What's new

Simone Fontecchio Two-year deal

Jazz don't have a starting center right now, or a starting power forward. Even their backups are limited. They're not going to be competitive. They'll be in that Houston, San Antonio, Indiana tier at best. Orlando and Detroit probably win more games than us this year.

I really like his all around game. He seems like he would have been the perfect fit with the team we had the last 3 years.
I'm sorry. What do any of us know about his all-around game? This video certainly isn't showing us anything other than that he's at least a semi-multifaceted scorer on the Euro level. But so too is Mario Hezonia, I'm sure, and he would not have been any kind of answer for us the last three years. We'll just have to wait and see if he's truly an all-around player on the NBA level.

Regarding the signing:

This is exactly what the Jazz need to do regardless of the path they take. They will be cratered at SF to start the year and just kinda need anything resembling that. Since they will not acquire such a player through any path besides scouring the scrap heap, then you grab from the heap and see what you got. I am hopeful that Balmaro comes around (he’s a more reliable jumper away from being a VERY valuable role player), but there’s no certainty he pans out and if he does it probably takes a few years of development.
Every time I’ve seen Bolmaro, he’s been the primary ball handler. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him compete at PG instead of a forward spot. I like him for that better than JB at the moment.

Every time I’ve seen Bolmaro, he’s been the primary ball handler. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him compete at PG instead of a forward spot. I like him for that better than JB at the moment.
The Jazz just have so many guards. It would be a near-miracle if they can find homes elsewhere for everyone that I hope to (Bev, JC, Beasley, and Conley but probably mid-season). This is without considering that the Jazz are going to end up with even more guards from the Knicks. And targeting Sexton.

The point I’m getting at is that anyone Balmaro’s size is going to nominally be a SF.

Maybe this should be stickied? Looks close to official with the Des News/Trib/KSL all reporting on it.

Yes, but considering that the jazz had 16 contracts and the last spot that year went to Royce O’Neale. . .
I could be wrong, but that year Royce was on a non-guaranteed deal or had a minimal guarantee. It just seems with the exception of about one game, Butler has stunk in summer league. I know we have surrounded him with stiffs but it seems like last year both Forrest and Elijah Hughes performed better surrounded with the stiffs also.

Maybe this should be stickied? Looks close to official with the Des News/Trib/KSL all reporting on it.
I don't really care if it's stickied or not, but I can't find anything in the Trib on it. Do you have a source? And in Des News and KSL, it's just reporting on the report from Europe. No confirmation.

Until one of TJ, Sarah, Andy, or Walden confirms it (or a team press release), I'll still take this to be as-yet unofficial news.