What's new

Should we go full rebuild?

Should we go full rebuild?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
NO ACTUAL JAZZ FAN IS FINE WITH JUST BEING DECENT!! NO FAN OF ANY TEAM IF FINE WITH THEIR TEAM BEING JUST DECENT!

The word fan is short for fanatic. So therefore if you’re fine just winning some games year in year out you aren’t a fan, you’re what’s called fair weathered. So in essence, I’m not deciding who’s a fan each individual person is I just call it as I see it.

This is a rebuilding team. So barely making the play-in only hurts this team, so no fanatic in their fan mind would want this.
I'm fine with making the playoffs every year and advancing some of the time.
I really like winning games. If you make the playoffs a lot it means you win a lot of games. People fan differently

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I'm very happy having a team that makes the playoffs consistently even if we're not the favorites ever. I would rather us sneak in and win than be the expected winner. I want a punchers chance every year. If we don't connect, fine with me.
Just saw this after I posted
I'm with ya.

I kind of feel like if you just want a championship then you will be unhappy. I choose happiness.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I'm fine with making the playoffs every year and advancing some of the time.

I really like winning games. If you make the playoffs a lot it means you win a lot of games. People fan differently
Well let’s keep everything into context. The jazz as constructed aren’t even there yet, so why barely make the playin where the odds of advancing to the playoffs and advancing in the playoffs are pretty low. Let alone our title chances would take an act of god.

A fan understands WTH is happening and the narrative. The Jazz are clearly tanking. Why aren’t they trying to make the playin? So as a fan why would you want that.

For the jazz a loss is a win. This isn’t me trolling this is the jazz org mindset and I agree with it. I just wish they were better at tanking.

No I got it.

You want them to make the playoffs making it harder to build a contender. I understand perfectly.
If I say I understand the logic of the argument you are making. Will you admit that the next team that wins a title after going all out to suck and then rebuild around top draft picks, will be the first?

Yes Jazz should go full and REAL rebuild.
This fake rebuild joke should be stopped immediately when season is over and all games are played and rightfully so.

Trade Clarkson, Markkanen, Sexton, and Dunn for picks and give yourself best possible odds to draft Cooper Flagg 2025 and one of the Boozer twins 2026.
When you are rebuilding rebuild real and do it with hard tanking but don't joke and fake rebuild like Ainge and Zanik are doing now.

Praying we get Sarr this year, tank hard the next season and get Flagg to pair with him.

25-26 starting 5

KG
Sex Machine
Flagg
Lofton
Sarr

NO ACTUAL JAZZ FAN IS FINE WITH JUST BEING DECENT!! NO FAN OF ANY TEAM IF FINE WITH THEIR TEAM BEING JUST DECENT!

The word fan is short for fanatic. So therefore if you’re fine just winning some games year in year out you aren’t a fan, you’re what’s called fair weathered. So in essence, I’m not deciding who’s a fan each individual person is I just call it as I see it.

This is a rebuilding team. So barely making the play-in only hurts this team, so no fanatic in their fan mind would want this.
Your problem is you are trying to define who is a fan based on which strategy people support. No one here says they dont want to see the team contend or win a championship. Some people just see various different paths that could lead to that goal.

Its not their fault that you only see one path.

I don't think we have a choice on going full rebuild or not. This team is as bad as the Jefferson days

can't decide to do something you are already doing. sure, we have one single star player, but he isn't that old, and you do have to pay someone on the team based on the new cap rules. if things go as planned, he will be just starting the downward side of his peak when they finally realize how stupid this is and try to win again. (developing a losing culture, SMH, i've been alive too long apparently) ((haven't they noticed that high draft picks hardly ever stay with the team that tanked for them?)) (((my fandom is watching a team of players that want to be here and are good people get as far as they can. tanking makes me feel ill)))

Last 2 seasons have been frustrated for many fans. Kind of cheating from DA.Selling tickets at start then tanking... I expect that this year, we make some moves to show clearly the direction. Trade more players for pick or get agressive in the market to find 1 star player to pair with Lauri, and another good one to complete the core. Then hope the young keep improving ( not guarantee, see Walter).

I stop looking game in live half season after DA make some moves. I totally understand some fans will follow the team even if the team have many years of mediocrity. I'm probably too old or not patient anymore. I need to see competitive basket ball to get excited. And this year i do not see any superstar potential in the draft. Hopefully i'm wrong.

I'm just hoping we have a good enough roster once a (Leonard/Raptors) trade pops up. The only route I see. We can't build a team because players won't stay in utah long enough, nobody is signing with us, and we don't seem to know how to tank well when there IS a surefire top player (wemby). I'm sure we wont tank hard enough to get Flagg either. Idk anymore I'm confused AF by what they are doing now. Half in half out kinda tank.

It kinda sucks that all the players dominating this tournament are players who either don’t fit the modern nba or don’t help the Jazz. In 1994, Edey would’ve been an awesome pickup. In 2024, I don’t think he’s an NBA starter.

If by full rebuild you mean fire Hardy along with trading what few decent players we have, I might be on board. Hardy’s defensive schemes are hot garbage. That’s not a player issue, it’s a strategic issue. I just read in the tribune that we now have the worst defense in the league. We give up the most 3s of anyone. That’s not all on the players folks.

We should have went full rebuild 2 seasons ago. There's A LOT of talk next season we WILL be going full rebuild
All while our owner is demanding taxpayer money for a new arena? Lol

At this point, move the team. Let some other city or state watch the yellow highlighter uniforms giving up 85+ pts per half.

The plan so far is perfect. Just avoid the John Collins trade type of mistake and the Jazz will build a contender in time.
What's the timeframe for "in time"...
I’ve always believed that having the star players is more of a power position than having whatever picks/assets you get for trading him. We should keep Lauri, having Lauri on our team is a privilege.

Having said that, I also don’t believe in wasting a player’s prime nor do I believe with trying to compete for a half a year only to quit and tank for the other half. By doing this, the Jazz have essentially limited the rewards for trying to win or lose. The goal for winning is the play in. The goal for tanking is to get the 9th pick. Not a ton of reward either way.

They may have squeezed out some extra value by waiting (or they may have lost some), but that comes at a cost of pissing off Lauri after lying to him. If the Jazz want to do Lauri+young players, I think that is fine. If that’s what the FO wants, do it. But actually do it. Don’t play half a season and then quit. Do not go after John Collins if your plan was to not compete. What they’re doing does not install a lot of confidence in me. Either #1, they totally went against their plan of Lauri+youngins and delayed their tank or #2 they actually thought they had a winner and now they’ve pivoted to tanking bc winning didn’t work. Either they had a plan all along but executed poorly or they had a bad plan, it didn’t work, then they switched it.

My first choice would be to move forward with Lauri and build around him. My second choice would be to move him and start over. My least favorite choice is to keep Lauri, but basically operate as if he’s not there and repeatedly wave the middle finger at him.
This is pretty much what bad franchises have been doing in the league for ages... they stock up with mediocre upgrades over their youth thinking they will be able to compete(at least for playoffs) then by mid-season they realize they are actually not good enough... so they turn to tanking. This is a failure of self-scouting and a failure of projecting your strength compared to your competition. In a lot of cases this is MUCH WORSE than actually purposefully tanking. Because when you tank with purpose, you actually have a plan and you can better maximize your assets and reset the timelines of expected contention. But when you are doing what we are doing, this is not a plan... this is a failure turned into a last resort. This was Sacramento's special for 15 years before their recent rise to semi-success. They think they can compete, they make stupid decisions incongruent with the big picture of their roster, they are wrong... turn into tanking half-way through the season. Pick 6-10 in perpetuity! Rinse and repeat.

What's the timeframe for "in time"...

This is pretty much what bad franchises have been doing in the league for ages... they stock up with mediocre upgrades over their youth thinking they will be able to compete(at least for playoffs) then by mid-season they realize they are actually not good enough... so they turn to tanking. This is a failure of self-scouting and a failure of projecting your strength compared to your competition. In a lot of cases this is MUCH WORSE than actually purposefully tanking. Because when you tank with purpose, you actually have a plan and you can better maximize your assets and reset the timelines of expected contention. But when you are doing what we are doing, this is not a plan... this is a failure turned into a last resort. This was Sacramento's special for 15 years before their recent rise to semi-success. They think they can compete, they make stupid decisions incongruent with the big picture of their roster, they are wrong... turn into tanking half-way through the season. Pick 6-10 in perpetuity! Rinse and repeat.
Good lord man. Step back from the keyboard.