What's new

Say Goodbye to Victor Wem if we continue to play this good.

I think the best comp for Victor is some mixture of Giannis, Gobert, and Durant. At least his upside. Those guys have similar length and skill set and have stayed relatively healthy especially early in their careers. Durant is 7' tall and can dribble. Not sure why someone slightly taller with longer arms could not.

But I think even if Jazz win 0 games the rest of the season they have no chance at getting him.

I think the best comp for Victor is some mixture of Giannis, Gobert, and Durant. At least his upside. Those guys have similar length and skill set and have stayed relatively healthy especially early in their careers. Durant is 7' tall and can dribble. Not sure why someone slightly taller with longer arms could not.

But I think even if Jazz win 0 games the rest of the season they have no chance at getting him.
Why’s that?

I mean, it all depends on who is guarding him. Of course if he is being guarded by someone like Jrue Holiday, you probably dont want him pulling off dribble combo moves. If he's being guarded by that kind of player though just put him in the post or mid-post and let him go to his post game or you put him in PNR and dump lobs to him. He's infinitely versatile.

The jump shot is beautiful, the rim protection is elite, the handle is immaculate, the athleticism is out of this world, by all accounts he's an insane worker and highly intelligent. He's got 0% chance at failing as a prospect outside of health. The nitpicking of his game is just silly.

538 now projects the Jazz to get 42 wins and be the 9th seed. That's kind of the worst spot we could possibly be in. We would either lose the play in and not even make the playoffs or make it and get swept in the first round, and we would be looking at what like a 12-14 pick. Danny needs to intervene so that we can get some top end talent on this roster.

538 now projects the Jazz to get 42 wins and be the 9th seed. That's kind of the worst spot we could possibly be in. We would either lose the play in and not even make the playoffs or make it and get swept in the first round, and we would be looking at what like a 12-14 pick. Danny needs to intervene so that we can get some top end talent on this roster.
Let's see how this next stretch goes before we panic. We were just in a battle with an injured Rockets team at home. Spurs/Thunder are winning games they shouldn't. I think we are in a fine spot. Obviously it would be better to be losing overall, but I dont think the Jazz have played themselves out of Victor yet, but they probably have played themselves out of a bottom 3 seeding. Could still get into the 4-6 range.

they are not winning that many games even if they do not have a firesale at the trade deadline imo. they will be a fringe play in team at best down the stretch and I think they will be trading one of not all 3 vets. However, there is a slim slim chance Ainge is a buyer not a seller and if that happens;
This team could win that many and be a middle of the playoff pack roster this season if he is. Unlikely I know. I might buy low on a few younger core potential bigs though that have shown flashes of shooting the 3.
If they could get Jalen Smith off Indiana for NAW and one of those pick swaps from the Cavs that wont be any good probably, or some other small upgrade move like adding Kai Jones from Charlotte ( just drafted Williams same position) for Bolmaro and a pick swap.

Shocked people still believe this after the league let Zion go to NOLA over NYC
NBA does not like Dolan and knows what a disaster that team is. Plus new Orleans lost AD asking out, they facilitated getting him to LA the preferred market. Similar to LeBron leaving for Miami and guess who gets the #1 pick Cleveland. Pick

I don't actually believe they rig it. But there are a lot of coincidences and it's not exactly transparent. Plus it hasn't really turned out well for Utah. Like the only #1 pick we got the NBA actually took away from us and gave away for us signing a FA.

NBA does not like Dolan and knows what a disaster that team is. Plus new Orleans lost AD asking out, they facilitated getting him to LA the preferred market. Similar to LeBron leaving for Miami and guess who gets the #1 pick Cleveland. Pick

I don't actually believe they rig it. But there are a lot of coincidences and it's not exactly transparent. Plus it hasn't really turned out well for Utah. Like the only #1 pick we got the NBA actually took away from us and gave away for us signing a FA.
They took away 3 picks. . .

To be fair, I think that's how free agency should still work. Pick compensation based on the caliber of the player signed.

To be fair, I think that's how free agency should still work. Pick compensation based on the caliber of the player signed.
Nah, it was terrible then and would be even worse now. Players should be able to pick where they play after the contact they and the team decided on.