What's new

Saturday Thunder VS Bobcats 7 PM ET ---- Enes Kanter Night

Kanter was +8 in this game, which was the best +\- for all OKC starters.

Kanter played 11 minutes the first half and Hornets scored 60 points. Enes played 23 minutes the second half and Hornets scored 43... I was hoping for AL beating the **** out of this traitor and was really optimistic after the first half. In the second half Kanter shut down the best offensive player in this league... :(

I felt like watching a Star Wars Movie last night... It was like Yoda vs Count or Anakin backstabbing Master Windu after he beat the emperor... :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXjT6Dg4E68

Kanter was +8 in this game, which was the best +\- for all OKC starters.

Nice of you to pop in and throw plus minus around when it suits whatever agenda you have left. You have bashed plus minus relentlessly when it worked against Kanter. Time for you and diamond, two of the worst "Jazz fans" on this board,to move to the OKC boards.

Nice of you to pop in and throw plus minus around when it suits whatever agenda you have left. You have bashed plus minus relentlessly when it worked against Kanter. Time for you and diamond, two of the worst "Jazz fans" on this board,to move to the OKC boards.

When did I bash +/- relentlessly? It's a stat that has a lot of variables to it that people often overlook, but it isn't worthless. Anyways, I don't have any agendas, and I was born a Jazz fan in 1985, and plan to stay one until I die.

I am still a Kanter fan, just like I'm still a Wes Mathews, Millsap, Korver, Demarre, D-Will, even Al Jefferson fan, etc. I don't think I am unique in that regard.

Kanter was +36 +/- tonight, and went for 20 pts, 12 rebs, 3 ast, and a stl. He would've played longer, but the chemistry with Westbrook, Kanter, Ibaka, and the rest of them was geling so much that they were embarassing the nugs, so all three of the aforementioned caught rest halfway through the third. Kind of awesome to see Enes with a good PG. So far, his defense hasn't been an issue, and he's been making good passes. 5 ast in past two games. Kind of makes you wonder how much of his deficiencies were blown out of proportion because of surrounding cast. OKC actually plays perimeter defense.

Nah, I think Kanter just played the Bobcats then Nuggets.

True, kind of. Did you watch?

Did you see his Kevin Love-esque outlet pass? He is playing free right now, and that is the biggest difference. Lucky for him, the Thunder don't really have a system, so when the honeymoon ends and he has to learn their "system," the learning curve shouldn't be too intense.

Did you see his Kevin Love-esque outlet pass? He is playing free right now, and that is the biggest difference. Lucky for him, the Thunder don't really have a system, so when the honeymoon ends and he has to learn their "system," the learning curve shouldn't be too intense.

Glad you brought up Love, because when KD comes back, Enes will be in a similar situation as Love Cleveland. If he was bitching about starting and averaging 27 minutes a game, I can't imagine Enes will be too happy to be relegated to being a role player.

Glad you brought up Love, because when KD comes back, Enes will be in a similar situation as Love Cleveland. If he was bitching about starting and averaging 27 minutes a game, I can't imagine Enes will be too happy to be relegated to being a role player.

I feel like I am becoming a parrot so sorry for the disturbance, but I don't think minutes were the main reason he wanted out.

I believe you're onto something important in there. We always see basketball IQ as an important necessity to play the game with a system. Enes always failed to keep up with his team in Utah in his team's respective system. For system players, Utah is a perfect place. Snyder is a good coach that will get better with character. I think he can become Utah Jazz' next soul-mate after Jerry.

But for Enes, as I saw him play in OKC for two games, I know it was nothing to drag a point out of, but, as I saw him play, and his teammates play, I said to myself, "Man what an ugly basketball. No system. Just take the ball up the court as fast as you can and score." Then I realized that nearly all of the players are watching each other's game and adjusting to it in the game. Listen to this, DURING THE GAME. This takes a lot more basketball IQ than receiving your briefing from your coach, train on it and try to apply on court. I'm not saying Enes is the example for that kind of momentarily BBIQ, but as much as he struggled in set plays in Utah, struggled to read the game, maybe, just maybe, he is in the right place to learn how to read the game. That's how I felt as I watched his first two.

On the other side of the Moon, we can say that these are the times for Enes of high morale boost since he got more than he wanted and currently playing enough minutes to show his upsides since Adams and Durant are out, and he is obviously trying to fit in, so there can be ups and downs in his contribution, while I can say that, I assume this inconsistency will be a lot less than he had in Utah.

I believe you're onto something important in there. We always see basketball IQ as an important necessity to play the game with a system. Enes always failed to keep up with his team in Utah in his team's respective system. For system players, Utah is a perfect place. Snyder is a good coach that will get better with character. I think he can become Utah Jazz' next soul-mate after Jerry.

But for Enes, as I saw him play in OKC for two games, I know it was nothing to drag a point out of, but, as I saw him play, and his teammates play, I said to myself, "Man what an ugly basketball. No system. Just take the ball up the court as fast as you can and score." Then I realized that nearly all of the players are watching each other's game and adjusting to it in the game. Listen to this, DURING THE GAME. This takes a lot more basketball IQ than receiving your briefing from your coach, train on it and try to apply on court. I'm not saying Enes is the example for that kind of momentarily BBIQ, but as much as he struggled in set plays in Utah, struggled to read the game, maybe, just maybe, he is in the right place to learn how to read the game. That's how I felt as I watched his first two.

On the other side of the Moon, we can say that these are the times for Enes of high morale boost since he got more than he wanted and currently playing enough minutes to show his upsides since Adams and Durant are out, and he is obviously trying to fit in, so there can be ups and downs in his contribution, while I can say that, I assume this inconsistency will be a lot less than he had in Utah.

I agree that it wasn't just minutes, but his role. He wants the chance to put up big numbers so he can sign a big contract. With KD and Westbrook on the team, I really doubt he'll be happy with his role, but I guess we'll see.

I agree that it wasn't just minutes, but his role. He wants the chance to put up big numbers so he can sign a big contract. With KD and Westbrook on the team, I really doubt he'll be happy with his role, but I guess we'll see.

As far as I know as long as I followed him, he puts winning over stats. He did gave the me first looks with his game, but maybe it was because he was frustrated with Gordon and Trey not trusting him since he always turned the ball over or get blocked when these two played with him. I mean he can't be that dumb to want to ball as much with KD and Russ together on the court. These two games, he was back to his garbage work. Like the Enes we knew in the rookie season. All He had 3 + 2 assists last two games, but believe me he multiplied that number with the screens he set for guards especially Russ which led to many points. It's unbelievable and also prideful to see him able to play winning basketball after all. Wish it was for the Jazz, but things didn't work out. Gotta move on.

As far as I know as long as I followed him, he puts winning over stats. He did gave the me first looks with his game, but maybe it was because he was frustrated with Gordon and Trey not trusting him since he always turned the ball over or get blocked when these two played with him. I mean he can't be that dumb to want to ball as much with KD and Russ together on the court. These two games, he was back to his garbage work. Like the Enes we knew in the rookie season. All He had 3 + 2 assists last two games, but believe me he multiplied that number with the screens he set for guards especially Russ which led to many points. It's unbelievable and also prideful to see him able to play winning basketball after all. Wish it was for the Jazz, but things didn't work out. Gotta move on.

Yeah, I can buy that as a possibility. Maybe he just didn't feel accepted by his teammates, in which case I guess I can't blame him for wanting to be traded. I've suspected that there may be some resentment among his teammates, due to taking minutes from Rudy.

Yeah, I can buy that as a possibility. Maybe he just didn't feel accepted by his teammates, in which case I guess I can't blame him for wanting to be traded. I've suspected that there may be some resentment among his teammates, due to taking minutes from Rudy.

Every time I watched a jazzgame with opponents broadcaster, they always was shocked about Kanter not getting the ball in the post enough. He had missmatches all night long, but Trey and Hayward always managed to chuck a jumper. Playing with Gobert means that you have a guy who is just playing defense and you don´t need to sheer the ball with him on offense...
Favors is also getting ignored a lot, he is not a great offensive force, but a Favors offense is most of the time more efficient than anything else we could do.

The team is set up for Hayward and Trey to produce all-star numbers. Burke failed badly and Hayward is filling into it now, after he sucked last year almost as bad as trey did. After Kanter is gone, they have to produce even better numbers...