What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

So i got a cab home in the early hours of this morning the bloody cab driver took every wrong turn,/missed turn to stretch the fare out possible, my blood was boiling. So when he dropped me off i looked at the fare and said it should be half that, then gave him 40 instead of 55 bucks and told him to **** off.

Organised a driver for the Midnight Oil gig tomorrow, going up with a big group of friends hired, a mini bus and so on, now i have to ****ing drive it cause the prick driver i hired has pulled out a day before the gig.

Saggy boob cleavage. Hey Grandma, there’s a reason you have 16” of cleavage. It’s because your boobs are at your belly button.

When I’m trying to right at an intersection with no shoulder/turn lane and get stuck at the red light behind someone going straight. It’s no fault of theirs, but it’s still annoying.

Organised a driver for the Midnight Oil gig tomorrow, going up with a big group of friends hired, a mini bus and so on, now i have to ****ing drive it cause the prick driver i hired has pulled out a day before the gig.

Midnight Oil still performs? Are their beds still burning? I hated them in the 80's, looks like I can still hate them now!

Driving to pick up kids from school yesterday and this guy is going 25 in a 40 with no signs of speeding up in his brand new dually truck on a two-lane road by my house. Traffic is quickly backing up behind him with a ways to go before the next light. I'm 2nd in line. It's a wide road with a turn lane and no passing till the next light, far down the road. So after thinking about it for a while and watching the cars bunch up in my rear view I decide to pass him using the left turn lane. Totally safe pass but illegal. On my way by I honked and his head just about hit the roof of his truck I scared him so bad. I couldn't help but laugh. He was instantly furious and sped up to my bumper. I ignored him. There's about 1/2 mile before the next light and he's just stewing. We get to the light and I calmly my roll my window down and he rolls down his and I ask him how his nap was.

When people use the term "price point" when writing a product review. You're not in a marketing meeting at work, you're a customer, it's okay, and shorter, to just write "price" or "cost" or "expensive."

Driving to pick up kids from school yesterday and this guy is going 25 in a 40 with no signs of speeding up in his brand new dually truck on a two-lane road by my house. Traffic is quickly backing up behind him with a ways to go before the next light. I'm 2nd in line. It's a wide road with a turn lane and no passing till the next light, far down the road. So after thinking about it for a while and watching the cars bunch up in my rear view I decide to pass him using the left turn lane. Totally safe pass but illegal. On my way by I honked and his head just about hit the roof of his truck I scared him so bad. I couldn't help but laugh. He was instantly furious and sped up to my bumper. I ignored him. There's about 1/2 mile before the next light and he's just stewing. We get to the light and I calmly my roll my window down and he rolls down his and I ask him how his nap was.

Pet peeve: when someone tells you a story and keeps you in suspense.

When people use the term "price point" when writing a product review. You're not in a marketing meeting at work, you're a customer, it's okay, and shorter, to just write "price" or "cost" or "expensive."

It's a sales person euphemism. All of those are annoying. Like the "I met with your neighbor John" rapport building attempts.

I love to mess with door-to-door sales people when they pull out the sales 101 cards and get obnoxiously used car salesy. My goal after they don't take the first "I'm not interested, goodbye" is to waste absolutely as much time of their's as I can. If everyone did this then we wouldn't have door-to-door trash salespeople or annoying telesales phone calls.

It takes me longer to get out of Utah County at 5 in the morning than it does during rush hour because all these hicks get up way too early and drive slow as slugs. And you know they are all bragging up the hard worker working all day life ********.

But I have the opposite problem now with jackass South Jordan types who pretend to be upper income but aren't, who come out of the golf course roundabout and gun it up to 70+ mph by the time they pass my house. When a guy like me starts pushing for speed bumps you know things have gone over the line.

It takes me longer to get out of Utah County at 5 in the morning than it does during rush hour because all these hicks get up way too early and drive slow as slugs. And you know they are all bragging up the hard worker working all day life ********.

But I have the opposite problem now with jackass South Jordan types who pretend to be upper income but aren't, who come out of the golf course roundabout and gun it up to 70+ mph by the time they pass my house. When a guy like me starts pushing for speed bumps you know things have gone over the line.

There are MANY people I work with who show up to work 30min to 1hr before they need to be there. They chill in the break room having a pre-work break wasting a significant portion of their daily free time. It makes absolutely no sense to me. I get that if you work 1hr away traffic can be unpredictable and you might want to give yourself up to 20min. But more than that and I'll just risk being late every once in a while. I've had long commutes before and 90+% of the time my commute was +/- 5 min. No need to get somewhere more than 30min before you actually need to be there. That is straight up dumb as **** to me.

Reactions: MVP
There are MANY people I work with who show up to work 30min to 1hr before they need to be there. They chill in the break room having a pre-work break wasting a significant portion of their daily free time. It makes absolutely no sense to me. I get that if you work 1hr away traffic can be unpredictable and you might want to give yourself up to 20min. But more than that and I'll just risk being late every once in a while. I've had long commutes before and 90+% of the time my commute was +/- 5 min. No need to get somewhere more than 30min before you actually need to be there. That is straight up dumb as **** to me.

I have the flipside at work. We are contractually obligated to be in the building before 7:45am. Many of us show up at 7am or before to photocopy, grade, get **** done. And yet there are others, they call themselves adults, without children mind you, who can't manage to show up on time. One person lives 15 minutes away and I used to live by her. And I was never late. Another lives a half mile from me now. We're about 30 minutes from school. I've never been late in the seven years I've lived here except once during awful snow and driving conditions that took me two hours to get in. Anyway, these people complain when they're called in by the principal for being late. Like 20, 30, 40x a year. They get legitimately upset about it. And still somehow think they're adults.

Probably same people who say stupid **** like "I don't know what I'd do with myself if I wasn't at work all day". Ya, buddy. If I sat on the couch for 6 hours every day, as soon as I got home, aimlessly surfing TV channels, I would wanna pull my hair out too.

We have a saying - extra 1 hr at work equals 1 year in prison.

I'm wired like this to the T.

Having been pinned to the site for years, but slow down considerably, just to have the owner send nude pics and expect me to post more but the pics weren't post-worthy...

tenor.gif