What's new

Stretch 4 conundrum

Of the stretch 4s being discussed who is your preference?

• Total voters
It takes a year plus about 25 - 40 games to fully come back from an ACL. The Bucks are using Parker correctly and not pushing him. And I think he's been impressive.

The thing is will The Bucks pay him? They are stuck with a ton of contracts for next year already. 50 mil to Giannis, Khris and Bledsoe combined plus another 40 mil to role players Henson, Snell, Teletovic (10 mil against the cap through the summer) and Dellavedova combined. Are they going to re-sign Parker and go into luxury tax land just to win 45 games? Doubtful for a small market team.

Hezonja and Bjelica should be targets this off season.

I think it's all but guaranteed Jazz make a run at Bjelica and he would view Utah as an attractive place to play. Assuming Favors moves on, the starting PF job will be his to lose on day one in a system that much better suited for him.

I think it's all but guaranteed Jazz make a run at Bjelica and he would view Utah as an attractive place to play. Assuming Favors moves on, the starting PF job will be his to lose on day one in a system that much better suited for him.

What makes you say "it's all but guaranteed"? I hadn't heard of this guy until I listened to Locked on podcast after the T'Wolves game. Locke gushed about him. The level of homerism was equivalent to the way Locke talks about Murdock Hyundai. I figured if Locke is trying to sell him, he might know the Jazz have interest.

Seems like he'd be a good fit.

What makes you say "it's all but guaranteed"? I hadn't heard of this guy until I listened to Locked on podcast after the T'Wolves game. Locke gushed about him. The level of homerism was equivalent to the way Locke talks about Murdock Hyundai. I figured if Locke is trying to sell him, he might know the Jazz have interest.

Seems like he'd be a good fit.

Because he'll fit an almost certain need and he's the type of second tier FA that The Jazz have been making runs at for the 20+ years that I've been following them.

Last edited:
Because he'll fit an almost certain need and he's the type of second tier FA that The Jazz have been making runs at for the 20+ years I've been following them.

Is the guy any good on d? For a guy with his size to have such few blocked shots is pretty bad. He’s also not a particularly good rebounder. And I would worry his shooting this season is a bit of an outlier.

I think he is only going to get better with more time learning Quins system. We stay true to our defensive identity and the $$$ he saves us can be used to find an allstar quality wing and resigning Rubio or another allstar quality wing.

I think you are right. The 4 position was one of worry prior to the trade. Now I’m not worried about it at least.

Is the guy any good on d? For a guy with his size to have such few blocked shots is pretty bad. He’s also not a particularly good rebounder. And I would worry his shooting this season is a bit of an outlier.

Yeah, The Jazz definitely lose some rebounding and interior D but they're bound to under virtually any scenario where they replace Favors with player X. But he's averaging 8+ rebounds per since Minnesota moved him into the starting line-up - I think you can more than live with that coupled with a healthy Rudy.

On offense he presents a ton of possibilities and opens up the floor for DM to let loose.

I think he's a guy you can bring in and play 25-28mpg with Jonas/Jae taking the rest of the PF minutes and have a lot of success without breaking the bank.

Draft a guy like Robert Williams and you're pretty much set at the PF position for the next 3 years.

Bjelica is 30. I'm not convinced he's significantly better than any of the guys we'll have under contract next year.

Pass.

Bjelica is 30. I'm not convinced he's significantly better than any of the guys we'll have under contract next year.

Pass.

Yep and his shooting sucked before this season. Why not just keep Crowder (coach him up), JJ and maybe Sef too?

Pass.
He looks like a Jonas Jerebko type. He's be a solid contributor, but here's hoping the Jazz can get more than that.

There is also the draft to solve the stretch 4 conundrum

If you want shooting Killian Tillie makes a lot of sense
Chimzie metu
Johntay Porter
Justin Jackson (next to tillie) one of my favs. Has a 7'3" wing span