What's new

Sefolosha suspended for 5 games

I don't know if national legalization would change employment MJ screening. I think some places would drop it, but many would keep it. Drug screening is driven in large part by workers' comp and liability insurance. They get to deny coverage if the person tests positive and I'm sure MJ is far and away the primary drug they find due to its long dwell time in fatty tissue. I bet it saves them a ton in what are completely legitimate workplace injuries that have nothing to do with drug use.

Id need to check the organisation angle but it was out of the AFLs hands once it reached WADA. Players were definitely liable though.

Rule designed with the chinese swim team and the east germans in mind. Its all nonsense anyway the Russian shouldnt have been at this winter games or the next summer but i bet you they have dirt on 95 percent of the IOC members.

Agree if during work. Not their business if after hours.
Agree or not that's how it works. They don't care when you smoked MJ, if you pop-positive you're fired. I've never heard of any leniency at all in that regard. Most employers with a drug policy are zero-tolerance. Regardless of state-level legalization.

Reactions: MVP
I've worked for employers that are tobacco free and you can be let go for it. From one perspective they argue the cost of providing insurance. In any case, I lean more libertarian on issues that employers can require whatever silliness they want, and it's up to individuals to choose whether they want to work there or not.

In any case, I lean more libertarian on issues that employers can require whatever silliness they want, and it's up to individuals to choose whether they want to work there or not.

Generally I agree with you. Especially about dress code. So much fuss and leftist political correctness about somebody not hiring or letting somebody go because of dress code. If I am a business owner and have no headwear policy at my work place ( be it safety, sterility or whatever reasons) who can tell me that I must let person work with turban or hijab to accommodate their religious beliefs? I should have right to hire whom I want and nobody should scream religious discrimination because of that.

How do you determine if it was consumed at work or after hours when someone fails a drug test?

How do you determine if it was consumed at work or after hours when someone fails a drug test?
The same way everyone makes a judgment on why someone died after a toxicology report... "he had ___ in his system."

Generally I agree with you. Especially about dress code. So much fuss and leftist political correctness about somebody not hiring or letting somebody go because of dress code. If I am a business owner and have no headwear policy at my work place ( be it safety, sterility or whatever reasons) who can tell me that I must let person work with turban or hijab to accommodate their religious beliefs? I should have right to hire whom I want and nobody should scream religious discrimination because of that.
What if you decide you don't want to hire black people? Would that be okay?

The same way everyone makes a judgment on why someone died after a toxicology report... "he had ___ in his system."
As far as I know there are test that determine if marijuana is in your system but not how much is in your system or for how long its been there.

So if you smoke weed today and then get tested at your job tomorrow, while sober, you would fail and get fired.
Where with alcohol if you drink it today and then get tested tomorrow, while sober, you would pass and keep your job.
no way to determine if you were under the influence of marijuana at work or not when the test took place. At least not to my knowledge anyway.

So to answer my question, it cant be determined. Only assumed based on a judgment call.

hqdefault.jpg
Boo this man!!!

I don't know if national legalization would change employment MJ screening. I think some places would drop it, but many would keep it. Drug screening is driven in large part by workers' comp and liability insurance. They get to deny coverage if the person tests positive and I'm sure MJ is far and away the primary drug they find due to its long dwell time in fatty tissue. I bet it saves them a ton in what are completely legitimate workplace injuries that have nothing to do with drug use.

Actually, companies have already started to stop drug testing. It's just not worth the money they have to spend on it, plus, with it becoming more and more accepted everywhere, there is just no need to test for it any more.

How are black people affecting sterility or safety? You comparing wrong situations here.
Not too mention one is a choice and the other is not, it's a horrible and absurd comparison to make, it's not even apples to oranges, it's like apples to cannibalism.

Reactions: MVP