What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

I can only watch movies at home naked in the pitch black with a huge bag of cheetoes and whoppers. Yes the cleanup can be daunting.

And apparently I am not as well versed on the taste of ball sweat as you are. I will take your word for it.

Trying to convince your wife that your package is huge compared to a cheeto and two whoppers? Gangsta move.

Anyone who uses an IMDb score to judge movies is dumb. Go see it for yourself.

I mean, I get if something is getting lower than a 2, but 5 and above usually mean the movie is of some quality potential and subject to personal opinion.

There have been plenty of movies that have had poor critical acclaim and have been very good or enjoyable movies.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

This is dumb as **** on so many levels.

Par for the course though.

This is a Thai movie by one of my favourite directors that was out of this world, it was absolutely mesmerizing.

It won the Palme d'Or in 2010 (highest prize at Cannes).

It got a 6.6 at IMDb.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1588895/

Having said that, generally IMDb rating does seem to give the score of what a 'general audience' would rate a movie... however if you know your taste isn't all that 'general' you should still give some movies a go even though it has an average rating.

I judge each movie based on its merits... I always avoid reading what critics say before watching a movie.

But since you think highly of what critics think here's what Wikipedia say:

Dawg.

I saw Beowulf in HS and thought it was awful.

Can't imagine what I would think now as an adult. I watched a lot of ****ty movies back then.

New pet peeve:
When the pet peeve thread turns into a debate about IMDb.
Move along folks. Nothing to see here.

New pet peeve:
When the pet peeve thread turns into a debate about IMDb.
Move along folks. Nothing to see here.

Speaking of imdb, I cannot stand their website format. Endless scrolling to see anything meaningful. Ugh.

3 small parties forming a government under the MMP while the biggest party sits in opposition.

Yeah but your new PM is hot.

P_Jacinda2.jpg

I'd have her in the cabinet, on the cabinet and so on. She actually looks a lot like an ex girlfriend of mine.