What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Don’t be obtuse.

This whole discussion has been sad from you, starting with the supposition that migrant workers MUST obviously be illegals. Sad OB, quite sad.

As I said, I didn't read the rest of it. So, I don't really know what you are objecting to.

Yes, since 90% of migrant workers are illegals, the only possible words to describe my assumption is "sad" or "quite sad". Well stated.

As I said, I didn't read the rest of it. So, I don't really know what you are objecting to.

Yes, since 90% of migrant workers are illegals, the only possible words to describe my assumption is "sad" or "quite sad". Well stated.

Gee. The entire premise is of how farm workers are exploited.

Great “fact” sheet.

For the sake of accuracy, roughly 78% of migrant workers in agriculture are illegals.

In the past you were opposed to profiling, even when statistics were favorable for so. Interesting how you’re changing your tune here.

Anyways, sorry to de-rail the thread. It’s a pet peeve of mine and I’m doing it :(

Gee. The entire premise is of how farm workers are exploited.

Great “fact” sheet.

I agree that one person's exploitation is another's lifting up. Obviously the farm workers find value in the employment. You seem like you take great pride in hiring people legally and treating them well; but I'm sure you'll acknowledge not every farmer is as scrupulous and ethical in their hiring/treatment.

However, I only linked to that page because of a single statistic. I apologize if the rest of the contents caused you any pain.

For the sake of accuracy, roughly 78% of migrant workers in agriculture are illegals.

In the past you were opposed to profiling, even when statistics were favorable for so. Interesting how you’re changing your tune here.

You were correct to correct my inaccuracies, and I thank you for the better information. I make the same cognitive shortcuts other humans do. I don't find that particularly sad, although I would acknowledge "unfortunate".

Taylorsville City’s building department. Horrible. Absolutely ridiculous. What is a 10 minute process in any other city I’ve worked in was a 1 hour ordeal there.

Well done, exactly that. They might as well have put no separator at all so everyone can see you doing your business...

I can’t stand that most public stall doors open in. So after I’m done taking a **** and flush, I have to basically back up into the toilet and/or step sort of to the side of it, where it’s filthiest, to be able to open the door enough so that I can then squeeze past it and exit.

****ing dumb.