What's new

SI Top 100 Players (100-31 so far)

So according to this ranking Rubio is our weakest starter. Do you all agree? If not who is the weakest starter?

Pre all star I agree, post all star I disagree. I guess we will see what we get going forward.

I think Rubio was our 3rd best starter post all star. Favors was probably our weakest and Ingles just ahead of him. But it's pretty hard to tell with our team since we play team ball.

I think Ricky is the toughest fit when he isn't shooting well, but it is probably a tie between him and Favors. I think Favs is really steady and consistent, but Ricky is a bit of a wildcard from night to night. I think a large part of Favs value is not as a starter but with the bench units and as Rudy insurance.

I'm curious what our final roster composition looks like next year. Could make a case to keep Favs and fill in with Crowder/Thabo for stretch options. Could move DM to more of a PG role and add a light's out shooter next to him. You could keep Ricky/DM tandem together and add a more dynamic stretch four (seems to be what the consensus thinks we should add).

I think the biggest areas we could improve in the starting lineup are those two spots, but it'd have to be a damn good player to supplant them. Regular season I think those guys are great. In the playoffs we may need more individual creators when the system isn't as effective. Good news is we are at the spot in our team building where we need to look at more than just the regular season.

Can you believe it, they have Donovan at 34! Just ahead of him is CJ McCollum at 33 and just behind Tatum at 39, and Simmons still to come, as they have the top 30 yet to go

Rudy belongs in the top 12-15
Donovan belongs in the top 30
Rubio and Jingles should be above Favors (no disrespect to Favs)

Simmons is going to be way too damn high on this list most likely.

So according to this ranking Rubio is our weakest starter. Do you all agree? If not who is the weakest starter?

Pre all star I agree, post all star I disagree. I guess we will see what we get going forward.

I think Rubio was our 3rd best starter post all star. Favors was probably our weakest and Ingles just ahead of him. But it's pretty hard to tell with our team since we play team ball.

Honestly I would rank favors as the 5th best, then Ricky, then jingles, and I honestly can’t choose who is better between DM and Rudy.
Dat DM rookie year highlight video doe.

Anyone care to share the Jazz portion of the ESPN plus article about future power rankings?

Anyone care to share the Jazz portion of the ESPN plus article about future power rankings?
6. Utah Jazz[/paste:font]
RANK SCORE
Players 8 72.5
Management T-4 80.0
Money 12 60.0
Market T-25 30.0
Draft T-20 40.0
Overall: 66.5

Thanks to Donovan Mitchell's rapid rise, the Jazz have an ideal combination of current talent and future flexibility. Having gone 30-8 after Rudy Gobert returned from injury in January, a 65-win pace over a full season, Utah has the third-best 2018-19 projection of any team, using ESPN's real plus-minus (RPM). With Mitchell scheduled to make less than $12 million total over the next three seasons, the Jazz could still clear max cap space next summer to add to their core of him and Gobert.

Granted, Utah has questions to answer. Clearing max cap room would require the Jazz to waive starting power forward Derrick Favors and renounce the rights to starting point guard Ricky Rubio, an unrestricted free agent next summer. Utah also must prove it can maintain this level over a full season. If so, the Jazz could move even higher in the rankings.

-- Kevin Pelton

(Previous rank: No. 6)

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...kings-lakers-celtics-warriors-every-team-1-30

It's a one year exercise, so I could see DM surpassing him now... might have a slow start working off the rust. His health should be 100%, but he did have the follow up surgery... not an injury where they expect lingering issues, but serious injuries always have potential to set a guy back physically.

Naw, I think a lot of people think that DM is going to have a rough year as the focus of the other teams defense. Granted, they would be ignoring last year's playoffs, but they are going to do it. Mainly a lot of people just don't watch the Jazz.

Why HAVEN"T they?
Because basketball is a team game.

*Also, CJ McCollum has games of 41 and 38 in the playoffs.

Players who have put up comparable or better stats than Donovan for multiple seasons are going to get the nod ahead of him. If you can't see why then you're just being a homer.

Look up Hornet's playoff performances, in which Kemba struggled mightily. Donovan's already a better player than Kemba. No question about it.
Kemba has also gone for 35+ in a few playoff games. I'm not saying I don't think Donovan is better, but let's not sell these other guys short. CJ and Kemba are both tremendous offensive players.