What's new

Stock Picks

Those are definitely issues, Bitcoin isn't designed well for everyday transactions to compete with mastercard and the like. Thus the creation of alternatives like litecoin.

Also there are people spreading rumors that mining is not worth it, to keep you from mining. If you'd had mined just 15 min a day for a few years you'd be a millionaire right now. Monero is designed to be mined by personal computers instead of ASICs like Bitcoin. There was an argument in the bitcoin community about speeding it up to compete with mastercard, some wanted to keep it the way it was, others split off and developed Bitcoin Cash to be the standard bearer for quick small transactions.

Anyway man, the beauty of cryptos is, you don't like them don't use them! Simple, it isnt being forced. But I say this, the dot com boom busted yes? Is the internet still around and as important as ever? Yeah. Real Estate crashed but houses still standing. It's the debt that built up around them and inflation encouraged by the federal reserve that created those monsters by creating free money that has to go somewhere. Don't blame the free market, blame those handing out trillion dollar loans with no interest, these central planners who have a hand in the market called the Federal Reserve - which isn't federal anymore than Fed Ex nor have they have a reserve.

But the dotcom bust and real estate bust were forced on the people. Probably over 90% of mutual funds are loaded withe exposure to these bubbles. Most 401ks are limited to the funds they allow you to choose from, which are mostly now stacked with Banks(all kinds, mortgage derivatives) and Oil. They limit your freedom to choose and force the sheep into their games.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think bitcoin will be gone in 10-15 years.
but cryptocurrency is here to stay.

just like myspace and other social website being replaced by facebook.

bitcoin is myspace. some other coin will become king aka the facebook

Way to change the subject.

That's rich for three reasons, poser.

1. You are the one who changed the discussion from Bitch Coin to tech.

2. You changed the post I responded to by deleting it completely and changing it after I responded. Poser.

3. You don't know jack **** about tech to start off, and your claim about tech having something to do with the bitcoin market is utter bull ****. You also didn't mention anything about how our various exchanges and stock markets are already highly secured and have a vested interest in keeping them that way. What technology are (and have been) continuously those companies working on, Poser?

How the **** does someone who has no clue about highly securing data tell someone else they don't know a damn thing about data security? Poser.

Last edited:
That's rich for three reasons, poser.

1. You are the one who changed the discussion from Bitch Coin to tech.

2. You changed the post I responded to by deleting it completely and changing it after I responded. Poser.

3. You don't know jack **** about tech to start off, and your claim about tech having something to do with the bitcoin market is utter bull ****. You also didn't mention anything about how our various exchanges and stock markets are already highly secured and have a vested interest in keeping them that way. What technology are (and have been) continuously those companies working on, Poser?

How the **** does someone who has no clue about highly securing data tell someone else they don't know a damn thing about data security? Poser.

Lol on so many levels.

I’ll respond to this garbage tomorrow or whenever I have enough energy. You too GF. Not avoiding. Have the flu. **** kids.

Interesting tidbit - there are far fewer public companies now than there were 10-15 years ago. Private equity is big. I was just talking with my broker and he mentioned that the Russell 5000 index but that's gone now because there aren't even 5,000 public companies. Now the broadest index is the Russell 3,000 which represents 98% of the public companies.

Here is a good potential speculative play: https://www.midasgoldcorp.com/

Not a current producing gold mine, You're welcome. I don't own any shares but wish I did.

It's leveraged to the price of gold because at current gold spot prices, it's not likely very profitable, at higher gold prices, all of a sudden it's very profitable and stock will pop demanding a higher % move in share price compared to mines that are profitable at current gold price) so it's leveraged to the price of gold, on top of all miners already being leveraged to the spot prices, a $1 increase in spot gold price might mean another $1 Million added in revenue because that $1 apply to a million ounces of AU

What makes this gold mine unique is it's by product antimony. Strategically important deposit for the USA because something like 85% of antimony production comes from China and it's an important metal. If one day they stop exporting it, then the rest of the world would be without.

Edit: also it's located in USA, big plus because latin american mines are prone to road blocks, theft, and all sorts of other malarkey. When this stock is over $5 I'll come back and bump this post.

Oh and yes... I bought some Intel... and then Spectre and... let’s not talk about it

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

invested in the nasdaq 100 so I have intel exposure. AMD tho!

They imply they aren't as impacted as Intel with the backdoors, some say otherwise, but one thing I know for sure, graphics cards are flying of the shelve these days with the crytpo mining revolution, chip makers should be solid plays.

This will be a temporary setback for Intel. Now is probably the perfect time to buy more.

But I don't play the stocks, so don't listen to anything I say.

Intel is only up 10% this morning, or about 23 Billion

If you're brave, short Microsoft, or at least sell if you own any.
Windows 10 is pushing people to Linux and people are discovering, wow this is free, easy, and it works! Microsoft is a huge bully, it's more evident than ever. Windows 10 is a virus is the funny part. You want a virus for an operating system? Install Ubuntu is great advice.

Windows 10 is pushing people to Linux and people are discovering, wow this is free, easy, and it works! Microsoft is a huge bully, it's more evident than ever. Windows 10 is a virus is the funny part. You want a virus for an operating system? Install Ubuntu is great advice.
Microsoft is too involved in the enterprise space though. Not sure there's enough of a movement. Plus Office365 is becoming a cash cow. I don't see a long-term decline here yet? ;)

I agree. Not being able to turn off updates is driving me crazy. It always ends up in long updates. I think they are trying to keep looking like open source while they actually try to become something like macOS which is as closed as it gets.

We're having problems with 365, 99% of our email users are unable to access email. We never had problems like this with exchange. It has given us many issues this last year syncing up creds with Active Directory

What I want to know is if there's a place I can short Tether.

Obviously all the bitcoin experts in here will know where I can make this trade.

Bitcoin has fallen past where it was in early December 2017 :oops: @~9K a coin

If i have to guess Bitcoin will be like myspace, it was the first but it's not the best

I'm more interested in it's split Bitcoin Cash, LiteCoin, Ether etc

All of these articles are beside the point. These cryptos are a threat to state sovereignty, are backed by nothing, and are simply nothing more than speculators of the infowars anti-fiat types dreaming they can sell them for a massive profit some day. I'm surprised that congress hasn't already moved to outlaw them based on some sort of constitutional principles language.

Giving the control over the fluctuation of currency to the masses is a recipe for disaster just as much as turning control of the military over to a simple democratic majority vote.

What I want to know is if there's a place I can short Tether.

Obviously all the bitcoin experts in here will know where I can make this trade.

I don't short but AAPL's drop has been obvious to me ever since t-mobile announced the first iPhone BOGO. Samsung countered and then a seemingly desperate AAPL came back with another BOGO that was more generous IMO. They're seeming overstocked and IphoneX or whatever they're calling it is so overpriced that people are going to hold out on it. A short has seemed logical and that's working pretty well for people.

How long do I keep Walmart...? Ugh. Bought on the first dip after last quarterly earnings and still dropping.