What's new

Should the Jazz Punt Game 2?

Right. My argument is that there is significant enough ambiguity about the language that Cy could have forestalled a lot of pushback by using different language, or by conceding that using "punt" is ambiguous enough to confuse more than one poster on the board. Instead, he was defensive, and even though he had a case to be made, there was enough linguistic breakdown that he could have just said "ok, let's not use the word punt."
I think it's a pretty apt descriptor, as far as analogies go. And with clarification, it shouldn't be anywhere near this much of a problem.

Plus, defending your use of a particular analogy can be half the fun of making it, in the first place.

Frankly, it seems like the real issue here has more to do with certain people wanting for Cy to have said something stupid.

My two cents here: please, for future posters, be clear about what you propose. I also undertood that Cy meant 'sitting DM for one game so he could be closer to 100% for the rest of the series", which would put us at a huge disatvantage in game 2. That's a valid point. But that wasn't clear in the original post. People had to assume it and continue reading Cy's replies. Kind of a jerk move on Cy to complain about people taking things too literal. I've seen posters calling others idiots for not doing just that - being literal - ('hey, dont be stupid that's not what I wrote, 'learn to read', etc.). So for the sake of this forum, if you are not clear, own it: 'my bad, i meant this...'.

For others to continue bashing on Cy, it's time to move on. Don't see the point of all this negativity when he had an argument worth discussing. My view? DM should play if there is no risk of further injuries. Even if he is at 75%. This series is so close that stealing one in OKC could be vital. Also, we don't have enough info to assume two extra days of rest will get DM to 100%. Anyway, go Jazz!

Btw, I'm in a beach in Costa Rica so it's difficult to reply. Will try to find a bar to watch the game though (hopefully they televise it here,internet is bad at my hotel)

Last edited:
It's only second down though.

I think we are clearly establishing the run in the first game and now we go play action and throw the ball downfield, but everyone knows this series will be won in the trenches and with special teams play.

I think we are clearly establishing the run in the first game and now we go play action and throw the ball downfield, but everyone knows this series will be won in the trenches and with special teams play.
The bases are loaded and we just need a hole in one to get the checkered flag.

Absolutely. We have to keep them honest on first down.

I think the jazz need to ice the puck a few times in Game 3.
Just roll the ball past half court after rebounds if they get tired. Would give them extra time to rest and make Westbrook or his teammates chase the ball and tire themselves out.

Btw, I'm in a beach in Costa Rica so it's difficult to reply. Will try to find a bar to watch the game though (hopefully they televise it here,internet is bad at my hotel)
**** you