What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Our doctor employs a nurse practitioner and a physician's assistant. We prefer to visit with them, because they seem to take more time and interest.

Agreed for the most part. I did like my former doctor though. He would curse, was chill, look out for me it seemed. Maybe a little too casual with prescriptions though which I feel like all doctors have become which isn’t a good thing.

I have a yelp page for my business. Part of that page clearly lists my business hours. Just about every week I’ll have someone message me asking for a quote. Then they’ll try to schedule a time outside of the posted hours.

I have a yelp page for my business. Part of that page clearly lists my business hours. Just about every week I’ll have someone message me asking for a quote. Then they’ll try to schedule a time outside of the posted hours.

Every time I put my basement up for rent I place an ad with everything clearly and concisely spelled out.

NO PETS

Text: can I have a dog?

No.

Text: what if it's a small dog?

At that point I stop responding. I get the same thing with utilities, parking questions, cable and internet, and can I hold the place vacant for them without rent for umpteen months until their current contract is up. If they cant read an ad that's shorter than their texts then I'm not interested.

Every time I put my basement up for rent I place an ad with everything clearly and concisely spelled out.

NO PETS

No.

At that point I stop responding. I get the same thing with utilities, parking questions, cable and internet, and can I hold the place vacant for them without rent for umpteen months until their current contract is up. If they cant read an ad that's shorter than their texts then I'm not interested.

If it’s a day I can do after hours, I respond with a higher hourly rate. It’s amazing how many people won’t respond to that.

NO PETS

No.

I'll take it.

So a small dog is fine, right?

You sound like you enjoy losing business.

Can you name me one service oriented business that doesn’t charge premium rates for after hour services?
These types of inquiries are people looking for an electrician to come fix whatever problem they’ve got right now and will call someone else for their next call. I’ve got so much work right now, I don’t really worry about it. I would literally be leaving a job where my profits will be in the thousands for a service call where my profit will be ~$50.

Can you name me one service oriented business that doesn’t charge premium rates for after hour services?
These types of inquiries are people looking for an electrician to come fix whatever problem they’ve got right now and will call someone else for their next call. I’ve got so much work right now, I don’t really worry about it. I would literally be leaving a job where my profits will be in the thousands for a service call where my profit will be ~$50.
I was implying when you said on the days you could and from being annoyed from people asking for business hours because it's listed on Yelp.

Like you, I’ve had constant pain in my feet for over three years. As soon as it starts to feel a little better, I try to do something extra, or I’ll spend an inordinate amount of time on a ladder, and the pain comes screaming back. Also like you, I try to not show it.
Neuropathy?

And JG and colton...wow, so sorry for your situations.

When a coworker doesn't believe that you have done all you can to research an account and you know there is no further paper trail to be followed because the file has been destroyed long before, but she still insists that she is going to try to find the file because she has been around a lot longer than me and might see something I'm not seeing. WTH? What is there to see in a non-existent, destroyed file?
Ugh, yeah. I once had a boss who refused to pay a $21 shipping invoice that was 3 yrs overdue because it couldn't be charged to an account. I spent WAY too much tie trying to research and came up empty. Seriously, just pay the damn bill. It's a rounding error in the great scheme of things. How much are you paying me per hour?

And it's not just this instance. I've worked for quite a few companies who waste time and resources on mundane, trivial matters and then **** the bed when it comes to more serious matters..

My wife says “supposably”. I gave up trying to correct her.
th

The word "height" is pronounced like "high-t" not "high-t-th".

Huh. I dont think I use this but didnt know.

Also related, does it pet peeve anyone that I dont use apostraphes much anymore? Because it's a pet peeve of mine that autocorrect doesnt always add them and I'm tired of smashing fat fingers onto a small screen to change the keyboard to that portion and back.

My internet has slowed to dial up speed, couldn't watch game two, (new lady friend was over) gonna have to hotspot game 3. Techie is coming round tomorrow morning but doubt it will be fixed until next week.