What's new

Social media and players

Mongoose

Is what is going to ruin professional sports for me... Seeing how wide the gap is getting between so many players and fans is only getting wider. Players have no sense of reality and they constantly bash on fans like "they don't understand" or are acting "ridiculous". It widens the gap for me. I think social media has brought sports and players success and celebrity to an all time high, but I think it is wearing on people quickly. It is the norm now to have this incredible outspokenness from every player in every sport and it frustrates me, am I the only one? I think it surprises me how much of a disconnect players have from the world. It seems like many players don't think of fans as people on the same plain as they are, and with social media it's obvious. The stupidity displayed by players sometimes cannot be missed. Players also seem to think that they need to rant and rave about everything that is wrong with the world like it is doing some kind of good. Like they have so many struggles and difficulties that need attention, but they aren't trying to better the situation for anyone but themselves. They aren't concerned about people and fans they are concerned about their situation. Here I am complaining about them... obviously not all players are this way and many players do really good things for communities and people. I just think eventually the soap opera is going to be too much and I'll have to turn it off for good. Does anyone really love social media when it comes to sports? Anybody think it is some great thing? Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure social media has been one of the biggest contributors to the leagues growth.

Is what is going to ruin professional sports for me... Seeing how wide the gap is getting between so many players and fans is only getting wider. Players have no sense of reality and they constantly bash on fans like "they don't understand" or are acting "ridiculous". It widens the gap for me. I think social media has brought sports and players success and celebrity to an all time high, but I think it is wearing on people quickly. It is the norm now to have this incredible outspokenness from every player in every sport and it frustrates me, am I the only one? I think it surprises me how much of a disconnect players have from the world. It seems like many players don't think of fans as people on the same plain as they are, and with social media it's obvious. The stupidity displayed by players sometimes cannot be missed. Players also seem to think that they need to rant and rave about everything that is wrong with the world like it is doing some kind of good. Like they have so many struggles and difficulties that need attention, but they aren't trying to better the situation for anyone but themselves. They aren't concerned about people and fans they are concerned about their situation. Here I am complaining about them... obviously not all players are this way and many players do really good things for communities and people. I just think eventually the soap opera is going to be too much and I'll have to turn it off for good. Does anyone really love social media when it comes to sports? Anybody think it is some great thing? Why?

#coolstorybro

This feels like a response to Lebron James calling out fans for burning IT's jersey when he played the day after his sister died...

Also, newsflash: You dont have to follow players on social media.

I don't. It's just freakin overloaded everywhere you look. It's impossible to watch any games without all the he said she said bs not to mention the "political opinions" of all these guys that need attention.

It's like athletes are actual people and have thoughts and opinions.

It's more than that... it's more than just a generational gap too. I'm not that old. I work on a college campus with college age students all day. I feel like the gap is widening with players. I find them more annoying than ever.

It's more than that... it's more than just a generational gap too. I'm not that old. I work on a college campus with college age students all day. I feel like the gap is widening with players. I find them more annoying than ever.

I think you are in the minority with this opinion. The gap might be widening for you, but most enjoy the unfiltered opinions from the athletes and to see their personalities. You also seem like the type of guy to tell an athlete "stick to sports".

Is there multiple people talking? Such short paragraphs. I'm confused?

You should have at least 3 sentences before starting a new paragraph bruh.

No, there is no set amount of sentences to the size of paragraphs.

Is what is going to ruin professional sports for me... Seeing how wide the gap is getting between so many players and fans is only getting wider. Players have no sense of reality and they constantly bash on fans like "they don't understand" or are acting "ridiculous". It widens the gap for me.

I think social media has brought sports and players success and celebrity to an all time high, but I think it is wearing on people quickly. It is the norm now to have this incredible outspokenness from every player in every sport and it frustrates me, am I the only one?

I think it surprises me how much of a disconnect players have from the world. It seems like many players don't think of fans as people on the same plain as they are, and with social media it's obvious. The stupidity displayed by players sometimes cannot be missed.

Players also seem to think that they need to rant and rave about everything that is wrong with the world like it is doing some kind of good. Like they have so many struggles and difficulties that need attention, but they aren't trying to better the situation for anyone but themselves. They aren't concerned about people and fans they are concerned about their situation.

Here I am complaining about them... obviously not all players are this way and many players do really good things for communities and people. I just think eventually the soap opera is going to be too much and I'll have to turn it off for good.

Does anyone really love social media when it comes to sports? Anybody think it is some great thing? Why?

^if you cared about our eyes^

"Lebron James has thoughts and feelings about the player/fan/team dynamic and they differ from mine so I find him annoying. He should just play basketball and never use his platform to speak his mind. If these players continue to have opinions on anything other than playing basketball im going to stop watching the NBA"

No, there is no set amount of sentences to the size of paragraphs.

^if you cared about our eyes^

I knew someone would bring this up as I was typing it, and I figured I didn't really care. I was ranting from my phone, not typing an essay. Anyway, I'm glad you were sort of able to follow along.

Congratulations for the most ironic post of the year