What's new

Should we trade for Batum?

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
Bad idea. Batum is one of worst shooters and defenders in NBA. Im an early riser so when I was back home over xmas I caught a ton of West cost games in the wee morning hours (2-3 am). I will tell you Batum is the new Gerald Wallace of Portland. Lol if they flip that trash for a second all star.

Srs tho Portland makes the best moves do not trade with them. Foye for all star, Wallace for all star... Pretty much only slip up was drafting Oden but that was a gamble most were taking.

DO NOT TRADE WITH PAUL ALLEN. LIKE EVER. YOU WILL GET BURNED IF NOT DIE.

We should but we can't. Batum has been injured and Portland obviously knows that. They won't give up on him for anything we have to offer.

Bad idea. Batum is one of worst shooters and defenders in NBA. Im an early riser so when I was back home over xmas I caught a ton of West cost games in the wee morning hours (2-3 am). I will tell you Batum is the new Gerald Wallace of Portland. Lol if they flip that trash for a second all star.

Srs tho Portland makes the best moves do not trade with them. Foye for all star, Wallace for all star... Pretty much only slip up was drafting Oden but that was a gamble most were taking.

DO NOT TRADE WITH PAUL ALLEN. LIKE EVER. YOU WILL GET BURNED IF NOT DIE.

Dude.... Batum has been playing like **** this season, this is a fact, but to say he is one of the worst shooters and defenders in the NBA... come on. I wouldn't trade for him, because based on this season, there is something amiss. But if he was playing like his normal self (last 2 seasons, not this year), you would be looking at a good defender, who gives you 14/6,5/5 per game, on .575TS% with a solid .3653PG%. This is would be a solid 3rd option behind Hayward and Favors (both giving you 20ishPPG), and a player who does the dirty work rebounding the ball and helps ball movement. Not a bargain at 11,5M per year, but not robbery either : a fair contract in comparison with Burks !

Now the way he is playing this year, yuck, no way. Before you trade for him you would need to have a proper and satisfying medical explanation and good perspectives for the future.

But the last 2 seasons Batum has been worth his contract by giving his team the full package : solid defense, high work rate on rebounds and passing, floor spacing and solid complementary scoring on good efficiency.