What's new

Stephen Jackson calls out Utah fans now.

I like how the words of a scumbag like Steven Jackson are supposed to carry any water.
I mean, there is visual evidence in his case.....

Do you not see the racial connotations in putting a black man in a prison suit? It's equivalent of when European soccer arenas throw bananas at black players. The message is clear.

Last edited:
Except that dude is sitting next to people. Unless he is some sort of master level ventriloquist. I call bunk on this. Remember that NC player that accused Britton Johnson of dropping racial slurs on him? It was a lie he made up because a backwater white dude kicked his ***. Britton suffered for it. The guy making it up didn't.

I honestly have thought this for much of the series. Westbrick and Crymelo, and George to a lesser degree, have looked angry and get so worked up at **** I couldn’t help but wonder if they feel or felt so racially charged, as if they were getting beaten by a bunch of white guys. All white fans, Ingles, Jerebko, Rubio and Gobert might as well be...

With the Westbrook thing it actually is on video though. We actually know that the security guard knows what was said and we know that fans get kicked out for saying racist things.

Look, what happened here is a fan said “how are your ankles” to Westbrook. Another fan filmed him with his phone. Are either of those things racist? Imo the answer is no (though maybe talking about a black persons ankles is in fact racist in many peoples eyes). Then based off those incidents Westbrook claims that Utah fans are racist.

Wonder why any of us would have a problem with that.
Dog, he didnt slap the guys camera because he said anything. He slapped it away because the dude stuck it right in his face. There are hundreds of people yelling at him at every moment. Him lashing out at someone is probably a culmination of comments and not any one thing. Is it the right thing to do? No, but it's understandable.

And Westbrook never said **** about race. He said "Utah fans say a lot of disrespectful, vulgar things". The fact that people are now inserting race into what Russ said just shows how insecure a lot of y'all are about being racist.

Last edited:
Except that dude is sitting next to people. Unless he is some sort of master level ventriloquist. I call bunk on this. Remember that NC player that accused Britton Johnson of dropping racial slurs on him? It was a lie he made up because a backwater white dude kicked his ***. Britton suffered for it. The guy making it up didn't.
Re-calibrate your sarcasm meter.

I see the word thug used for white people more than anyone.
Go to you tube and search thug life videos and get back to me on what you see.
OK bud. You can ignore the obvious trends and stick to what you want, but people will take what you are saying a certain way because of it.

Do you not see the racial connotations in putting a black man in a prison suit? It's equivalent of when European soccer arenas throw bananas at black players. The message is clear.

Aren’t there white, hispanic, Polynesian, Asian etc people in prison too? Seems kinda racist for someone to think a prison suit has anything to do with black people specifically.

Do you not see the racial connotations in putting a black man in a prison suit?
I have issues with how the criminal justice system disproportionately puts blacks in prison, mostly due to the failed war on drugs.

I have no issues with a guy who decided it was fine to fire a gun in public and pled guilty to a felony to be in a prison jumpsuit.

Dog, he didnt slap the guys camera because he said anything. He slapped it away because the dude stuck it right in his face. There are hundreds of people yelling at him at every moment. Him lashing out at someone is probably a culmination of comments and not any one thing. Is it the right thing to do? No, but it's understandable.

And Westbrook never said **** about race. He said "Utah fans say a lot of disrespectful, vulgar things". The fact that people are now inserting race into what Russ said just shows how insecure a lot of y'all are about being racist.
He did not stick it "right in his face." Unless your sense of depth perception is just that poor.

I have issues with how the criminal justice system disproportionately puts blacks in prison, mostly due to the failed war on drugs.

I have no issues with a guy who decided it was fine to fire a gun in public and pled guilty to a felony to be in a prison jumpsuit.
Uhh, why dont you? He didnt serve jail time. It was described as self-defense, you know, the purpose of having a gun. The man he was trying to protect himself from hit him with a car and was sentenced to two years in jail. Wouldnt you say it seems like Jackson had some justification? He paid a fine and did community service.

He did not stick it "right in his face." Unless your sense of depth perception is just that poor.

That crosses a boundary of personal space imo. Fans should not be reaching out and over that far to players. The NBA should have better security to deal with these people to keep them from doing such.

I really do pity you if you are this ignorant.

I seriously pity you if you see racism everywhere you look.
Stephen Jackson’s action on and off the court are the reason for sign. Not his skin color.

Do you think the fan would have made the same sign for Tim Duncan, tony Allen, Ray Allen, Paul pierce, etc etc etc? I don’t.

Definitely could imagine the same sign being made for bill laimbeer though.

So you think that how’s your ankles and filming with a phone are saying disrespectful and vulgar things? I pity you if you think that’s the case.

Uhh, why dont you? He didnt serve jail time. It was described as self-defense, you know, the purpose of having a gun. The man he was trying to protect himself from hit him with a car and was sentenced to two years in jail. Wouldnt you say it seems like Jackson had some justification? He paid a fine and did community service.
He didn't serve jail time as part of his plea. That doesn't make the crime any less jail/prison worthy. Firing a gun in the air is hardly self defense. And it's also dangerous. They actually don't vanish in the air and will actually land. It can actually kill people.

If it was actually self defense, there's no need for a plea.

Let's not forget his whole role in the Palace brawl as well. Lots of "self-defense" going on there. Oh yeah, he was on probation for that as well.

I seriously pity you if you see racism everywhere you look.
Stephen Jackson’s action on and off the court are the reason for sign. Not his skin color.

Do you think the fan would have made the same sign for Tim Duncan, tony Allen, Ray Allen, Paul pierce, etc etc etc? I don’t.

Definitely could imagine the same sign being made for bill laimbeer though.
The legal and the prison system are clearly racially motivated. Your comment is pretty embarrassing. If you want a pretty clear cut example, just look at the history of law enforcement on crack vs cocaine.

I don't see racism everywhere, but I do think critically about race and it's affects on society. Do I agree with everything people see as racist? No, but in this case I see it.