What's new

Saturday Thunder VS Bobcats 7 PM ET ---- Enes Kanter Night

Doubtful. There's plenty of sexism (too much) on this forum, there's even some generally antagonistic posts against religion on occasion. But I've not seen much in the way of Islam basking in particular. There's been a little talk about the particular sect he's apparently connected with, but I don't know much about it. I really regret losing Kanter. I wish he was more of a team guy than he is. I wish he didn't languish under terrible coach Corbin for several seasons. I think he'll be a good player in this league wherever he ends up.Sent from the JazzFanz app

I admit I made an unpopular statement....but all this hate for Kanter is unaccountable.

I admit I made an unpopular statement....but all this hate for Kanter is unaccountable.

I don't hate Kanter. I hope he does well in OKC.

I just get annoyed by Kanter homers relentlessly attacking the Jazz and Jazz fans on a Jazz message board.

Quite frankly, the only religious themed hate I've seen against Kanter has come from the Turkish posters (most of whom were giant Kanter fans) who were accusing him of being a brainwashed member of the Gulen Movement - or, as they called it, 'cult.'

Quite frankly, the only religious themed hate I've seen against Kanter has come from the Turkish posters (most of whom were giant Kanter fans) who were accusing him of being a brainwashed member of the Gulen Movement - or, as they called it, 'cult.'

Yep. And those who were offended because he blew off the National Team.
Kanter had a nice night. Pretty much what he contributed for Utah: a double-double and good offensive rebounding. It's just not worth $15M for what he brings.

So you default by claiming religious bigotry? As unfounded as your claim is it says more about you than anyone else.

No for the Kanter hate which I agree has been overly dramatic. He voiced public displeasure with being a Jazzman and a clear desire to no longer be a part of our favorite team. Of course he will receive some grief and "hate". Add in a mix of trolling, dramatic acting and a small span of time between comment and trade rumors and I think the level of hate is understandable Even if it is over stated.

Quite frankly, the only religious themed hate I've seen against Kanter has come from the Turkish posters who were accusing him of being a brainwashed member of the Gulen Movement - or, as they called it, 'cult.'

Yep most Jazz fans have no idea what the Gulen Movement is nor do they care. No one accused Jazz fanz of being anti-muslim when they supported the FO letting Paul (All-Star) Milsap and Big Al walk in order to rebuild around Kanter and Favors. The fact that this guy has the balls to say that he wasn't given an opportunity here is Bull ****. Diamond 77 trying to make this about religion is also Bull ****.

Yep most Jazz fans have no idea what the Gulen Movement is nor do they care. No one accused Jazz fanz of being anti-muslim when they supported the FO letting Paul (All-Star) Milsap and Big Al walk in order to rebuild around Kanter and Favors. The fact that this guy has the balls to say that he wasn't given an opportunity here is Bull ****. Diamond 77 trying to make this about religion is also Bull ****.

And the only other thing I'll note is that the vast majority of posters on this forum (outside his die-hard Turkish fans) have wanted a Kanter trade for most of the season, especially after seeing Gobert play out of his mind in summer league and the pre-season, and then again when Kanter went out for a few games. This isn't irrational hate towards him because he got traded.

There's people here that are upset we didn't get more (and we would have if Kanter was as good as he thinks he is) but nearly everyone is happy that he's gone.

Do any Turks here support the Gulen movement? Personally I view Fethullah Gülen as a role model. He emphasizes interfaith dialogue, science, math, engineering, academia etc. He opens these charter schools that run purely on tax payer money that public schools run on and are able to give some of the highest ranked charter schools on the globe without using any additional finances. He does this on many continents and has many across the USA. He only opened his charter schools in USA in 2000 and already has 42 of them and most of them rank highest in the world. Many of them are in the top 50. He also opens in poorer places such as Malaysia, Africa etc.

And the only other thing I'll note is that the vast majority of posters on this forum (outside his die-hard Turkish fans) have wanted a Kanter trade for most of the season, especially after seeing Gobert play out of his mind in summer league and the pre-season, and then again when Kanter went out for a few games. This isn't irrational hate towards him because he got traded.

There's people here that are upset we didn't get more (and we would have if Kanter was as good as he thinks he is) but nearly everyone is happy that he's gone.

I'll go on record as saying that I did not want a trade for Kanter until the very end when he made his comment. I had, and continue to have, high hope for Kanter and his overall game.

But I am glad he is gone as its best for the Jazz. It's also nice that, so far, it seems to be working for him as well.

I'll go on record as saying that I did not want a trade for Kanter until the very end when he made his comment. I had, and continue to have, high hope for Kanter and his overall game.

But I am glad he is gone as its best for the Jazz. It's also nice that, so far, it seems to be working for him as well.
Same for me. I was hoping for a Favors/Kanter/Gobert rotation for the next 10 years. However, after Rudy exploded, I knew trouble was brewing, We had three guys wanting to start and no one was willing to be our Manu Ginobili. Like Lindsey said, Favors establishing himself as a PF and Gobert's rapid development really forced things along. I though the BEST we could have hoped for this season out of Rudy was 15 mins/per for all 82 games after having a lot of DNP's last year.

Do any Turks here support the Gulen movement? Personally I view Fethullah Gülen as a role model. He emphasizes interfaith dialogue, science, math, engineering, academia etc. He opens these charter schools that run purely on tax payer money that public schools run on and are able to give some of the highest ranked charter schools on the globe without using any additional finances. He does this on many continents and has many across the USA. He only opened his charter schools in USA in 2000 and already has 42 of them and most of them rank highest in the world. Many of them are in the top 50. He also opens in poorer places such as Malaysia, Africa etc.

I work in education and have a really positive view of the charter schools as well. Don't know much about the Gulen movement, but it's clearly a hot topic in Turkey - strong supporters and strong critics.

Side note: not all charter schools are great (it isn't a panacea for education in this country), but nearly every transformational school (schools that take students who are living in deep poverty and putting them on a path of achievement that mirrors high income students) are all charters.*

*Primarily, because they aren't tied down by the teacher unions that almost always advocate for the interests of adults over the interests of kids.

This trade might look good now for OKC, but when they have to pay Kanter $15m and go into luxury tax it'll really bite them in the *** let me tell you.

Meanwhile we can go out and get a nice & juicy FA plus we'll get their pick in 2018 as well.

Yep. And those who were offended because he blew off the National Team.
Kanter had a nice night. Pretty much what he contributed for Utah: a double-double and good offensive rebounding. It's just not worth $15M for what he brings.

Who ever said we or anyone else is going to pay him $15 million?

Same for me. I was hoping for a Favors/Kanter/Gobert rotation for the next 10 years. However, after Rudy exploded, I knew trouble was brewing, We had three guys wanting to start and no one was willing to be our Manu Ginobili. Like Lindsey said, Favors establishing himself as a PF and Gobert's rapid development really forced things along. I though the BEST we could have hoped for this season out of Rudy was 15 mins/per for all 82 games after having a lot of DNP's last year.

Wow really?

There is something about Kanter that never sat right with me. He just doesn't strike me as a smart/gritty player that's part of a Championship team.

Long story my friend. What you told appears to be just the package of the chips.

Not many favor them and they have been fighting with the government for a while now.