What's new

Sefolosha suspended for 5 games

DZ4xx8jX4AQrWKW.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ4xx8jX4AQrWKW.jpg
No worries Thabo. We forgive you.

Trying to remember the player who basically gave up his career because he wouldn't stop smoking MJ.

I think it's ridiculous, especially in the NFL, to pump these players full of pain killers and not allow them to use MJ. Big Pharma putting big dollars behind keeping MJ a banned substance in sports.

Last edited:
Trying to remember the player who basically gave up his career because he wouldn't stop smoking MJ.

I think it's ridiculous, especially in the NFL, to pump these players full of pain killers and not allow them to use MJ. Big Pharma putting big dollars behind keeping MJ a banned substance in sports.
Run Ricky Run

How are black people affecting sterility or safety? You comparing wrong situations here.
I thought the point of the comment was that in this (hypotetical) case, there _were_ no sterility or safety issues, just that the business owner wanted to disallow turbans and hijabs. In that case, I think it's an interesting question where a business owner's right of choice goes.
Is it okay to not hire people because of:
* Skin color
* Religious beliefs
* Religious symbols (provided there are no other reasons for not allowing headware)
* Sexual preference
* Tattoos
* Hair style
etc, etc. Very different things, but at some point there's probably a line to be drawn, and it's not always trivial to know where.
Bit off-topic, though.

I thought the point of the comment was that in this (hypotetical) case, there _were_ no sterility or safety issues, just that the business owner wanted to disallow turbans and hijabs. In that case, I think it's an interesting question where a business owner's right of choice goes.
Is it okay to not hire people because of:
* Skin color
* Religious beliefs
* Religious symbols (provided there are no other reasons for not allowing headware)
* Sexual preference
* Tattoos
* Hair style
etc, etc. Very different things, but at some point there's probably a line to be drawn, and it's not always trivial to know where.
Bit off-topic, though.

At the end of the day - **** political correctness. I am all for the rights of business owner to have freedom when it comes to how to run his business and whom to hire. It should not come down to any of the things you mentioned but to qualification of the applicant for the required position. But would a catholic school hire a super qualified math teacher who was a metalhead in his young age and has an inverted cross tattoo on his face or would come to interview with Rotting Christ T-shirt? I think we know the answer:)

Lets boycott the next five games. NBA should be a dinosaur if they don't quit draconian rules.

At the end of the day - **** political correctness. I am all for the rights of business owner to have freedom when it comes to how to run his business and whom to hire. It should not come down to any of the things you mentioned but to qualification of the applicant for the required position. But would a catholic school hire a super qualified math teacher who was a metalhead in his young age and has an inverted cross tattoo on his face or would come to interview with Rotting Christ T-shirt? I think we know the answer:)

So you're OK with a company being racist and only hiring white people? Because for the most part, it's already like that. I continually get overlooked and screwed over for jobs because I'm a minority and not white, even though I'm more than qualified for the positions I apply for. So in this case, yes, political correctness is very important. And no, I'm not a metal head in young age with an inverted cross tattoo on my face and I don't even know what a Rotting Christ tshirt is...so yeah.

So you're OK with a company being racist and only hiring white people? Because for the most part, it's already like that. I continually get overlooked and screwed over for jobs because I'm a minority and not white, even though I'm more than qualified for the positions I apply for. So in this case, yes, political correctness is very important. And no, I'm not a metal head in young age with an inverted cross tattoo on my face and I don't even know what a Rotting Christ tshirt is...so yeah.
I am not ok with that. As I said qualifications of the person should be all what matters. By the way here we have tons of racist businesses who only hire East Indians or Chinese. If you are white or black you have no chance being hired by them. As sad as it is segregation by nationality, race or religion when it comes to hiring exists and will exist.

I am not ok with that. As I said qualifications of the person should be all what matters. By the way here we have tons of racist businesses who only hire East Indians or Chinese. If you are white or black you have no chance being hired by them. As sad as it is segregation by nationality, race or religion when it comes to hiring exists and will exist.
And which businesses are these that you speak of that only hire Indians or Chinese? Segregation in general is very sad and exists everywhere, not just in workplace hiring situations. I see it all the time. Only white people hang out with white people and ethnic people hang out with other people of the same ethnicity. Yes, there are exceptions to that, but it doesn't happen very often. I'm very unique, I'm half Danish and half Persian, so unless a group of another ethnicity accepts me, which doesn't happen often, I'm usually left to be on my own.

Reactions: MVP
And which businesses are these that you speak of that only hire Indians or Chinese? Segregation in general is very sad and exists everywhere, not just in workplace hiring situations. I see it all the time. Only white people hang out with white people and ethnic people hang out with other people of the same ethnicity. Yes, there are exceptions to that, but it doesn't happen very often. I'm very unique, I'm half Danish and half Persian, so unless a group of another ethnicity accepts me, which doesn't happen often, I'm usually left to be on my own.

I am talking mostly about small business like gas stations, fast food places, ethnic restaurants and so on. I personally hired east indian and australian girl (half aboriginal) at my business - all I cared is their skills. But I know from my own experience that a lot of businesses created by immigrants almost feel obligation to hire "one of their own" otherwise they will be perceived negatively by their community. Sometimes it comes to language skills - obviously polish speaking cashier applying in polish deli store where half of the clients are polish would have advantage over chinese or mexican for example.

I am talking mostly about small business like gas stations, fast food places, ethnic restaurants and so on. I personally hired east indian and australian girl (half aboriginal) at my business - all I cared is their skills. But I know from my own experience that a lot of businesses created by immigrants almost feel obligation to hire "one of their own" otherwise they will be perceived negatively by their community. Sometimes it comes to language skills - obviously polish speaking cashier applying in polish deli store where half of the clients are polish would have advantage over chinese or mexican for example.
That's awesome that you hire people of another ethnicity! We need more people like that! I kind of thought you might be referring to gas stations and restaurants. I work in the IT industry, so I'm not going to switch industries at this point and work at a gas station, fast food or restaurant, lol, so it doesn't help me out much, but I get your point. I also agree that those ethnic business owners should hire whoever is qualified as well, not just other people that are similar to them.

Reactions: MVP