What's new

Sorry Jazz fans – Ben is the NBA Rookie of the Year

People seems to forget that Philly was tanking those years, any reference on Simmons's impact on the performance of the 76's is useless because they were losing games on purpose.

Not quite. The guys they chucked on the court were not losing intentionally. But granted most were not NBA calibre players so it's a moot point. I definitely wasn't implying he is worth 42 wins by himself :)

If Ben Simmons was on this Utah Jazz team, we would play an entirely different system in fact Ben Simmons would be the system, he is one of very few players who you can build a system around. Only other players in the league you would build your system around (not team, system) are Lebron, Westbrook and Giannis. You can build a team around a lot of players like Harden, Curry, Durant and Kawhi but they can fit into any system, its just a matter of finding the best system and players to suit their strengths. The reason Simmons is more likely to be successful like Lebron and unlike Giannis and Westbrook is he has a far greater IQ and is a better defender and he literally only needs a semi decent jump shot to become a higher IQ and better defensive player than Westbrook. Which is an insanely high level.
I think best case for Simmon's is Giannis.

You might eventually build something around Simmons but not right now.

We saw one clear advantage Mitchell has over Simmons tonight.
The only advantage he has over simmons is he is much much more selfish than Simmons. Balls not dropping and he still kept shooting. He is a selfish chucker.
10 from 26 field goals and 0 from 7 for 3s. Favours and Rubio were better players tonight.

Last edited:
^ This guy doesnt watch the Jazz and did not watch the game tonight.

Yes I.watched the match. He missed a simple.dunk
and missed all 7 3s. Also one of his layup.in the 4th quarter was cleanly blocked, but the ref gave him 2 three throws instead.

Yes I.watched the match. He missed a simple.dunk
and missed all 7 3s. Also one of his layup.in the 4th quarter was cleanly blocked, but the ref gave him 2 three throws instead.

GTFOH

Yes he kept shooting... made several clutch shots... 13 in the 4th. 5 at the end of the third.

Not all NBA players can pass and defer the skilled work to others.

The jazz would have lost without Rubio and Favours'
performances.

Its impressive that your arguments keep getting worse. But I guess you gotta reach to try and knock on a player after another big playoff performance.

Its not an either/or. Just because someone else played well does not mean someone else played bad. Every basketball game you could pick a couple players that you would have lost without. Favors and Rubio were also great this game.

Also I like that you have decided to misspell Favors name the British way.

The only advantage he has over simmons is he is much much more selfish than Simmons. Balls not dropping and he still kept shooting. He is a selfish chucker.
10 from 26 field goals and 0 from 7 for 3s. Favours and Rubio were better players tonight.
Your stupidity boggles the mind.

Donovan's stretch from the end of the third on was one of the great playoff performances of all time. Simmons should hope for something like that in his career.

People still feeding the troll.

Trolls gonna troll.

Reactions: UB
Simmons is 7 feet tall now lol.

How could Simmons deal with Mitchell’s 75 inch vertical doe?

Simple he puts on I believe I can fly, then enjoys in aw like the rest of us average folks
I think guys get a bump in endorsement money on their existing contracts. Not sure if DM has that but it is a money thing for Ben.

I agree with the sentiment. It doesn’t mean much long term.

I also think we will see how Ben does in the playoffs as the top guy on a scouting report and see exactly how much being a non shooter will hurt him. There is a chance it is ugly.
Don't think DM will have any problems getting endorsements.
So much **** being said in this thread. Mitchell is ridiculous as a rookie but Simmons is on much higher level. The two are not comparable and half the suggestions as to why Mitchell is more deserving in this thread are a flat out insult to Mitchells team mates. With the exception of Embid no other player in the sixers starting line up is better than any other player in the Jazz starting line up and even then Embiid is only marginally better than Gobert. Any talk that Simmons has an advantage in this area is ridiculous as they don't come close, Mitchell is surrounded by far better players. The only real advantage Simmons has is he is surrounded by more shooters and to a certain extent that does help his assist numbers but that doesn't mean their better shooters score on every look Simmons creates for them. While a big reason as to why Simmons is surrounded by better shooters is he is worth being built around and is one of only a handful of guys in the league who it is worth building a team around. Simmons is a game changer and that is far more important than Mitchell who is clutch, Mitchell has the potential to get close to Simmons level in this area but to do that he needs to shoot pull up 3's at a greater percentage (currently shoots them around 30%). Needs to be able to shoot them at Dame levels.

Anyhow the biggest problem I have with this Mitchell ROY debate is the lack of respect it gives to Ingles and Rubio who are actually the more important players for our offense. They are the ones who run the offense, yes Mitchell scores more points but the offense is run through Ingles and Rubio and they do a better job of setting up their team mates than Mitchell does while also scoring at an efficient rate. Over time Mitchell will get better at running the offense and scoring more efficiently but for the time being he is still a rookie and has work to do before he is running the offense and not just scoring.
Who is the offense run through in crunch time? Not Ben Simmons. They can't give their pg the ball during that time and he's usually none existent. Mitchell on the other hand runs the O in crunch time, why? You ask, because he's not a liability and has proven to be clutch. If Simmons doesn't fix this he will be exposed as the years go by. There's a reason MCW is barely a blip on the radar, because he has obvious flaws, and Simmons same flaws are more glaring. I'm not saying MCW is a better player or even close in talent, but next year the book on Simmons will be out on him and he better improve fast.
What's mitchells flaws in his game? Very little. What's Simmons flaws? He cant shoot free throws or literally anything over 10 feet from the basket. Based on that you have a case for the Don to win it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Karl Malone once said that if he were 0-20 shooting he'd put up 20 more shots. Thank god Mitchell kept shooting to lead us to victory
The jazz would have lost without Rubio and Favours'
performances.
Take out Mitchell and it doesn't matter what they did. A lot of Favors rebounds happened because of all the attention Mitchell got, and I suspect it helped Rubio having Mitchell on the court. Otherwise defensive attention would've been more on Rubio and Favors. Mitchell helps this team in more ways then some of u troll *** idiots realize!! Also note Mitchell's defense on PG in the fourth quarter. Reminded me of when he guarded Tatum in SL and shut him down.

What a breathtaking performance tonight. Mitchell played like the beast he is. There's no doubt in my mind he doesn't average less then 25 points over the next ten years.

Mitchell destroyed the OKC Thunder on their home court on both ends of the court tonight. He carried the team offensively, lead the team defensively, and was the team leader to respond to a 3 headed all star.

CLUTCH CLUTCH CLUTCH! Ben Sinmons can't touch that! Stat stuffer, sure. But when it comes to the fourth who do you trust more? No question its Spida!!!