What's new

Sltrib: Jazz: Williams and his frustrations

Deron Williams may be feeling the weight of being the official team captain. My impression of him is he's sort of a private guy...

I'd pretty much agree with the above statement

... not real outgoing, or real at ease with the media. Hopefully he'll evolve into the leader we need at this point.
I would like us to have a leader on that 2nd unit. From what we've seen so far, there isn't one; not good.
I think this is partially true, I think he's - I think he has his moments where he's really outgoing, and at ease with the media, and other times he's not.

I do think he needs someone to ride shot-gun, and he's missing that so far this season.

The only time I think I've seen Deron really playing the role of the cheerleader is when he's been on the sidelines, and he does it best when he's been in a suit, not in uniform. And that's pretty much only when things are going well, or at least if he sees potential to turn them around. I just don't see him as the champion of hopeless causes when he sees things are going badly.

Reporter asks about the team now laughing about Gordon Hayward situation:

Williams: "What situation? What situation? I've yelled at people before. On the court. There's no situation. I've already talked to him, I already apologized. Said I [shouldn't] have yelled at him. It's going to happen. It's going to probably happen again. [Laughs]. I get upset. On the court. A lot. … Because I want to win. I told him I was in the wrong."

I don't know if the team laughs. I don't know Williams or Hayward laugh. I just know that I laugh, eh?

"It's going to probably happen again. [Laughs]."

Let's hope so, only funnier, eh? After all this talk I looked at it on film. It aint nuthin. The only thang funny about it is people writin whole articles, I figure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urE_fCp7e5s

"It's going to probably happen again. [Laughs]."

Let's hope so, only funnier, eh? After all this talk I looked at it on film. It aint nuthin. The only thang funny about it is people writin whole articles, I figure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urE_fCp7e5s

...I can't figure out why he's so bent out of shape! It was a safe, nice post pass, and a crisp cut to the basket that resulted in an easy two points! Maybe Deron sees the handwriting on the wall: This will be HAYWARDS team in two years...right hop?

...I can't figure out why he's so bent out of shape!

I figure Deron is prejudiced against Farmboys, eh, CJ? Them from Iowa is bad enough, but Indiana? Them take the cake. Too bad Hayward don't as least play as good as the hick from French Lick, ya know?

That said, if I was gunna make up the ideal name for a town, it might well be French Lick.