What's new

Start Mitchell at the Point.

If anything, the Jazz should get players who can take the ball out of his hands a bit and help him be a more efficient player.

Yep, so put guys around him who can shoot instead of Bricky and Do Me a Favors Learn to Shoot. We know Gobert can't shoot but his other qualities make him worth keeping around.

Play him at PG, keep the same usage, and surround him better.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Spoiler alert, it won't matter how it looks. Cy gonna want DM back at sg and Rubio back at point guard.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
The team is better with Rubio at PG this season. It's a statistically backed fact. You morons can drool over a one game sample, but there more than 1 game has been played this season.

Not only that, Mitchell's stats are better this season (and were last season as well) with Rubio on the court vs Rubio off the court.

But spoiler alert for you: Yes, the Jazz are going to look great these next couple of weeks (and rest of the season). It won't be because Mitchell is the PG, it's going to be because the schedule is home heavy and easy.

Did I say Royce O'Neale was going to shoot 12 threes every game? It's just a big step for a guy who has been hesitant to shoot at times.

And I'm not wrong on any of this.

Again, point out any time I said DM cant be a successful PG in the NBA. You're adopting Lopo level of being a moron by taking the "Mitchell shouldn't be the PG" argument completely out of context.

Mmmkay... “making DM a pg would be moronic”

Then dm plays pg and the offense is really good in two straight games... “guys I never said he can’t be a successful pg”

I may have misunderstood what you meant but when you say it’d be moronic to make him a pg then declare you never said anything that can or should be interpreted as DM can’t play pg and anyone who interprets it that way is a moron... Then wtf you trying to say then... I’m done man you’re the worst.

I’m tired of seeing Mitchell just stand in the corner for more than one possession in a row. We’ve seen him get in a rhythm having the ball every single time, and setting up the offense every time. He’s very much a rhythm player, which is why he’s so much better in the second half, as he does run the offense a lot more later in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmmkay... “making DM a pg would be moronic”

Then dm plays pg and the offense is really good in two straight games... “guys I never said he can’t be a successful pg”

I may have misunderstood what you meant but when you say it’d be moronic to make him a pg then declare you never said anything that can or should be interpreted as DM can’t play pg and anyone who interprets it that way is a moron... Then wtf you trying to say then... I’m done man you’re the worst.
You know I was much more nuanced about the Mitchell at PG vs SG than that. We discussed it in great detail in this thread: https://jazzfanz.com/threads/if-not-rubio-then-what.98560/

I know you read it because you responded throughout. So you are currently just boiling down my thoughts to something you can argue against and win, just like Lopo does because he has nothing else.

I’m tired of seeing Mitchell just stand in the corner for more than one possession in a row. We’ve seen him get in a rhythm having the ball every single time, and setting up the offense every time. He’s very much a rhythm player, which is why he’s so much better in the second half, as he does run the offense a lot more later in the game.

Every player does this. It's called rest. You can't be on-ball every player running the offense, again, unless you are James Harden/Westbrook and want to be burnt out come playoff time and have terrible off-ball and defensive habits.

Every player does this. It's called rest. You can't be on-ball every player running the offense, again, unless you are James Harden/Westbrook and want to be burnt out come playoff time and have terrible off-ball and defensive habits.

Well I was exaggerating a little, but I’ve seen him go tons of possessions during long stretches where he’s barely involved in the offense because Rubio and Ingles are taking their turn at running the offense (too many hands in the cookie jar) that when he does get the ball he feels he needs to force the issue instead of letting the game come to him, but does the exact opposite when he’s starting or being the primary ball handler for long stretches.

I don’t feel the need to shoot out numbers. I see this with my own GD eyes. Eyes don’t lie, numbers do

Cy, nobody is saying that we should play Mitchell at PG 48 minutes per game. We arent even saying he should play PG the whole time he is in the game.

We are just saying that we should start DM at PG and play him there more than we have so far.

As I stated above. I was exaggerating a bit, but he needs the ball more than he’s been getting playing with Rubio and Ingles. Last night was a good mix of DM running the show, and Ingles being the secondary offensive setter. All I know is things opened up for Mitchell and created more open threes then Rubio has as the starting pg because no one guards him 100% of the time.

With Rubio there’s less to think about when choosing how to guard Rubio, but with Mitchell. You either suck in when he drives giving teammates easy open threes or let Mitchell drive the lane, and score, and if he misses Gobert or Favors is there for the easy outback.

The team is better with Rubio at PG this season. It's a statistically backed fact. You morons can drool over a one game sample, but there more than 1 game has been played this season.

Not only that, Mitchell's stats are better this season (and were last season as well) with Rubio on the court vs Rubio off the court.

But spoiler alert for you: Yes, the Jazz are going to look great these next couple of weeks (and rest of the season). It won't be because Mitchell is the PG, it's going to be because the schedule is home heavy and easy.
The reason wouldn't matter.
We could go on a 50 game winning streak with all 50 in the road and all back to back with all opponents being the warriors, bucks, raptors, nuggets and the rest of the top teams and your heels would still be firmly planted in place. It's just who you are. And that's ok. I like you.

We could go on a 50 game winning streak with all 50 in the road and all back to back with all opponents being the warriors, bucks, raptors, nuggets and the rest of the top teams and your heels would still be firmly planted in place. It's just who you are. And that's ok. I like you.

That's entirely untrue.

I have no idea why you say that. The stats backup that the team is better than Rubio. The stats backup that Mitchell plays better with Rubio. You act like I just say **** (like some people do) regardless of evidence.

You’re the one doing this. You keep saying we want the ball in his hand everytime, that’s not what we are saying, just want him as the full time pg like any other full time starting pg. and Ingles is there to take some of the pressure off him and give him a chance to catch his breath, but with Ingles and Rubio on the court he doesn’t touch it nearly enough.

Cy, nobody is saying that we should play Mitchell at PG 48 minutes per game. We arent even saying he should play PG the whole time he is in the game.

We are just saying that we should start DM at PG and play him there more than we have so far.

The jazz have played 2 terrible teams. What happened against Milwaukee?

You’re the one doing this. You keep saying we want the ball in his hand everytime, that’s not what we are saying, just want him as the full time pg like any other full time starting pg. and Ingles is there to take some of the pressure off him and give him a chance to catch his breath, but with Ingles and Rubio on the court he doesn’t touch it nearly enough.

Haha thought you were Cy for whatever reason.

Frankly I’m confused by the argument that he’d get too tired as the starting pg. why is it fine for your normal every day starting pg, but if DM starts at pg he will be too tired and wear out.

Against Milwaukee we led almost the entire game silly. Despite it being the end of a 4 game road trip and our 3rd game in 4 nights and the bucks were rested and we were shorthanded. And again, we were leading for almost the entire game. The refs boned us pretty hard in the 4th quarter and the schedule and lack of depth made us run out of gas.

This is from the bucks game.

The blue represents when the jazz had the lead

Screenshot_20190112-125643__01.jpeg

Jazz were never down by more than 5 until way late in the 4th quarter and as you can see they led for the majority of the game and had a pretty big lead for a lot of it.

So ya, even against the bucks we played quite well.

Against Milwaukee we led almost the entire game silly. Despite it being the end of a 4 game road trip and our 3rd game in 4 nights and the bucks were rested and we were shorthanded. And again, we were leading for almost the entire game. The refs boned us pretty hard in the 4th quarter and the schedule and lack of depth made us run out of gas.

Cmon mate Donovan had 1 assist 7 turnovers. I actually I think if I can remember the bucks the bucks played in 3 games in 4 days as well. Look Donovan has been great last 2 games. But it's been against poor opposition. I would've been more impressed if LeBron played. Lastly LeBron should be mvp!!!

Cmon mate Donovan had 1 assist 7 turnovers. I actually I think if I can remember the bucks the bucks played in 3 games in 4 days as well. Look Donovan has been great last 2 games. But it's been against poor opposition. I would've been more impressed if LeBron played. Lastly LeBron should be mvp!!!

A. Jazz always beat LeBron.
B. I noticed you mentioned Donovan's assists and turnovers but left out his 26 points and 50% shooting from three.
C. Neto played 30 minutes that game so DM wasn't playing pg much
D. The bucks were much more rested as they had played 4 games in 7 nights. All 4 games were at home too
Screenshot_20190112-130444__01.jpeg