What's new

Should we trade for Batum?

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 848

Guys.

This dude's value is as low as its ever been in his entire career.

Let's not kid ourselves. This dude can still ball. He can pass, defend, hit threes like a champ, rebound, etc.

Yes, I understand that we have Hayward slotted in at SF right now-- but who gives a ****? Acquire talent first, re-organize later.

I'd work a trade with Burks and Burke for him. Maybe Burks and Kanter. The **** if I know.

What do y'all think.

Nah, I don't think Portland wants to trade him either, at least not for anything we want to give up on our roster.

Nah, I don't think Portland wants to trade him either, at least not for anything we want to give up on our roster.

Isn't Portland like the only WCF playoff team that hasn't really made a move for the playoffs yet?

Batum really, really hasn't done much for their team this season. I'm sure they'd try to bolster their bench if they could right now

I just tried the trade of ...

kanter, Novak, burks ---> Batum, McCollum, Leonard

it worked but that is a lot to give up. I think McCollum would excell in snyders offense (41% 3 pt shooter) Leonard is fodder but we need a back up at center.

they own the rights to kanter would be awesome off the bench backing up LA and Lopez. Novak is fodder and burks gives them a replacement or a back up to Mathews depending on how the offseason goes. (burks is the piece I don't want to give up but ..

exum
Hayward
Batum
favors
Gobert

is very tantalizing. with a bench of ...

Burke
McCollum
hood
booker
Leonard

+ adding our draft pick hummmmmm I would do it.

Isn't Portland like the only WCF playoff team that hasn't really made a move for the playoffs yet?

Batum really, really hasn't done much for their team this season. I'm sure they'd try to bolster their bench if they could right now

I don't think the trade ideas that you've suggested really constitute a "move for the playoffs."

Burks = not playing at all this year
Burke = redundant with McCollum
Kanter = redundant with Kaman (if not redundant, then, at bottom, they wouldn't share the floor well)

Honestly thought the thread was asking if we should trade for batman. Was trying to figure out who batman was. But yeah, we should trade for him. It wouldn't really work to trade burks, I think his extension messes things up there. I don't know what Portland would want from us. Maybe kanter would be good insurance for the , because Aldridge and Lopez are banged up.

I don't think the trade ideas that you've suggested really constitute a "move for the playoffs."

Burks = not playing at all this year
Burke = redundant with McCollum
Kanter = redundant with Kaman (if not redundant, then, at bottom, they wouldn't share the floor well)

Good point, although--

- I really think Burke's scoring off the bench would >>>> McCollum (averaging 16.0PPG, 40 FG% and 34 3PP% since he got benched)
- they might see Kanter as an improvement over Kaman, so maybe we could take Kaman off their books. Kanter would be a solid 3rd big with Lopez and LMA.

Burks would definitely be a long-term potential playoff-piece for them, tho. I dunno. I just like Batum.

I like Batum, too. But I would ****ing HATE to see Kaman in a jazz uniform. Waaay more black hole than early-jazz Jefferson.

I like Batum, too. But I would ****ing HATE to see Kaman in a jazz uniform. Waaay more black hole than early-jazz Jefferson.

Kaman is being paid 4.8 mil this year, with next year being a team option.

I think kanter and Burke for batum and McCollum would be awesome. Let's do it.

it'll take more than this, imaginably. Unless Kanter goes on an otherworldly tear over the next month.

I could see them maybe wanting Kanter. He'd be the best option off of their weak bench. How old is Batum?

Nuggets would make more sense as trade partners for Batum. They have a lot of OK pieces that would help bolster depth better than we would.

Why do we even want Batum exactly?

He only has 1 year left on his contract before he enters UFA in 2016. We can always just wait and offer him a contract when the times comes.