What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

In a weird way, this has been quite cathartic. While I am sad that we suffer so much, there is comfort in not being alone. I felt bad starting this whole thing, but I thank all of you for sharing your hardships and illnesses with us. Best wishes for finding our best possible outcomes.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

In a weird way, this has been quite cathartic. While I am sad that we suffer so much, there is comfort in not being alone. I felt bad starting this whole thing, but I thank all of you for sharing your hardships and illnesses with us. Best wishes for finding our best possible outcomes.

That's the best thing about therapy because conditions like this can make you feel very very alone, and often that's the worst part.

And I feel the same way. I hope that we keep advancing medicine and therapy and most importantly public opinion about conditions like this so it isn't seen as a black mark.

That's the best thing about therapy because conditions like this can make you feel very very alone, and often that's the worst part.

And I feel the same way. I hope that we keep advancing medicine and therapy and most importantly public opinion about conditions like this so it isn't seen as a black mark.

That was the biggest hurdle for my wife. She felt she had to suffer in silence. She’s past that now, but it’s a very real aspect to it.

People using powered and especially impact wrenches when tightening small bolt and hardware.

People stripping out multiple allen head flush bolts because they are just jamming a powered wrench bit into them and going full power. And then extra peeved because they say the problem is that they need penetrating oil. Meanwhile I use a regular allen wrench to loosen the bolts and don't strip any of them out. Didn't seem to be a penetrating oil issue.

I coach my 7 year old son’s baseball team. Tonight was picture night. I’d sent a text to the parents basically saying “picture time is 6:20. Be on time and ready so we can start the game on time (6:45). We already won’t have time to warm up”. About 6:35 the last of the kids came rolling in. Drives me bat **** crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I coach my 7 year old son’s baseball team. Tonight was picture night. I’d sent a text to the parents basically saying “picture time is 6:20. Be on time and ready so we can start the game on time (6:45). We already won’t have time to warm up”. About 6:35 the last of the kids came rolling in. Drives me bat **** crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
Lack of punctuality is very much a Utah thing. I'm not saying it is exclusive to Utah, but people here feel super justified being late to stuff.

Lack of punctuality is very much a Utah thing. I'm not saying it is exclusive to Utah, but people here feel super justified being late to stuff.
Mormon Standard Time

My brother pulled up to Easter dinner five minutes early - and he could tell he was the last to arrive. He worried he had the time wrong because my family is never on time. My sister hosting the party wasn't ready because she anticipated everyone being a half hour late.

Maybe we've turned a corner.

I am never late to anything. Might be my best characteristic. Sad i know.

I have been working at the same place for 16 years and have to be to work at 6am. I dont even think i have ever been late. Havent called in sick for about a year and a half now either

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Real time event: taking a dump in a public restroom and the guy next to you making sounds like he’s giving birth. I just want to cave in his face when we meet at the hand washing sink.

So I've started saying "bless you" to random bodily functions to protest saying it to sneezes. I get some weird looks from people when I saw bless you too their cough or hiccup. The best one was I went into the men's room and Mr. Talky-bathroom-guy went into a stall. I was standing at the urinal when he farted pretty loud. I reflexively said "bless you" pretty loudly. he got really quiet and then as I was washing my hands he said "thank you?"

So I've started saying "bless you" to random bodily functions to protest saying it to sneezes. I get some weird looks from people when I saw bless you too their cough or hiccup. The best one was I went into the men's room and Mr. Talky-bathroom-guy went into a stall. I was standing at the urinal when he farted pretty loud. I reflexively said "bless you" pretty loudly. he got really quiet and then as I was washing my hands he said "thank you?"

Thanks for the belly laugh, log

Lol
I hate bless yous for sneezes.
Keep fighting the good fight.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Heh, mr, talky-bathroom-guy that’s a good one. I’m taking a damn piss I’m not in there to make buddies.

I'm laughing too hard in my office and didn't know how to explain it to neighboring coworkers. I just went with "I'm really tired and everything is now funny."

I am never late to anything. Might be my best characteristic. Sad i know.

I have been working at the same place for 16 years and have to be to work at 6am. I dont even think i have ever been late. Havent called in sick for about a year and a half now either

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Me either. I've been late to school once in 16 years and it was only during a delayed opening after having about 8 inches of snow. Traffic was crawling on a major road and what normally took 35 minutes took almost 2.5 hours. Didn't miss a class though as I didn't teach 1st period.