What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Also school districts that require coaches also be teachers. It's stupid, and puts so many kids at a disadvantage. It's especially irritating when the head coach of one sport brings all his assistants to coach another sport. If you don't know the sport you have no ****ing business coaching it.

Politics of HS sports. Play the best kids not whose daddy boosted the most.

No the depth chart goes as follows:

1) Coach's kid(s) [regardless of ability level]
2) Kid(s) of the coach's friends/relatives
3) Booster AKA "important" kids
4) The other kids on the team

"Teh" is how I very often mistype "the". Not trying to be clever, just happens. I try to catch it but sometimes I don't.

Sent from my SM-J700P using JazzFanz mobile app

"Teh" is how I very often mistype "the". Not trying to be clever, just happens. I try to catch it but sometimes I don't.

Sent from my SM-J700P using JazzFanz mobile app

This.

I also found myself typing "thnaks" at the end of work emails so frequently that I finally just added the word "Thanks" to my work email signature. It is just how my fingers want to type it for some reason.

Toilet paper rolls that take five minutes to find the start of but won't work right so you end up spending another five minutes trying to figure out where the hell the first ply and the second ply need to match up.

That goes for all packaging: stop trying to make everything so damn safe. How are you protecting a kid from a laffy taffy? They're going to chew through the package anyway.

Toilet paper rolls that take five minutes to find the start of but won't work right so you end up spending another five minutes trying to figure out where the hell the first ply and the second ply need to match up.

That goes for all packaging: stop trying to make everything so damn safe. How are you protecting a kid from a laffy taffy? They're going to chew through the package anyway.

Great one about the TP.
Also, how hard are cd's to get open?

People that care too much about high school sports.

Also people that still care about their HS accomplishments.

Unless you have kids/grandkids/nieces/nephews I agree. If you're making a spectacle out of yourself though, take it down a notch...

People that care too much about high school sports.

Also people that still care about their HS accomplishments.

Hey for some people that is the highest point of their life.

gotta get this posted while it's on my mind - I've had this stupid pet peeve bottled up inside my brain for at least two weeks now...

oversized toilet paper rolls - I've been buying Costco's brand - the toilet paper is just fine and dandy, but when a new roll is put in the holder, it is too overstuffed to properly roll - - and no matter how slowly and carefully you try to get a few sheets, it tears at the first perforation and you just get one sheet at a time - - it doesn't roll easily until about 1/4 of the roll is gone.

yes, it's annoying.

gotta get this posted while it's on my mind - I've had this stupid pet peeve bottled up inside my brain for at least two weeks now...

oversized toilet paper rolls - I've been buying Costco's brand - the toilet paper is just fine and dandy, but when a new roll is put in the holder, it is too overstuffed to properly roll - - and no matter how slowly and carefully you try to get a few sheets, it tears at the first perforation and you just get one sheet at a time - - it doesn't roll easily until about 1/4 of the roll is gone.

yes, it's annoying.

Stop wiping your butt. Problem solved. You are welcome.

yes, it's annoying.

and on a related note - I just had to buy some facial tissues (a/k/a kleenex) and I thought all the boxes they had seemed larger than those I had been buying - and they are - 160 tissues per box rather than 120 tissues, and the new box doesn't fit in my tissue holder.

I am having issues...

Also school districts that require coaches also be teachers. It's stupid, and puts so many kids at a disadvantage. It's especially irritating when the head coach of one sport brings all his assistants to coach another sport. If you don't know the sport you have no ****ing business coaching it.

I don't disagree but things aren't always this black and white. One of my best friends got the head coaching gig at the high school at which he teaches. He got it after one year. Never even played baseball in HS I don't think. But he went to clinics, and watched baseball a lot, and did research. Long story short, he won 20+ games his first 11 years coaching I think.

yes, it's annoying.

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. I don't buy oversized rolls any more for exactly that reason.

I don't disagree but things aren't always this black and white. One of my best friends got the head coaching gig at the high school at which he teaches. He got it after one year. Never even played baseball in HS I don't think. But he went to clinics, and watched baseball a lot, and did research. Long story short, he won 20+ games his first 11 years coaching I think.

The difference here is your buddy had some sweat equity in it. The coaches I'm referring to are only there for a check. It's irritating because there are some damn good players on the team and others with a lot of potential but they get virtually zero coaching. The principals kid, a senior, got hosed in the Championship(different) game but the coach that did it is still on staff. It's mind boggling. If the same head coach is there next season my nephew will not play. Fortunately for my nephew he's playing on a travel team out of California at multiple tournaments so he'll get some exposure and potential interest from college scouts. The team he's on now, few if any, will get scholarship offers.

and on a related note - I just had to buy some facial tissues (a/k/a kleenex) and I thought all the boxes they had seemed larger than those I had been buying - and they are - 160 tissues per box rather than 120 tissues, and the new box doesn't fit in my tissue holder.

I am having issues...

I think it is a conspiracy of the highest order. Where is babe?

Who opens CDs? I have not bought a CD since the 90s. I have bought more 8 tracks for my old Bronco than CDs in the last 15 years.
Last year I bought all of Pantera albums on cd.
I have a cd player in my truck that I use often. I also use pandora and listen to am and fm radio. Have a bunch of cd's in my truck that I listen to often.

My previous vehicle (that I trade in last october) had a 6 disc cd changer and it always had 6 cd's in it.

But that is all beside the point... new cd's are hard as **** to open.