What's new

Sltrib: Jazz: Williams and his frustrations

another post that shows the lack of class from the fanbase that has the least amount of class. Again jaZz fans show how much you really know. Just like d fisher is a bad guy to yall. When deron is leading jazz past first round again and starts playing at a high level again yall stay off the bandwagon. I hope deron jams as soon as he can. Im tired of rooting for jazz. Dwill knows just as much as most that hayward was a wasted pick.

I'm tired of you 'rooting' for the Jazz if that's what you call it.

another post that shows the lack of class from the fanbase that has the least amount of class. Again jaZz fans show how much you really know. Just like d fisher is a bad guy to yall. When deron is leading jazz past first round again and starts playing at a high level again yall stay off the bandwagon. I hope deron jams as soon as he can. Im tired of rooting for jazz. Dwill knows just as much as most that hayward was a wasted pick.

So So dumb. Have you watched a game? I think Hayward has been the lone bright spot. He will be a starter in the league perhaps midway thru this season.

Because he wasn't being rational. It was an outburst rooted in anger and frustration. Nothing more. He just needs to get a handle on his emotions.

He's never been frustrated before? Give me a break. But did he ever do that to Boozer? Would he do it to Bell or Jefferson? Hell no. Dude's a hack and couldn't lead a horse to water. It's been obvious since Fisher left.

Great leaders yell at rookie teammates right after they score - in a game, the so called leader, played terrible in.

Dwill will probably be the first to tell you that he was wrong yesterday. He was frustrated and upset at the situation, you know...the fact that we are 0-2 and have been blownout both games. Emotion is part of the game, He was wrong but I'm sure he apologized and they will both move on from this. If I was Gordon, I would have no problem with it. That's one way to grow up fast in the NBA, btw gordon looks good so far

Something's been bothering him, I swear. He just doesn't look right out there.
this
If I was Gordon, I would have no problem with it.
and this

It was an outburst in a moment, a human mistake, but there is something definitely going on with DWill. Perhaps his patience is wearing thin for 5+ guys to learn the offense and start producing...Maybe its something else.

I'm willing to wait a while, my expectations for this team are much less, but I don't see any reason to jump ship after two games.

Dwill should start playing up to his contract before he goes and freaks out at one of the few Jazz players that is actually surpassing expectations. There is plenty of bad play going around for the Jazz right now, lets address that instead.

Deron acted like Farmboy had just blocked Ronnie Price's layup (by mistake, thinkin he was a Laker, er sumthin, of course) in a jazz game. Which is kinda what he did, but, still.... It's not like we were hurtin for points, or nuthin.

I remember once when Harp threw him the ball after he had subbed out of the game and was at the bench just startin to sit down. Deron threw the ball down in disgust, but he didn't throw it at Harp's head.

Then again, Harp done played way too much football without a helmet anyways, ya know? What difference would it make?

On the other hand, when K-Y had the unmitigated gall to utter "Iowa" in Deron's presence, Deron screamed "Iowa Sucks," threw a ball at his head, then tried to chase him down for a full-blowwed beatdown.

Last edited:
Dwill will probably be the first to tell you that he was wrong yesterday. He was frustrated and upset at the situation, you know...the fact that we are 0-2 and have been blownout both games. Emotion is part of the game, He was wrong but I'm sure he apologized and they will both move on from this. If I was Gordon, I would have no problem with it. That's one way to grow up fast in the NBA, btw gordon looks good so far
Wow, a rational and reasonable point of view. How the hell did you end up here?

Kobe Bryant does this stuff all of the time and has won numerous championships... I still think DWill should apologize to the kid though because he did make up for it by making a nice move to the basket and scoring an easy layup on the same play...

What he should be doing is tearing into Big Al (even though he might not deserve it just yet either), because he obviously is lost out there in Sloans offense and it's hurting everybody on the court... If I were Al, I would be working very hard with somebody these few days to get this offense DOWN! Because the longer we go with him not acclimated with this team and the way they run the offense, the longer this stretch of losing will continue... Him and Deron are the cogs in which make this offense go... And Derons definately not the problem, he's not getting help from his big name PF/C...

Jefferson is late setting screens, late setting up the pick and roll (which leads to teams doubling DWill and causing all of those TOs)... He's late on a lot of things...

One thing I will say that bothers me about Al though is his energy level... But that could be due to the fact that he's thinking too much also... If you have to think about where you need to be, you play a lot slower... So I don't think he's being lazy out there... At least I hope not, because if he is, this team is in a LOT of trouble until Sloan changes the offensive philosophy altogether in a way in which Jefferson can just sit in the post...

Again, I think this team will be okay... But that all depends on Al Jefferson...

OTOH, I'm shocked regarding some of the sheer stupidity of some of the posters on this forum!! Deron Williams is a marquee player and if we didn't have him out there the only thing we would be looking forward to in May and June is the NBA LOTTERY! Some of you guys need to get a clue, really...

Kobe Bryant does this stuff all of the time and has won numerous championships... I still think DWill should apologize to the kid though because he did make up for it by making a nice move to the basket and scoring an easy layup on the same play...

What he should be doing is tearing into Big Al (even though he might not deserve it just yet either), because he obviously is lost out there in Sloans offense and it's hurting everybody on the court... If I were Al, I would be working very hard with somebody these few days to get this offense DOWN! Because the longer we go with him not acclimated with this team and the way they run the offense, the longer this stretch of losing will continue... Him and Deron are the cogs in which make this offense go... And Derons definately not the problem, he's not getting help from his big name PF/C...

Jefferson is late setting screens, late setting up the pick and roll (which leads to teams doubling DWill and causing all of those TOs)... He's late on a lot of things...

One thing I will say that bothers me about Al though is his energy level... But that could be due to the fact that he's thinking too much also... If you have to think about where you need to be, you play a lot slower... So I don't think he's being lazy out there... At least I hope not, because if he is, this team is in a LOT of trouble until Sloan changes the offensive philosophy altogether in a way in which Jefferson can just sit in the post...

Again, I think this team will be okay... But that all depends on Al Jefferson...

OTOH, I'm shocked regarding some of the sheer stupidity of some of the posters on this forum!! Deron Williams is a marquee player and if we didn't have him out there the only thing we would be looking forward to in May and June is the NBA LOTTERY! Some of you guys need to get a clue, really...

I read the first sentence and had to read no further. Kobe does this because he demands perfection from his players. Deron? Don't make me laugh. Kobe can do this because he works harder than anyone in the NBA and his teammates know it. Deron? Don't make me laugh. Kobe is an elite player, knows it, and so do his teammates. Deron? Don't make me laugh. I think Deron thinks he's very good. So do his teammates. But I don't think Deron considers himself elite or "special" though. Nor do his teammates.

So please don't compare him to an all-time great.

that article was written by a whiner for whiners. grow a pair and play the game.

even reggie miller liked to see williams letting his team know when they needed to do something different. or are we expecting hayward to be as quick to tears as AK?

He looks slow, fat, and out of shape. He's playing like he didn't do a damn thing over the summer.

If you saw the clip off him jumping off that cliff in the summer, the answer is probably he didn't do a damn thing. I know he was hurt and was supposed to get away from basketball, but he looks more like the Pillsbury Doughboy than the top PG in the league. I don't know if he found Jezbus or not, but it sure looks like he found a few jelly doughnuts.

I'm glad the Trib called him out for getting on Hayward. The kid's a ROOKIE! I know Deron didn't run every play correctly from Day #1.