What's new

Sexton Trade Ideas Thread

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
Post all your trade ideas that involved Sexton. As he is our most likely trade candidate.

I have a winner here:

The Heat struck out on their trades targets so they settle for some serious bench punch with Sexton. Their offense can be anemic at times, so Sexton should help and he fits Heat culture.

Jazz get Brogdon. I included the 2027 pick as we have 4 that year. I would put a clause that it's the least favorable of all 4 picks. Heat also throw in a 2nd rounder.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_10-14-2023_10-12-16AM.png

I would rather just get Lowry, even though I understand all the reasons it doesn't make sense.
Lowry just isnt good enough at this point IMO.

Not a huge Brogdon guy, but I like the idea of having a player for 2 years to let Keyonte get ready.

Also think Brogdon/THT could fit well together.

Lowry just isnt good enough at this point IMO.

Not a huge Brogdon guy, but I like the idea of having a player for 2 years to let Keyonte get ready.

Also think Brogdon/THT could fit well together.

It seemed like he had a pretty good playoff run. I think/ hope Keyonte will be ready by the end of the year. Lowry would give us a huge expiring contract as well.

It seemed like he had a pretty good playoff run. I think/ hope Keyonte will be ready by the end of the year. Lowry would give us a huge expiring contract as well.
Yeah, I think he can still play well in spurts, like a playoff run, but I still think the Jazz need a legit contributor for the regular season to ensure a playoff birth.

I think Brogdon for Sexton just kinda make sense. Maybe throw in a bad pick to POR if there's a bidding war for Brogdon.

I love the idea of getting Lowry. Not sure what contracts would have to be sent out, but I’m guessing we would also acquire some draft assets in this deal—all while getting a better on-court product and winning more games.

Hopefully the Jazz management have learned lessons about giving up draft capital for old pg’s that they should have acquired years ago even though Jazz fans apparently have not.
I actually have liked brogdon for a while, but this trade reeks…

Hopefully the Jazz management have learned lessons about giving up draft capital for old pg’s that they should have acquired years ago even though Jazz fans apparently have not.
I actually have liked brogdon for a while, but this trade reeks…
It worked out great last time.

We got Conley, won a **** ton of games, then traded him for a top 4 protected Lakers pick.

If they learned a lesson, it was that it's a good idea.

Extension deadline day is coming up soon btw. Sexton+picks for Quickley+Fournier could happen if those negotiations get testy.

Yeah, let's trade Sexton and picks for...... more guards that we don't have room for. Excellent idea

Wish he was more a diva at times like this :/ Obviously I'm biased, but is it really in his best interest to sign a discount contract and lock himself into a smaller role? Can't see Knicks throwing the bag at him.
No… if we loved him I could see floating out through back channels that we’d offer a big deal… not like full tampering but just saying “man I thought he’d be in line for something close to what Vassell got”. It doesn’t pay to be a good soldier imo… I’d want to lock in full price as if I was in the bigger role I would get elsewhere. If I was him I wouldn’t take less than RJ money but it’s hard when you are locking in your first mega payday… so wouldn’t fault him if he did settle.

No… if we loved him I could see floating out through back channels that we’d offer a big deal… not like full tampering but just saying “man I thought he’d be in line for something close to what Vassell got”. It doesn’t pay to be a good soldier imo… I’d want to lock in full price as if I was in the bigger role I would get elsewhere. If I was him I wouldn’t take less than RJ money but it’s hard when you are locking in your first mega payday… so wouldn’t fault him if he did settle.

Yeah, I've been saying we should tamper with him for awhile. I suppose there's nothing you can do if he wants to be a good soldier, but he and his agent at least need to know what kind of money+role we could provide for him. Not sure I believe that Jazz love him through based on the NYK-Mitchell trade rumors, but who knows what was real and what wasn't.

Yeah, I've been saying we should tamper with him for awhile. I suppose there's nothing you can do if he wants to be a good soldier, but he and his agent at least need to know what kind of money+role we could provide for him. Not sure I believe that Jazz love him through based on the NYK-Mitchell trade rumors, but who knows what was real and what wasn't.
Not that I think you can duplicate what happened with Lauri but you can do stuff similar with these youngish players that are good but might be held back by role… he’d be in the top 5 candidates of guys I think that could breakout(he’s already a good player but you catch my drift).

I think he’s viewed as a bench gunner and would be comped to the Herros, Pooles, Simons, of the world but the defense being a plus and not a minus and maybe being a little more point guardy kind of separate him and make him more intriguing.