What's new

Stretch 4 conundrum

Of the stretch 4s being discussed who is your preference?

• Total voters
Sure, but $8M is a little steep. Jerebko money, at most. In fact, what does this guy give us that Jerebko doesn’t?

I just added a video to illustrate. I think hes far superior to Jerebko as a shooter/scorer, actually I think hes better in most areas.

Sure, but $8M is a little steep. Jerebko money, at most. In fact, what does this guy give us that Jerebko doesn’t?

He's a better and more willing shooter... less durable and likely worse at everything else.

I think he can be had for less than $8M. I might consider a two year $8m per year deal with second year being a team option.

He is older... just an FYI

They’re both 6’10, Jerebko is one year older (happy birthday, BTW), they both average the same amount of points and rebounds per 36, both shoot the same three point percentage on the same amount of attempts, one is Serbian one is Swed, etc.

I think he can be had for less than $8M. I might consider a two year $8m per year deal with second year being a team option.

He is older... just an FYI

Its not the contract more the thoughts on the player I was chasing and how he would fit... I really like him, the euro background will work great in Quins system.

Yeh, I stated he was 29... having only been in the league 3yrs I wonder if his body is fresher than most 29yr olds...

In Europe he was a career 35.1% from beyond the arc and 70% for FT.

Option number one for a stretch 4... We call NO during draft time and offer our non-guaranteed guys and a second for Niko - so 2 of Thabo/Jerebko/Udoh. They will want to limit their luxury tax liability... Niko hasn't exactly set the world on fire since arriving. I think it has a legit shot at happening.

Option 2... offer non-guranteeds for Wilson Chandler... same premise, but we get a first from the Nuggets (2018 or 19)

Option 3 look at FA... guys like Ariza, Mbah a Moute, Thad Young(if he declines his PO) realize they aren't traditional 4s, but 3 and D wings, Thad not real stretchy buy a playmaker that has some gravity.

Option 4 FA bargain hunting - Hit the bargain bin for an Illyasova/Casspi/Bjelica/Tolliver and pair them with Jerebko.

Don't look to the draft to fill an immediate need. If there is a good option there and he is roughly as good as other options then sure... rookies don't normally contribute. Take best fit within a talent tier.

How about Lindsey just find another Euro dude like Ingles or Royce Oneal?

I still believe Lindsey thought he was coming away from last years draft with Mitchell and Kuzma, and he was only 1 pick away from doing it. Stinking Lakers.

Option number one for a stretch 4... We call NO during draft time and offer our non-guaranteed guys and a second for Niko - so 2 of Thabo/Jerebko/Udoh. They will want to limit their luxury tax liability... Niko hasn't exactly set the world on fire since arriving. I think it has a legit shot at happening.

Option 2... offer non-guranteeds for Wilson Chandler... same premise, but we get a first from the Nuggets (2018 or 19)

Option 3 look at FA... guys like Ariza, Mbah a Moute, Thad Young(if he declines his PO) realize they aren't traditional 4s, but 3 and D wings, Thad not real stretchy buy a playmaker that has some gravity.

Option 4 FA bargain hunting - Hit the bargain bin for an Illyasova/Casspi/Bjelica/Tolliver and pair them with Jerebko.

Don't look to the draft to fill an immediate need. If there is a good option there and he is roughly as good as other options then sure... rookies don't normally contribute. Take best fit within a talent tier.

Scrap the Chandler idea... can't happen because of PO date.

Maybe look hard an Juan Hernangomez can be had at a discount... not getting any time. Denver can't even get Lyles on the court when Millsap is in the rotation.

How about Lindsey just find another Euro dude like Ingles or Royce Oneal?

I still believe Lindsey thought he was coming away from last years draft with Mitchell and Kuzma, and he was only 1 pick away from doing it. Stinking Lakers.

Need to keep a roster spot open for this type of move... don't bank on it working but yeah that is an option. No idea on a target doe.

I don't live in Utah and I'm not Mormon. How big of a distraction would Jabari be? It seems like Mitchell is the perfect "face of the franchise."

Would Jabari be a major distraction? Would there be a Jimmer type mania if he was on the Jazz?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
A recent byu star played against the jazz a few games ago (dallas) and there was literally zero mention of him in the gamethread fwiw.

If we somehow traded to 9-11 in the draft and got Miles Bridges I'd be quite happy.

A recent byu star played against the jazz a few games ago (dallas) and there was literally zero mention of him in the gamethread fwiw.
I’m a BYU alum. Totally unaware of who you’re talking about.

Except centers.

I’m a BYU alum. Totally unaware of who you’re talking about.
Here is clue. He is the all time ncaa leader in triple doubles for a season ( and for a career i believe. i think by a pretty large margin as well) I think he was on the team like 2 or 3 years ago