What's new

Should we trade for Batum?

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
I
Why do we even want Batum exactly?

He only has 1 year left on his contract before he enters UFA in 2016. We can always just wait and offer him a contract when the times comes.
It's crazy that it was that long ago that Minnesota was trying to sign him away from Portland. I was thinking he had a couple years left. Good point about just signing him.

Why do we even want Batum exactly?

He only has 1 year left on his contract before he enters UFA in 2016. We can always just wait and offer him a contract when the times comes.

great point. I totally figured he had a couple more years.

What is batum contract situation like

google or read 1 post before the one you posted.
Not gonna google
The one post before don't say **** about a dollar amount
Cry harder

Gets paid in cheese actually, according to my sources.
How much cheese per year and what kind o cheese doe?

I must be missing something because it seems to me that Batum is an overpaid glue guy who was still overpaid even when he was playing well.

I must be missing something because it seems to me that Batum is an overpaid glue guy who was still overpaid even when he was playing well.

I think his contract is one of the most fair contracts in the league (before this season), but I'm not a huge fan. Jack of all trades kind of player. He just never turned the corner from being a good defender to being an elite defender.

I think his contract is one of the most fair contracts in the league

Really? Tell me more.
What is his contract like? How many years and for how much money was the contract he signed?

Guys.

This dude's value is as low as its ever been in his entire career.

Let's not kid ourselves. This dude can still ball. He can pass, defend, hit threes like a champ, rebound, etc.

Yes, I understand that we have Hayward slotted in at SF right now-- but who gives a ****? Acquire talent first, re-organize later.

I'd work a trade with Burks and Burke for him. Maybe Burks and Kanter. The **** if I know.

What do y'all think.

I'd do Burke and Burks for him but there's no chance Portland would imo. He's a key cog there on a top four team in the west. The only way we'd have a shot imo is if we trade one of our own 1sts as well.