What's new

Sefolosha suspended for 5 games

You're lucky none of your sports are signatories to WADA.

WADA are a joke, FIFA told them to F off, the AFL getting involved with them was so stupid, a sport played in one country where the league has total control over everything and they sign their doping rules over to an external body.

Probably not marijuana.

Apparently a player is subjected to a 5 game ban for pot after their third infraction.

Would The Jazz even have signed him if he already had strike one and two?

WADA are a joke, FIFA told them to F off, the AFL getting involved with them was so stupid, a sport played in one country where the league has total control over everything and they sign their doping rules over to an external body.

Agreed.

It would have been so easy to get out of that Essendon debacle. Tell WADA to jam it and run their own anti-doping policy.

So if he smoked pot while in Denver does that mean NBA laws are above state laws? What will happen when it will be legal in all USA?

I interviewed for a job in Oregon last fall. Even though weed is legal in the state, the employer still drug tested for it, and would terminate you if you tested positive for it. I thought that was a bit harsh. I can understand if you were caught at work in the act, but after hours, and it being legal, what is the difference between having a beer/alcohol or consuming marijuana? Needless to say I won’t have to worry about it as I turned down the job offer.

I have wondered though what the policy is for athletes living in marijuana legal states?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I interviewed for a job in Oregon last fall. Even though weed is legal in the state, the employer still drug tested for it, and would terminate you if you tested positive for it. I thought that was a bit harsh. I can understand if you were caught at work in the act, but after hours, and it being legal, what is the difference between having a beer/alcohol or consuming marijuana? Needless to say I won’t have to worry about it as I turned down the job offer.

I have wondered though what the policy is for athletes living in marijuana legal states?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have to conform to the leagues anti-doping policy.

If they say you cant eat red Skittles, you cant eat red skittles.

Agreed.

It would have been so easy to get out of that Essendon debacle. Tell WADA to jam it and run their own anti-doping policy.

They did but to get 3.5 million off the government they had to sign on, as far as i understand the rules essendon should have been suspended for 2 years not the players. How would that go down for their TV rights?

They reckon this ball tampering caper has cost cricket australia 300 million on their next tv deal.

They did but to get 3.5 million off the government they had to sign on, as far as i understand the rules essendon should have been suspended for 2 years not the players. How would that go down for their TV rights?

They reckon this ball tampering caper has cost cricket australia 300 million on their next tv deal.

Nah, its the players who should have been and were suspended.

Its on them to ensure everything that enters their body is approved by WADA.

Anyone else recall reading a story about Stephen Jackson reporting how the NBA drug testing was a joke? Jackson claimed the players knew when the tests were coming, and the testing was over before the season ends, so he claims he played high for the last few weeks of the season and into the playoffs.

I miss Thabo, he is fun to watch and easy to route for. The Jazz would be amazing with him right now.

Last edited:
Nah, its the players who should have been and were suspended.

Its on them to ensure everything that enters their body is approved by WADA.

Wrong. In the case of systemic doping 3 or 4 players on same team or organisation the organisation is supposed to be penalised. Thats what the AFL were **** scared of, would have screwed out of hundreds of millions of dollars on their tv deals

You have to conform to the leagues anti-doping policy.

If they say you cant eat red Skittles, you cant eat red skittles.
i dont think anyone is trying to say that mj isn't against the rules. We all understand that it is against the rule. I think some people just think its a stupid rule and we sharing our opinion about that.

Wrong. In the case of systemic doping 3 or 4 players on same team or organisation the organisation is supposed to be penalised. Thats what the AFL were **** scared of, would have screwed out of hundreds of millions of dollars on their tv deals

Id need to check the organisation angle but it was out of the AFLs hands once it reached WADA. Players were definitely liable though.

So if he smoked pot while in Denver does that mean NBA laws are above state laws? What will happen when it will be legal in all USA?
You realize in the states where marijuana has been legalized employers can and do still test for it and deny employment and/or fire people for testing positive?

i dont think anyone is trying to say that mj isn't against the rules. We all understand that it is against the rule. I think some people just think its a stupid rule and we sharing our opinion about that.

People were asking questions...

You dont put question marks on statements.