What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

man .. i was just reading about a patient i've seen at work for years who was arrested for murdering his missus .. yikes

Didn't cook his eggs? That the 88 year old dude? we were talking about it last night, man you've put up with her so long whats a few more years? They're filming a doco at work over the next month joint is full of microphones and camera crews, they did a trial day yesterday, bastards were following us around, wont be long before one of them gets hit.

Didn't cook his eggs? That the 88 year old dude? we were talking about it last night, man you've put up with her so long whats a few more years? They're filming a doco at work over the next month joint is full of microphones and camera crews, they did a trial day yesterday, bastards were following us around, wont be long before one of them gets hit.

yeah big bad Ronnie apparently He's been getting a little dementia the last couple years but geez ...

yeah big bad Ronnie apparently He's been getting a little dementia the last couple years but geez ...

Happens a lot, years ago the dementia ward at work was staffed almost exclusively by Asian nurses at one point when we had a whole bunch of WWII veterans as patients it was pretty ****ed. Reliving Changi daily.

The current casual filling the position as Mrs Rubashov is an aged care nurse, no idea how she does it.

"You're welcome" is pretty illogical response to receiving thanks, anyway, so it's not like that's a better response.

Somewhat related, a pet peeve for me is people saying thank you for a task they forced the other person to do. I probably developed this as a kid wondering why my dad said thank you when the alternative was getting beat.

Also there are a ton of retail scams where people will claim they didn't get the right change. Placing it on the counter is a way to, well, counter that.

Also don't find a point to "bless you" on a sneeze. It's blatantly religious, for one, and seems to be a vestige of old superstition.

when someone serving you is giving you change and they just put it on the counter instead of in your hand that is open waiting to receive it ..... ffs that does my head in
What I hate is when you buy a drink and they take a perfectly good cup off the stack of cups they have and set it rim down on the filthy counter that money and people's dirty ****ing dick skinners have been touching all day. Why would I want the rim of my cup to be infested with all that?

When Amazon's delivery service mis-delivers you package and your wonderful neighbors decide they got a freebie.

It's like hey mother****ers, you know those guys took a pic of your door, right? I know where my package went.

What I hate is when you buy a drink and they take a perfectly good cup off the stack of cups they have and set it rim down on the filthy counter that money and people's dirty ****ing dick skinners have been touching all day. Why would I want the rim of my cup to be infested with all that?

Ewwww. Never had that Yuck

Ewwww. Never had that Yuck
Jimmy John's (sandwich shop) does it every time. I want to tell them to keep the money and get rid of the cup for me.

I just don't order drinks from them anymore.

95% of the time I don't order a drink, as I don't drink soda, so it's not usually an issue.

In movies and TV shows, when the "driver" of a car looks away from the road for FAR longer than you can do without getting in an accident. Completely knocks me out of the suspension of disbelief, every time.