What's new

Saturday Thunder VS Bobcats 7 PM ET ---- Enes Kanter Night

Despite the blind hate spewed at Kanter for requesting a trade he very good and getting better. Nobody will ever convince me this was a good trade or that we got fair value. It was pennies on the dollar. We should have got more.

But Kanter is gone and I fully support the Jazz going forward. The Portland game was fun to watch.

I already wrote it a couple of days ago...I suspect that Kanter's hate his related to his religion and not only to basketball.

This trade will be very hard to digest.

OKC THUNDER ‏@okcthunder 9 Min.Vor 9 Minuten
.@BudLight Photo of the Night. Enes Kanter protects the paint. "It was unbelievable. I'm really happy to be here."

B-aoQHUCEAAOxPS.jpg:large

I could cry after taking a close look into this Pick... Master against Padawan... :(

I hope you are not trying to put gas on the fire just to wrangle.

Anyway I never thought it.

If I was trying to put gas on the fire "just to wrangle", I'd make a post more like this:

I already wrote it a couple of days ago...I suspect that Kanter's hate his related to his religion and not only to basketball.

OKC THUNDER ‏@okcthunder 9 Min.Vor 9 Minuten
.@BudLight Photo of the Night. Enes Kanter protects the paint. "It was unbelievable. I'm really happy to be here."

B-aoQHUCEAAOxPS.jpg:large

I could cry after taking a close look into this Pick... Master against Padawan... :(
Lol ur teh best

No my friend, no one hates him because of his religion. We really have great guys on this site. They had high expectations and just got little value. But, they should not blame Enes for demanding a trade, dude just wants to make business. He always was on a difficult situation and was handled horribly his first 3 years.

Despite the blind hate spewed at Kanter for requesting a trade he very good and getting better. Nobody will ever convince me this was a good trade or that we got fair value. It was pennies on the dollar. We should have got more.

But Kanter is gone and I fully support the Jazz going forward. The Portland game was fun to watch.

The Jazz tried to play hardball but after Kanters comments they lost most of their leverage. I think the blowing a kiss thing blew it up a bit more. Was it a good trade? No. Did DL have a choice? Not really. The other 2 options were match a big contract for a guy that could become a locker room problem or let him walk for nothing.

Trading out Kanter is more about the opportunity cost of keeping Kanter on a big contract than anything else. Kanter is a good player, but Kanter at $12M+/year isn't a good deal for the Jazz. The big question is what happens with the roster and cap space this deal gives the Jazz.

Having said that, Kanter isn't going to get as many touches with the Thunder when he's surrounded by Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka and this Waiters characters who chucks.

Kanter got 9 shots with both Durant and Adams out of the line-up. He might have nights where he gets 5 shots or fewer.

Trading out Kanter is more about the opportunity cost of keeping Kanter on a big contract than anything else. Kanter is a good player, but Kanter at $12M+/year isn't a good deal for the Jazz. The big question is what happens with the roster and cap space this deal gives the Jazz.

Having said that, Kanter isn't going to get as many touches with the Thunder when he's surrounded by Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka and this Waiters characters who chucks.

If he plays a lot with Westbrook, though, he's going to get a lot of dumpoffs under the basket and chances for offensive rebounds off Westbrook misses. Dude is relentless attacking the rim.

He played well today. If he is cool with being a somewhat limited player (matchup dependent) I think he can be really good in that role. If he wants to be a star, I think he'll be disappointed.

I hope it works out well for him in OKC, he's not a bad guy but Utah wasn't a good fit for him. No way could we have paid him 12+ mill, Favors 12+ mill, and Gobert likely at least that much.

With the cap jumping 25 million in the next two years, 12 million would have been doable if Kanter would have accepted his role. We'll have to wait and see what he ends up signing for, but I'm guessing that Kanter at 12 million would still be a nice asset with a 90 million cap.

Complete BS. There has been virtually no talk about his religion except by his fans from Turkey. People here don't give a ****. He is hated because he opened his big fat mouth and hurt the Jazz. Nothing more.

I want to see Scott Brooks's head explode after his first illegal screen or travel call. Or KD begging for the ball at the 3point line while Kanter do his thing in the post

Thing is, I could see Enes actually passing more for OKC. He looks up to several of them whereas it didn't seem like he looked up to any of the Jazz fellows.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Doubtful. There's plenty of sexism (too much) on this forum, there's even some generally antagonistic posts against religion on occasion. But I've not seen much in the way of Islam bashing in particular. There's been a little talk about the particular sect he's apparently connected with, but I don't know much about it. I really regret losing Kanter. I wish he was more of a team guy than he is. I wish he didn't languish under terrible coach Corbin for several seasons. I think he'll be a good player in this league wherever he ends up.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Last edited:

Kanter got 9 shots with both Durant and Adams out of the line-up. He might have nights where he gets 5 shots or fewer.

Exactly. Lindsey said, "you can't pay everyone $10M." And Kanter wanted $15M. If a team really wants him this summer, they'll have to give him close to that. If he doesn't get it, he just signs for the QO. There's virtually no chance for a S&T. Kanter is not going to accept a cheap offer and any team that is stupid enough to give him $15M KNOWS Utah isn't going to match. As for waiting another year, he'd likely fetch even less for just a 1/2 yr rental. And we don't want him taking up playing time that can be given to whomever we view as the eventual 3rd big, whether that's Booker, a draft pick or a free agent.

And as you mentioned, 2015 is a good time to go after a top free agent. Not every team will have a ton of cap space available. EVERY team will in 2016. Better to have that flexibility now instead of when the market is hyper-inflated in 2016. That's the summer to take a vacation and let everyone else overspend.

So far looks like this trade has benefited both teams play. Kanter had a good night, good for him. Gober showed the hell up on D and the Jazz ran Portland out of the building.

Every one wins.