What's new

Sensabaugh and Hendricks watch thread in gleague

*Checks standing to confirm it’s indeed actually only 13 games into dudes first season*

What a ****ing place this is, Jesus Christ….

Taylor was sold as a guy who could play right away, not a GLeague only guy. It doesn’t take more than 13 games to determine that. It’s ok to say someone is way further behind than expected.

No it does not mean he is doomed, but like I said, he is not the player that was forced down our throats. If you said he was a GLeague guy, pat yourself on the back, I thought he was further along.

*Checks standing to confirm it’s indeed actually only 13 games into dudes first season*

What a ****ing place this is, Jesus Christ….
I just have never got the kind of dude who logs into a fan site to constantly **** on a 19 year old rookie. I have a son that age. I guess that changes my viewpoint.

However, if I wander to the cesspool that is the political subs and see these same people post there, and it makes a little more sense. .

I just have never got the kind of dude who logs into a fan site to constantly **** on a 19 year old rookie. I have a son that age. I guess that changes my viewpoint.

However, if I wander to the cesspool that is the political subs and see these same people post there, and it makes a little more sense. .
Wait, so what age does a NBA player have to be for criticism to be ok on a forum? I know I've seen you bitching about players who are early 20s....

Your son is going to age at the same rate as Hendricks so I guess critiquing him will never be ok.

Taylor was sold as a guy who could play right away, not a GLeague only guy. It doesn’t take more than 13 games to determine that. It’s ok to say someone is way further behind than expected.

No it does not mean he is doomed, but like I said, he is not the player that was forced down our throats. If you said he was a GLeague guy, pat yourself on the back, I thought he was further along.
Exactly. The goalposts are moving so fast I can't keep up.

IMO it's a true red flag that Hendricks can't play a few minutes per game in a simple spacer role to get used to the league. What, he'll "get embarrassed"? Stop it.

Stand on the weak side, shoot when you're open. Try to defend a bit. That's literally it.

Meanwhile, Hardy is out here "coaching for the future" and letting Key make soul-killing rookie mistakes in crunch time while playing the hardest NBA position.

Exactly. The goalposts are moving so fast I can't keep up.

IMO it's a true red flag that Hendricks can't play a few minutes per game in a simple spacer role to get used to the league. What, he'll "get embarrassed"? Stop it.

Stand on the weak side, shoot when you're open. Try to defend a bit. That's literally it.

Meanwhile, Hardy is out here "coaching for the future" and letting Key make soul-killing rookie mistakes in crunch time while playing the hardest NBA position.

Tbf, I do think he can do the offense part. It does not take a basketball savant to stand in the corner and shoot shots, and I think he's a good enough shooter. The blindspot I had is that his defense does not appear to be close to ready. I never thought he was JJJ like local media was propping up, but I didn't think he'd be this far away from being a contributor on that end.

Tbf, I do think he can do the offense part. It does not take a basketball savant to stand in the corner and shoot shots, and I think he's a good enough shooter. The blindspot I had is that his defense does not appear to be close to ready. I never thought he was JJJ like local media was propping up, but I didn't think he'd be this far away from being a contributor on that end.

How far away is he?

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

What is there to lose?

Our defense already sucks monkey balls and we're literally starting some guys who get straight up hunted by other teams. Plus, we have a big on the roster who may be the best rim protector now that Kessler is out (Yurt7) , and he can't get on the court.

The way I see it, Hendricks would fit right in.

What is there to lose?

Our defense already sucks monkey balls and we're literally starting some guys who get straight up hunted by other teams. Plus, we have a big on the roster who may be the best rim protector now that Kessler is out (Yourt7) , and he can't get on the court.

The way I see it, Hendricks would fit right in.

Don't get me wrong, if it were up to me he'd be playing real NBA minutes. But the fact is, he's not and it's because Hardy doesn't think he's good. Maybe he's a bad judge of talent and you can disagree with his decisions, but that's the situation right now.

I remember that there was this notion that Hardy was only playing Simone as a thank you before he gets cut during the preseason. That was freaking ridiculous lol. Hendricks and Sensabaugh are nowhere near the rotation because Hardy does not believe they are good enough. It is what it is.

Don't get me wrong, if it were up to me he'd be playing real NBA minutes. But the fact is, he's not and it's because Hardy doesn't think he's good. Maybe he's a bad judge of talent and you can disagree with his decisions, but that's the situation right now.

I remember that there was this notion that Hardy was only playing Simone as a thank you before he gets cut during the preseason. That was freaking ridiculous lol. Hendricks and Sensabaugh are nowhere near the rotation because Hardy does not believe they are good enough. It is what it is.
A player being "good" and a player being "ready" are two entirely different things. Kessler and Ochai are good, but they weren't ready 14 games into the season.

And you keep going off on being duped about he was ready like you are the one paying his salary. Nobody that made the the actual decision to to draft him told you he was a rotation player from day 1. They went pretty far the other direction. Hell, they are still tamping down expectations on Kessler. Nobody has swindled you here. I just don't get the venom 14 games into the season.

A player being "good" and a player being "ready" are two entirely different things. Kessler and Ochai are good, but they weren't ready 14 games into the season.

And you keep going off on being duped about he was ready like you are the one paying his salary. Nobody that made the the actual decision to to draft him told you he was a rotation player from day 1. They went pretty far the other direction. Hell, they are still tamping down expectations on Kessler. Nobody has swindled you here. I just don't get the venom 14 games into the season.

I'll be the first one to tell you I was dead wrong about him, but so were others. He is a lot further behind than I expect, it is what is. I don't get this trend of policing people for saying opinions. Yeah, I was fooled by all the predraft hype. I agreed with those who saw an easy path for him contribute and that as a miscall.....specifically his defense. The "venom" is simply stating I had higher expectations for him.

So yeah, I guess I could pretend that I never had expectations if it makes you feel better. But I'd rather just call it how it is.

Wait, so what age does a NBA player have to be for criticism to be ok on a forum? I know I've seen you bitching about players who are early 20s....

Your son is going to age at the same rate as Hendricks so I guess critiquing him will never be ok.
At least until they’re in their 5th season apparently, because that’s where some are still cutting THT slack to find his role.