What's new

Rudy Gobert sucks at basketball

Great collection.... Must have taken alot of time to compile all that info for our members.
Gobert appreciates your support
Just watch your insults is all I'm saying. You have strong emotions against Gobert but don't insult others who have a right to share their opinion about him.

Just watch your insults is all I'm saying. You have strong emotions against Gobert but don't insult others who have a right to share their opinion about him.
Facts are not insults. As is your love for Gobert. People outside of Utah hate the guy and some on here do too. You can't stop the posts or hate. But don't talk about someone's gf or family that's what made you offensive. My comment was about Gobert not you or your family. You made a comment about my gf and you posted something that you took sadly time to dig up that I posted prior. You have a tendency of doing that. You insult someone on here and hide behind a keyboard and a user name. You do it in public and you would be corrected. Just don't cross that boundary for a basketball player and your feelings for him!

Facts are not insults.
What? A fact can definitely be an insult.

As is your love for Gobert. People outside of Utah hate the guy and some on here do too. You can't stop the posts or hate. But don't talk about someone's gf or family that's what made you offensive. My comment was about Gobert not you or your family. You made a comment about my gf and you posted something that you took sadly time to dig up that I posted prior. You have a tendency of doing that. You insult someone on here and hide behind a keyboard and a user name. You do it in public and you would be corrected. Just don't cross that boundary for a basketball player and your feelings for him!
Relax brother. I just think it's funny how much you post about Gobert.

Facts are not insults. As is your love for Gobert. People outside of Utah hate the guy and some on here do too. You can't stop the posts or hate. But don't talk about someone's gf or family that's what made you offensive. My comment was about Gobert not you or your family. You made a comment about my gf and you posted something that you took sadly time to dig up that I posted prior. You have a tendency of doing that. You insult someone on here and hide behind a keyboard and a user name. You do it in public and you would be corrected. Just don't cross that boundary for a basketball player and your feelings for him!
Are you fur real Mr. Klawzz?

What? A fact can definitely be an insult.

Relax brother. I just think it's funny how much you post about Gobert.
If you got something to say to me, say it don't insult someone who is innocent that's cowardly. Don't dodge the fact that you insulted my gf.but yeah there are others that post more hate about Gobert than me sorry to say. I think he is a scrub though

If you got something to say to me, say it don't insult someone who is innocent that's cowardly. Don't dodge the fact that you insulted my gf.but yeah there are others that post more hate about Gobert than me sorry to say. I think he is a scrub though

You insulted my boyfriend. Mods may have something to say about this.

I don't know how to break this to you, but that wasn't an insult to your girlfriend. In the least.

Shawn Bradley was 235 lbs vs. Rudy at 258 lbs. Rik Smits was 7’4” and 250 lbs. Brad Daugherty was 7’0” and 245 lbs. Even Mutombo was 7’2” and 245, being both taller and lighter than Rudy. There are many arguments to make against Rudy, both offensively and generally, but this one really doesn’t hold up, even when generously applying any kind of correction formula.

Are you comparing Gobert to Smits and Daugherty? Both those guys had legitimate post games and great touch, Rudy, has terrible hands and his footwork in the post looks like a Giraffe having an epileptic fit. I doubt he could hit a 10 foot jumper from the baseline consistently.

Are you comparing Gobert to Smits and Daugherty? Both those guys had legitimate post games and great touch, Rudy, has terrible hands and his footwork in the post looks like a Giraffe having an epileptic fit. I doubt he could hit a 10 foot jumper from the baseline consistently.
No, the argument was that Rudy couldn’t hit double digits because he’s too skinny and clumsy. All those other guys had lower BMIs and dropped double digits. Of course they’re different and of course there may have been a different strength and style of the bigs then that he would have gone up against, but that’s not taking away a third of his offensive game. If Shawn Bradley could drop double figures, Rudy would drop double figures. If Mutombo dropped double figures, Rudy is most definitely still dropping double figures.

There really isn’t any data that can be pointed to that would suggest Rudy wouldn’t drop double figures in a career spanning Mutombo’s years. Sure, you can discount what he does now and say it doesn’t exactly translate, but to argue that he’d lose more than a third of his offensive capacity now to fit into that era (to not hit double figures)can’t be supported with even the most generous of assumptions of statistical correction.

If this were the case, what do you see Mutombo’s 11.5 points per 36 translating to in today’s game? How about Shawn Bradley, how much does he score in today’s NBA? These last two are genuine questions, because if Mutombo isn’t jumping from 11.5 to 17 points per 36, then there isn’t enough inflationary measure to say Rudy wouldn’t be averaging double doubles.

Is Rudy offensively in the 90s worse than Shawn Bradley offensively in the 90s? That’s a very generous comp to demonstrate this theory and it falls apart when you see that Bradley was hitting double figures in the 90s by comfortable enough margins.

Unless the argument is to say that the comp is Manute Bol.

FFS Greg Ostertag’s first two years in the league he was averaging 11.3 and 11.1 points per 36 minutes. We could talk about his hands and footwork and the fact that, aside from a half court heave at the end of a quarter that banked off the glass, he never hit a shot outside of two feet in his career, if even that far out.

You calling Rudy a scrub when he can't hear you is not cowardly though..

You calling Rudy a scrub when he can't hear you is not cowardly though..
The truth of the matter is ...yes he can't hear me say he is a scrub but he has heard it in person from Ainge and his other teammates and will be hearing it more from the Timberwolves organization.

He used sarcasm to illustrate how much you hate Rudy I don’t see that as an insult. If he had done the dirty with your sister you’d probably hate the stuffing out of Rudy, right. That’s no insult

He used sarcasm to illustrate how much you hate Rudy I don’t see that as an insult. If he had done the dirty with your sister you’d probably hate the stuffing out of Rudy, right. That’s no insult
No, duh. Anyone would be proud to be the uncle or aunt of Rudy's kids.