5S3HCyIUF7CBFiNZoIyiTg.png

FULL ARTICLE

Some guys just have it between the ears which I think is a big reason Royce beat out Bolomboy and is taking AB's minutes.

Royce this season kinda reminds me of Jingles in first year, Royce is obviously more athletic, has a slightly lower BB IQ but competes hard, does the team first things and plays with toughness. Think he will emerge as our first or second guy off the bench in the next couple of years, really rate him.

Royce rolls again @NOP.. 6/7 FG, 6 rebounds 3 assists 1TO in 20 minutes.
Not sure if he's more talented than Burks but he's playing much better in Q's system.
Can’t be overstated. Royce fits what Quin wants to do exactly. I love Burks, but I don’t see a future for him in Utah. Hope there’s a trade somewhere that is good for both sides.