What's new

SI Top 100 Players (100-31 so far)

Honestly just forget that defense stuff... gotta focus on what's hot. I expect him to be a primary ball handler in the PnR and to shoot 10 threes a game at a minimum. Anyone can set a thousand picks, dunk, and be a constant presence in the paint while still recovering to get the rebounds... it soooooooooooo easy tbh.
Carmelo has been way ahead of the curve on this, didn't even bother with it from day 1. Gobert should take a page, well the only page, out of Carmelo's book. Then he could be top 10.

He has been in the top ratings for offensive efficiency the past few season, and defensive. Here is a good article with a decent argument for Rudy to be a top 10 player. This is using 2016-2017 stats but overall his stats this last year were not that far off of these.

https://www.slcdunk.com/2017/7/23/1...st-center-defense-offense-statistics-mvp-dpoy

• Defensive Rating 99 - 1st in league
  • Offensive Rating 129 - 1st
  • Blocks 214 - 1st
  • True Shooting % .681 - 1st
  • Screen Assists 6.2 - 1st
  • Free Throw Rate .762 - 1st
  • Defensive FG% 43.8 - 1st
  • Total Win Shares 14.2 - 2nd
  • Effective FG% .661 - 2nd
  • VORP 5.4 - 8th
  • BPM 5.8 - 13th
  • PER 22.3 - 19th
In fact last year Rudy was #2 in defensive rating (0.5 behind drummond at 99.0) and 14th in offensive rating (122). Both in line with where he has been the past few years. He was 3rd in true shooting % at .657. Of course he is toward the top of most of the defensive stats last season, as well as in the mix for rebounding and such.

I am not sure I think he is a top 10 player personally, but an argument can be made, due to his impact on the game mostly.

I discount these offensive numbers for Rudy, but ^nuff said. Looking at them on b-r yesterday, I have Gobert as about 15th best player. Pretty damn good.

And, GOBERT MAKES THE ALL STAR TEAM OR WE RIOT thread. Srs, it would be criminal to leave him off.

Has anybody been following ESPN's NBArank? WFT are people at ESPN smoking? ****ing awful.

Mitchell's likely going to be a top-15 scorer.

Putting Haywood at 25 is funny. I wonder what his highest ranking was when he was on the Jazz?

Has anybody been following ESPN's NBArank? WFT are people at ESPN smoking? ****ing awful.

Yeah the "wisdom" of the masses. Having a couple really well informed guys do the rankings produces a better result imo.