What's new

Sorry Jazz fans – Ben is the NBA Rookie of the Year

I'm not sure if any franchise is ever going to be able to work the tank again like Philly. Simmons should have come back last year but they wanted one more high draft pick which only gave Danny Ainge the opportunity to jedi mind trick them ("you really want Markelle Fultz, don't you? Even if I can still pick the player I want at #3 and get Sacramento's 2019 pick you will make this trade and get the NBA's Rick Ankiel - pitcher version. You're not interested in Jayson Tatum or Josh Jackson who would make your team absolutely terrifying."

Still hauling in Embid and Simmons was peak tank.

Ben Simmons versus Donovan Mitchell
Advanced stats versus clutch
Polarizing fan bases that can't accept
Their opinion might be wrong

And just when you think its finished
With Simmons up on top
Spida-Man like a phoenix
Rips out another team's heart

Rookies that both thrive
All around baller versus elite scorer
History will decide

Ben Simmons versus Donovon Mitchell
I can't tell you why
Even the round mound of rebound
Can't make up his mind*

As the season marches on
Breaking records set by legends
There is no right or wrong

There is
No right
Or wrong

To "XTC versus Adam Ant" by They Might Be Giants
*some creative license taken to make it fit the song. Chuck picked Mitchell

No doubt. What did they have 22 turnovers at the half? I just caught that they’d set a new record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simmons might get a quadruple double this game Points, Rebounds, Assists and Turnovers.

Everyone make sure to reply to every positive Ben Simmons tweet by national media and mention he had 7 turnovers. Let’s see if we can out douche philly... it will be tough but I believe in our ability to be aholes

Ben was the best player of the match today again with 17/13/10/4. Wade was the best player in the 2nd match, but Ben was man of the match in 3 matches out of 4. Amazing performance for a rookie.

Last edited:
Ben was the best player of the match today again with 17/13/10/4. He was man of the match in 3 matches out of 4. Amazing perfornance for a rookie.

So many turnovers though... he’s a volume assist guy.

Ben was the best player of the match today again with 17/13/10/4. Wade was the best player in the 2nd match, but Ben was man of the match in 3 matches out of 4. Amazing performance for a rookie.
You missed the other important stat. He nearly pulled down the quad double with 7 TOs. Noice

Simmons has a very high usage rate. The other players on his team dont get many assists. Outside of Embiid they don't have good rebounders either.
So Simmons has a ton of rebounds cause he's a 7 foot guard who get the rebounds his teammates dont get cause they aren't effective. Does that mean he's very good, or are his teammates bad? Maybe both.
Simmons can't shoot, and that is something that you either can or can't do. This is his 2nd year in the NBA it's not like all of the sudden in year 3 he'll just be good. Look at his shot, it isn't smooth and his release is stiff.
Simmons awesome but has major problems with his game. Mitchell has no major flaws in his game. Both players lucked out and happen to play for there perfect matched teams. Both deserve roy. Simmons will win it but it's not entirely fair.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Being a Jazz fan does not mean I have to be biased towards Mitchell. Stats wise Simmons is the better player.

Simmons broke his foot, and it was well documented that he was practicing 5 on 5 with his team by December 2016. Philly knew there was no reason to bring him in mid season on a loosing campaign so they kept him out the rest of the year. However, he was practicing and learning the team, the coach, the organization for over a full year. He could've played for them in January, but what was the point? They kept him out.
D. Mitch, got drafted to a team he was unfamiliar with, didn't get time to learn the team and coach in the way that Simmons got to. Came out with all odds against him and showed the world why he is the best rookie of his class.
To me it seems that Mitchell is the real rookie and the most deserving of all credit.

What's your point? DM has been our best in both games, and probably will be again tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubio was jazz's best player in the 3rd game. He was probably rhe best player in the 2nd game as well

Last edited:
I fully concede...Simmons is the best 2nd year rookie this season.

Simmons has a very high usage rate. The other players on his team dont get many assists. Outside of Embiid they don't have good rebounders either.
So Simmons has a ton of rebounds cause he's a 7 foot guard who get the rebounds his teammates dont get cause they aren't effective. Does that mean he's very good, or are his teammates bad? Maybe both.
Simmons can't shoot, and that is something that you either can or can't do. This is his 2nd year in the NBA it's not like all of the sudden in year 3 he'll just be good. Look at his shot, it isn't smooth and his release is stiff.
Simmons awesome but has major problems with his game. Mitchell has no major flaws in his game. Both players lucked out and happen to play for there perfect matched teams. Both deserve roy. Simmons will win it but it's not entirely fair.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Simmons: 17 points on 13 shots and with 10 assists Mitchell: 22 points on 20 shots and with 2 assists Do you understand?