What's new

Stephen Jackson calls out Utah fans now.

He did not stick it "right in his face." Unless your sense of depth perception is just that poor.
Come on now....that guy stuck that too far out at Russ, period.

As far as the rest of the conversations. Hecklings fine, but there’s no reason to even come close to the lines really. You can be an annoyance, a great fan, a good heckler, and get under players skins without being disrespectful or even close to that line at any point. And if anyone’s crossing the line you should have security talk to them or tell them to shut up. I agree there’s 10 idiots in every crowd but 10 idiots is too much. If the number is so small then security should be able to take care of it on a nightly basis.

That crosses a boundary of personal space imo. Fans should not be reaching out and over that far to players. The NBA should have better security to deal with these people to keep them from doing such.

Whether it crosses your arbitrary boundary of personal space, the objective analysis is that it wasn't in his face. Not until Westbrook turns and acts like the bitch that he is. This fan did nothing most fans do, but the difference is that most NBA players aren't little bitches like Westbrook is and they continue to go down the aisle.

That Westbrook reaction cracks me up. I mean, I understand it. It's literally been 10 seconds since his team got eliminated. GET THAT **** OUT OF MY FACE. lmao.

Agreed.
I don’t have an issue with Westbrook getting upset at the phone incident.

He didn't serve jail time as part of his plea. That doesn't make the crime any less jail/prison worthy. Firing a gun in the air is hardly self defense. And it's also dangerous. They actually don't vanish in the air and will actually land. It can actually kill people.

If it was actually self defense, there's no need for a plea.

Let's not forget his whole role in the Palace brawl as well. Lots of "self-defense" going on there. Oh yeah, he was on probation for that as well.
Uhh, people plea to things all the time that they shouldnt have to, but they do it as a less risky option. Please dont use that line of thinking.

He got into a fight. Big deal, people get into fights all the time. Have you never gotten into a fight?

Whether it crosses your arbitrary boundary of personal space, the objective analysis is that it wasn't in his face. Not until Westbrook turns and acts like the bitch that he is. This fan did nothing most fans do, but the difference is that most NBA players aren't little bitches like Westbrook is and they continue to go down the aisle.
Acts like a bitch? He hit a phone out of his face. I would do the same thing if someone came up to me and stuck a phone that close to me to record me.

As far as the rest of the conversations. Hecklings fine, but there’s no reason to even come close to the lines really. You can be an annoyance, a great fan, a good heckler, and get under players skins without being disrespectful or even close to that line at any point. And if anyone’s crossing the line you should have security talk to them or tell them to shut up. I agree there’s 10 idiots in every crowd but 10 idiots is too much. If the number is so small then security should be able to take care of it on a nightly basis.
No he didn't. Most players deal with that stuff all the time in NBA games. In this case the camera was at least a foot and a half from his head. He could have ignored it just fine.

Here's the distance of the camera from Westbrook's head before he acts like his bitch self:

coqd7oX.png

He is in no danger, zero, zlich, nada, jack of getting hit with the camera until he acts like himself and goes off.

No he didn't. Most players deal with that stuff all the time in NBA games. In this case the camera was at least a foot and a half from his head. He could have ignored it just fine.

Here's the distance of the camera from Westbrook's head before he acts like his bitch self:

coqd7oX.png

He is in no danger, zero, zlich, nada, jack of getting hit with the camera until he acts like himself and goes off.

His season had just ended. He probably heard taunts and saw that phone 2 feet from his face. It's not a big deal. I don't know why we're still talking about so trivial an incident.

Uhh, people plea to things all the time that they shouldnt have to, but they do it as a less risky option. Please dont use that line of thinking.

He got into a fight. Big deal, people get into fights all the time. Have you never gotten into a fight?
They also plea all the time because there is a lilkihood they will get convicted of the charge. Poor people plead more often to avoid the expense of a trial. Jackson was not in that category at the time.

I don't give a damn about the fight. I care that he fired bullets in the air in an urban area. That's very dangerous.

The legal and the prison system are clearly racially motivated. Your comment is pretty embarrassing. If you want a pretty clear cut example, just look at the history of law enforcement on crack vs cocaine.
I don’t disagree with this. But why automatically assume the fan made the sign based on race? Would the fan have made the same sign for Lillard? Durant? Steph? Shaq? I don’t think so cause they don’t behave like a convict. They all have darker skin though. I could totally see the fan making the same poster for a bill laimbeer type player though because of his actions.
I remember people calling Stockton a gangster cause he played rough/dirty. I don’t think it was simply cause he is white.

coqd7oX.png

Why does the guy need to lean over and stick his arm out to record something he can do from his seat? Westbrook sees someone reach out to him from the corner of his eye and he reacts appropriately. There should be security to prevent fans from reaching over the rails to players.

Fine. So Westbrook should have said “that one fan is an ******* for filming me with his phone” instead of calling out the Utah fan base for being vulgar.

I don’t disagree with this. But why automatically assume the fan made the sign based on race? Would the fan have made the same sign for Lillard? Durant? Steph? Shaq? I don’t think so cause they don’t behave like a convict. They all have darker skin though. I could totally see the fan making the same poster for a bill laimbeer type player though because of his actions.
I remember people calling Stockton a gangster cause he played rough/dirty. I don’t think it was simply cause he is white.
Look, you can go on with this line of thinking all you want. It's a free world. I'm just telling you how it comes off. If you dont care about how it comes off, then w/e.

Fine. So Westbrook should have said “that one fan is an ******* for filming me with his phone” instead of calling out the Utah fan base for being vulgar.
He played three 48 minute games. He probably had a number of things said to him. I dont think he was referencing one singular moment.

Who knows. I'm not his psychologist. Regardless it wasn't in his face, and this happens at NBA arenas all the time.

What it doesn't happen to is temperamental players who just lost an elimination game.

His season had just ended. He probably heard taunts and saw that phone 2 feet from his face. It's not a big deal. I don't know why we're still talking about so trivial an incident.

We wouldn’t be talking about it but due to Westbrook, and now Jackson, making things much more than they are we are talking about it and other things.

We wouldn’t be talking about it but due to Westbrook, and now Jackson, making things much more than they are we are talking about it and other things.

Westbrook said nothing about race tho. He said fans made disrespectful comments. Which is probably true. Some people make it their job to find racism in everything. /shrug

Why does the guy need to lean over and stick his arm out to record something he can do from his seat? Westbrook sees someone reach out to him from the corner of his eye and he reacts appropriately. There should be security to prevent fans from reaching over the rails to players.

What Westbrook did there was fine imo. Did Westbrook need to call out the whole fan base for being disrespectful and vulgar based off that incident though?

He played three 48 minute games. He probably had a number of things said to him. I dont think he was referencing one singular moment.

Fair enough. Do you think the okc fans were lil sweethearts to crowder, gobert, Rubio, etc? I dont

What Westbrook did there was fine imo. Did Westbrook need to call out the whole fan base for being disrespectful and vulgar based off that incident though?

We are disrespectful and vulgar. Just wait till Hayward comes to town. I'm gonna try to get close enough seats so I can heckle him all game.